What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIFA 2022 WORLD CUP - NRL Support

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You didn't do any research.
Yes, I decided not to waste my life on something that wasn't going to happen.

Well I'm glad my efforts won't go unrewarded. Funny word that. Effort.......
You have read a pile of useless information. Australia did not win the right to host the WC in 2022, an event that a wall fan would have known beforehand. All that effort for nothing.

A fan who can't support a bid?
At least I'm informed...
Yes, I am a fan who was informed enough about the inner workings of FIFA and time zones to know that we had no chance of winning.

chefman21

Juniors
Yes, I decided not to waste my life on something that wasn't going to happen.

You have read a pile of useless information. Australia did not win the right to host the WC in 2022, an event that a wall fan would have known beforehand. All that effort for nothing.

Yes, I am a fan who was informed enough about the inner workings of FIFA and time zones to know that we had no chance of winning.

So based on your rationale don't be bothered unless something's a certainty? So you have no job then? No girlfriend/boyfriend?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So based on your rationale don't be bothered unless something's a certainty? So you have no job then? No girlfriend/boyfriend?
I was bothered about a certainty - an absolute conviction based on logic and common sense that we weren't getting within an iota of the WC. Once the microsecond that we were never a hope in hell of getting the WC passed I stopped being bothered about it, something I recommend you do as well.

And, old salt, getting a job and girlfriend was always a certainty, the only bother was which one to choose.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Excuse me for not reviewing the previous 185 posts on this thread.

Qatar was alwasy going to be the winning bidder for the 2022 World Cup .

Our unsuccessful bid had nothing to do with the quality of our bid, presentation, support or lack of it from other codes etc etc.

FIFA wanted Qatar, got Qatar and will surely get the World Cup they deserve.

Hopefully, the decision to award Qatar the rights to the 2022 World Cup will bring about the downfall of the current regime and draw your own conclusions from these comments.