What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

boxhead

First Grade
Thought we might as well get the official thread up and running.
Im pumped as always for the next FIFA!
Anyone tried out the demo yet? My reactions from an hour or two of play have been that;

*the defending system is pretty good, but you can concede cheap goals very easily, which is a good thing in a sense
*it feels amazing and there is a very considered approach to playing, keeping possession feels solid abd you need to focus a lot more with your passing to reduce the risk of interceptions
*the impact engine is funny to watch, I have barely noticed it in the demo though

Also, the player ratings are crazy! In FIFA 11, only Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo had base overralls of 90 (if played at wing and striker respectively). From what I can tell already, Messi, Ronaldo, Villa, Robben, Xavi and Iniesta all have overalls equal to or above 90. I would imagine based on Victor Valdes's rating that Casillas is over 90 as well, and being FIFA it woukdnt be a shock if Rooney or a few others were too.
I also noticed in one of the recent official videos that Gareth Bale is 86 and VDV 87! :shock: And Modric is 88!

I cant wait for release!

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
If PES 2012 is as good as the demo would indicate then I will be all over that.
My first proper FIFA game was 11 so I dont mind chalking out $60 for the new career mode, considering that was the one thing that 11 lacked.
Plus, I thought you buy them as well?
If 12 has depth to it then I wont bother buying another one, same with PES.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Same shit different year and suckers gobble it up.

Whilst that is normally true, the FIFA series has consistently improved and is well ahead of pes.

I've got both demos (FIFA and pes) and I am thoroughly enjoying FIFA. Without the auto pressure defense button being removed has added so much, ripping moves 1v1 and it feels amazing to slice through

FIFA has barely improved on next gen platforms. You want to see improvement then play the games from 98-05.

PES has been dog shit for years but I don't see the relevance.

The demo doesn't feel any different to Fifa 11 save for not using auto pressure on defence. Same game rehashed.

EA strike again

boxhead

First Grade
A few interesting tid-buts have been found regarding manager mode, such as having 16 spots in a club's youth academy system (thankfully scouts have returned!) and, get this, the potential for rich consortiums to take over clubs ala ManCity and Chelsea! I reckon that's a neat feature, apparently you could see Everton (for example) going crazy and spending 100+ million in the January transfer window!

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Lol there are other videos which don't feature bugs. I've also played the demo quite a bit and don't recall any of this crap happening.

I do however agree that 2k12 will be the best sports game this year. 2k sports have the bball genre locked down lol.

TiggaPlease

Beta releases are for finding glitches - Usually only released to a small number of testers.

Demos should be indicative of final build, to help sell the product.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
They arent the first reviews; two magazines have already given 9/10 and 9.5/10 scores. Regardless, those are great scores.

First two or last two, regardless it appears as though 9/10 is the general score across the board.

I am actually quite excited to get this years version. Online improvements and career mode, basically the modes I play most.