What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fergo Disputing Faking Injury

Stagger Lee

Bench
I am not defending fergo in any way and I do feel really sorry for the Raiders but can we genuinely stop him from playing at another club unless he his found guilty of a serious crime? The NRL would just be on the wrong side of a lawsuit that would end up putting money in that idiots pocket and make him feel invulnerable.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I am not defending fergo in any way and I do feel really sorry for the Raiders but can we genuinely stop him from playing at another club unless he his found guilty of a serious crime? The NRL would just be on the wrong side of a lawsuit that would end up putting money in that idiots pocket and make him feel invulnerable.

They could refuse to register a player that breaks his contract. Wouldn't be the first time.

skeepe

Immortal
I honestly blame David Smith and the NRL for Fergo's regression after being charged.

The Raiders had a good plan in place with Fergo, he was staying on the straight and narrow and playing great footy. They should have been allowed to continue with their plan. Instead, the NRL insisted that he stop the program the Raiders had going in Canberra, and come to Sydney regularly to do theirs.

The Raiders organised a psychologist for Ferguson, which he saw up to twice a week and had to pay for out of his own pocket.

The Raiders also appointed a mentor to try and create a family-like atmosphere for him in Canberra - a former police officer and senior indigenous leader.

It coincided with the best form of Ferguson's career, rocketing him into the NSW origin team.

But it's understood the Raiders and the NRL had debated Ferguson's rehabilitation program that was put in place after he was charged with indecent assault on the eve of camp for Origin II.

The NRL suspended Ferguson for four weeks and insisted he undergo weekly counselling and work with the code's welfare department in Sydney.

The Raiders expressed concerns it was forcing Ferguson to visit Sydney once a week, arguing that Canberra would provide a more consistent environment.

The Raiders had been planning to invest between 12 to 18 months in Ferguson's rehabilitation, before he ceased communication with the club some three weeks ago.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...-time-runs-out-at-raiders-20130906-2t97v.html

The NRL have to take a massive amount of responsibility for this situation. They let the Raiders continue his rehab in Canberra, and none of this happens. They de-register Dugan for walking out on a contract like they should have, and none of this happens.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hang on didn't he get on the grog and allegedly sexually assault someone whilst undergoing this Raiders programme? Some might say that would be a reflection it wasn't exactly working?

The only person responsible for Ferguson's situation is Ferguson.

bileduct

Coach
Good onya Donnie... rouse up the supporter base with some empty threats to the NRL.

Those of us who have been around long enough know that it was the Raiders who made a deliberate choice to invest in juniors because the club struggled to attract quality 25-26 year olds. We couldn't just go out and buy these players.

But who knows Donnie, you might fool someone.

bileduct

Coach
We just come out looking more and more stupid.

It was under our watch that Ferguson got landed with an indecent assault charge, not the NRL's.

Now this bullshit with Mitch Cornish. Why would the Raiders expect a second tier salary cap exemption for Cornish when McIllwrick and Williams are available to play? Why wouldn't the Raiders check with auditors before naming him?

Kinda takes the weight out of Donnie's big dummy spit.

F**k you Fergo, you pea heart muppet.

Thanks for nothing ya donkey, can't wait to rip into yourself and Josh "Prick" Dugan next year when the NRL allows you to walk into another club.

Eat shit with your good mate Grayson "haterz gunna hatez bruz" Goodwin.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
3tghax.jpg

Usain Bolt

Bench
Sounds like Fergo was bullied by the club and other Raiders players which is disgraceful. I can understand now why he wouldn't want to be apart of that environment. Hope his faith in rugby league is not lose and he's able to rebuild at another club

innsaneink

Referee
Sounds like Fergo was bullied by the club and other Raiders players which is disgraceful. I can understand now why he wouldn't want to be apart of that environment. Hope his faith in rugby league is not lose and he's able to rebuild at another club

nsis

naah

dns

Edwahu

Bench

I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Latest posts