What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Fess up: Which team has the WORST fans?

Which team has the worst fans, both at the ground and on-line?

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bazal said:
Don't you recall the flare that went on the playing surface a few years back? Behind the posts at the Showground (IIRC), I have no idea whether there was a game in progress or not, which is why I never said that players were endangered.

As for the 45%...I said that I wasn't saying that is the number of dickhead Dogs fans, just that it can technically be considered a minority...just because not all Dogs fans are dickheads, doesn't mean they haven't got a larger percentage than most clubs...

Never heard anything about it... surely something like that wouldn't have escaped the media's eye?

m0j0

Bench
Dodger said:
I don't recall a single incident where our fans have put any NRL players in danger.
If you're only referring to flares/fireworks, then I don't recall any incidents either. However, weren't there a few Dogs fans throwing some dangerous projectiles (either glass bottles or bottles full of water) at Finchy a couple of years back. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it. I was kinda hoping one would hit and somehow take him out of the game for a few weeks or more.

Knightmare

Coach
I've never had a problem with Bulldogs fans. Even coming home from the 2002 match when Hazem pipped the Knights on the bell. I actually ended up sitting across from this middle aged caucasion Bulldogs fan and two Lebo looking blokes decked out in blue and white and talking about footy. Worst I saw was new graffiti in permanent marker :LOL:

mightypanther

Juniors
Nickeel said:
Have not had a worse experience at the football, in terms of behaviour of fans, than at Brookvale last month. I went from being surrounded by chest beating wankers speaking garbled interest and insulting my sister on the hill; to thugs grabbing me because of the jersey I was wearing outside the ground; to a carfull of them with a siren mounted on their dashboard sitting behind our car flashing their headlights and urging us to pull over/following us for a good two kilometres through to Frenchs Forest before they sped off, shouting sh*t at us all the way.

I have been to many, many, many games in my time, involving opposition fans with 'reputations' such as the Bulldogs group, and the only time I have ever felt in any kind of danger was that night at Brooky. A hole of a place, people by the festering wretches who have crawled from it. Was my first time and will likely be my last - don't think I will ever go back.

Nick

I'm with you. Last year at Brookie was the most hideous night I have ever spent at a game.

We were treated like dirt, and the manly fans were like animals.

We were so disgusted by the crap we had to go through, that I sent a complaint letter to the Manly football club. Their response ? Pathetic.

A one paragraph letter stating that they had no official reports from the security staff about any trouble, so I must either be mistaken, or be exaggerating my experience. WANKERS.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm really surprised that with the amount of stories about Brookvale that Manly doesn't have more votes.

macavity

Referee
andy777, aphelion, Bazal, bboy_insane, Bernster, CC_Eagle, choisir, CrazyEel, Desert Qlder, Dutchy, El Diablo, EvolutionUber, Ghoulies, Glenn, Homer's Bowling Ball, jc155776, JW, LebaneseForces, lukesdogs, m0j0, mattyg, Moffo, morri (cWo), MSIH, ozzy_ozman, ParraDude_Jay, petetheileet, Raider Azz, rotti, Russell Crowe's Band, Sea_Eagles_Rock, Snoop, Special K, Tap Twist Snap, The_Savage_1, Tigertread, Waken, Walt Flanigan, Wheelsy, Wildcard, yobbo84

now we know who you are......

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Mac, half of them aren't even worth worrying about cos they're either Parra fans or Souffs fans ;-)

Southernsaint

Staff member
mightypanther said:
I'm with you. Last year at Brookie was the most hideous night I have ever spent at a game.

We were treated like dirt, and the manly fans were like animals.

We were so disgusted by the crap we had to go through, that I sent a complaint letter to the Manly football club. Their response ? Pathetic.

A one paragraph letter stating that they had no official reports from the security staff about any trouble, so I must either be mistaken, or be exaggerating my experience. WANKERS.

We went up there a few seasons ago and copped trmendous stick from the Manly fans all game. They were hammered drunk and at the end one of them actually stumbles over to "shake hands" with members of The Army. "Good game" he slurred, "We'll see you in September".

"You coming to a Saints semi, are you??"

Then he had a swing, missed, and just walked away.

Then we went on to the ground and kicked the footy around - which is the best bit of the Brookie game-day experience.

kooriguy

Juniors
at the ground: roosters
online: roosters
in space: roosters
underwater: roosters
in the afterlife: roosters
in another dimension: roosters
etc etc etc...

Leethal

Juniors
Manly fans on the hill. Round 1 at Brookvale this year they were disgraceful. Throwing cans and bottles and carrying on like prize turds. One of our group had her brand new car keyed because it had a Raiders sticker. Mindless, petty arseholes...

McLovin

Staff member
Maybe this poll should have had only two options. The Bulldogs and Other...

Latest posts