What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFBRL Trade Discussion

Dutchy

Immortal
Zac Hardaker - 96775 Fullback (harder to move)
Ryan Atkins - 96335 Centre
Willie Manu - 87116 Second Row
Jeremy Smith - 78336 Lock
Micky Paea - 87116 Prop
Stefan Ratchford - 85875 F/E.

Dutchy

Immortal
Also, how many can we retain at seasons end?

Instead of a flat out keep 10 drop the rest again.

Can it kinda be like the old RSC, same squad but have two caps.

Keep, up to 10 players with stats of 7/7 or with a primary attribute higher Ie 9/4, 8/5 etc.
And also keep, if you choose up to 5 players statted 7/6 or less. So we can still scout, and hold future talent, and be rewarded for it.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Jennings would have me interested.

Given Jennings is likely to stay at 9 next rerate, he's too valuable to lose I think. I won't say he's a 10, but if he had managed to continue the form of last year to this year he might have got there.

Zac Hardaker - 96775 Fullback (harder to move)
Ryan Atkins - 96335 Centre
Willie Manu - 87116 Second Row
Jeremy Smith - 78336 Lock
Micky Paea - 87116 Prop
Stefan Ratchford - 85875 F/E.

Willie Manu for Danny McGuire? :sarcasm:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Also, how many can we retain at seasons end?

Instead of a flat out keep 10 drop the rest again.

Can it kinda be like the old RSC, same squad but have two caps.

Keep, up to 10 players with stats of 7/7 or with a primary attribute higher Ie 9/4, 8/5 etc.
And also keep, if you choose up to 5 players statted 7/6 or less. So we can still scout, and hold future talent, and be rewarded for it.

I'd prefer to keep it uncomplicated. I mean, I opted to let go better players to keep guys with potential last year.

How many did we retain last year? I thought it was 13-15?

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I'd prefer to keep it uncomplicated. I mean, I opted to let go better players to keep guys with potential last year.

How many did we retain last year? I thought it was 13-15?

13 I think, or 11. Can't remember.

There was resistance to such an idea, which I understand.

Bazal

Post Whore
I vote for 17 if we're going that way. Keep a full squad worth. If you have quality juniors, you can still keep them that way.

The one thing I want more focus on is juniors. They're worthless in the current set up

Misanthrope

Staff member
I vote for 17 if we're going that way. Keep a full squad worth. If you have quality juniors, you can still keep them that way.

The one thing I want more focus on is juniors. They're worthless in the current set up

17's an awful lot. Could mean we don't get any decent talent coming 'off contract', but I'm willing to trial it this year and we can always revise it to a lower number if we find it renders the draft joyless.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I reckon lower than we had this year, plus two or so spots for juniors, so it forces you into keeping the core and making hard decisions on what that entails.

Or keep juniors free maybe.

Bazal

Post Whore
Well, why not make it more interesting?

17 total. 12 players over 7/7, and the rest must be under? Or something like that.

All I'm concerned about is that we'll constantly be revolving players around the league and won't get much of an opportunity to build a side.

Dutchy

Immortal
17's an awful lot. Could mean we don't get any decent talent coming 'off contract', but I'm willing to trial it this year and we can always revise it to a lower number if we find it renders the draft joyless.

That's why I come up with the lower stated cap.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well, why not make it more interesting?

17 total. 12 players over 7/7, and the rest must be under? Or something like that.

All I'm concerned about is that we'll constantly be revolving players around the league and won't get much of an opportunity to build a side.

I'm fine with something like that, just as long as we don't go down the road of having RSC sides and contracts and all that other bullshit.