What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIFA 2022 WORLD CUP - NRL Support

Loudstrat

Coach
When the cup is finished they will be dismantled and sent to poorer countries that have the population to fill those stadiums.
....who would have got greater benefit if hey sent food or medicine....

And the NRL would not have benefitted one iota from a stadium in Blacktown, without a team wanting toplay out of it. And why would Parra or Penrith move?

We avoided a great waste of money thanks to a pissant Middle East country willing to waste its.

StormChaser

First Grade
tumblr_l3vin1cJRV1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
....who would have got greater benefit if hey sent food or medicine....

And the NRL would not have benefitted one iota from a stadium in Blacktown, without a team wanting toplay out of it. And why would Parra or Penrith move?

We avoided a great waste of money thanks to a pissant Middle East country willing to waste its.
Still spent 50 million on acheiving absolutely nothing. If we got the world cup we would have had 400,000 tourists here for a month, that would have brought plenty of money into the economy.

chefman21

Juniors
Still spent 50 million on acheiving absolutely nothing. If we got the world cup we would have had 400,000 tourists here for a month, that would have brought plenty of money into the economy.

Just as the baby boomer generation retiring is at it's peak too. Tourism wasn't the only benefit. Corporate investment, new infrastructure, post World Cup benefits, media deals, a virtually self sufficient A-League etc etc. There's a reason why the countries that can afford it bid.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Just as the baby boomer generation retiring is at it's peak too. Tourism wasn't the only benefit. Corporate investment, new infrastructure, post World Cup benefits, media deals, a virtually self sufficient A-League etc etc. There's a reason why the countries that can afford it bid.
I suppose a world cup in Australia would have cured cancer too.

chefman21

Juniors
I suppose a world cup in Australia would have cured cancer too.

Are you stupid? All that does - and more than likely will - happen when you host a World Cup. What point are you struggling to come to terms with? Baby boomers? Tourism? Media deals and corporate investment? Infrastructure? A competition with new found members?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Are you stupid? All that does - and more than likely will - happen when you host a World Cup. What point are you struggling to come to terms with? Baby boomers? Tourism? Media deals and corporate investment? Infrastructure? A competition with new found members?
I'm not the one struggling lad. You can haggle about all the merits of a world cup you want because every point you have outlined is moot - the cup ain't coming to Australia.

Loudstrat

Coach
Yep. For a few billion more.

Makes a lie that Qatar won - they get infrastructure that they have to give away!. A self sufieient A league is crap too. The Union WC here was a great sucess for that sport, and within 5 years it was in it's worst state since they turned the first sod at Concord.

Oh well, no super fast tram to Taree. :lol:

chefman21

Juniors
Makes a lie that Qatar won - they get infrastructure that they have to give away!. A self sufieient A league is crap too. The Union WC here was a great sucess for that sport, and within 5 years it was in it's worst state since they turned the first sod at Concord.

Oh well, no super fast tram to Taree. :lol:
Not a fan of big events? Or football? Or both?

Loudstrat

Coach
Huge fan of footy - specifically the Eels.

Love events.

Hate wasting squillions on a crap sport for overseas primadonnas run by corrupt businessmen.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So you just make snide little comments for the sake of it?
No, I make cynical remarks where I feel they are warranted. I've had the displeasure of reading half of your batsh*t boring posts on what the world cup will bring to Australia (I did not read the other half because I'm saving those for my next bout of insomnia) and came to the conclusion that your grip on reality is as tight as that of a man with no arms.

South Africa is doing well after the world cup - all its gained is a few extra elephants, which would be great if they were real elephants roaming in nature parks, but these ones are white, empty stadiums. Transport is still as reliable as ever, that is completely unreliable, the gap between rich and poor is still as wide as a Campbelltown housewife and the crime rate is higher than ever.

So. please regail us with what the world cup would have brought to Australia apart from a quadrupling of Craig Foster's smugness, a very fast train to nowhere and a million fat poms drinking piss up waiting for their team to get the arse at the quarter final stage.

chrisc101

Juniors
The World Cup was going to bring no upside for Rugby League stadia. It certainly would have provided AFL upside but not rugby league. If you break it down:

Townsville- 30K post WC, we already have 27K
Brisbane- No change
GC- AFL staidum
Newcastle- 33K post WC, we will have that capacity this year
Sydney- Blacktown, post WC 27K, not needed
Canberra- 30K post WC, already have 27k, plus AFL get Bruce Stadium

Hardly a legacy for rectangular sporting codes.

chefman21

Juniors
No, I make cynical remarks where I feel they are warranted. I've had the displeasure of reading half of your batsh*t boring posts on what the world cup will bring to Australia (I did not read the other half because I'm saving those for my next bout of insomnia) and came to the conclusion that your grip on reality is as tight as that of a man with no arms.

South Africa is doing well after the world cup - all its gained is a few extra elephants, which would be great if they were real elephants roaming in nature parks, but these ones are white, empty stadiums. Transport is still as reliable as ever, that is completely unreliable, the gap between rich and poor is still as wide as a Campbelltown housewife and the crime rate is higher than ever.

So. please regail us with what the world cup would have brought to Australia apart from a quadrupling of Craig Foster's smugness, a very fast train to nowhere and a million fat poms drinking piss up waiting for their team to get the arse at the quarter final stage.

The first thing it would have brought is a slap across your smug little face. You are wrong. It's as simple as that. Go read some of the business reports, journal articles and the like on big events and specifically the World Cup. I just summarised what they said. But you didn't read that because you didn't like it. Let me guess. Not a football fan either? Just because you don't like football doesn't make it wrong.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The first thing it would have brought is a slap across your smug little face.
Really? I didn't see Paul Hogan or that lame kangaroo mention that was part of the bid.

You are wrong. It's as simple as that.
You are wrong. Why? Because the world cup is not coming to Australia. Everything you posted or are going to post is moot and irrelevant as soon as Australia was given their 1 measly vote.
Go read some of the business reports, journal articles and the like on big events and specifically the World Cup. I just summarised what they said. But you didn't read that because you didn't like it.
Pal, just you enjoy wasting your life doesn't mean everyone else does. But don't sweat, I'm told Frank Lowy is sending you a medal for enlightening the world about infrastructure and football's links. And, you're right, I didn't like it, because it was recommended by a boney dope like you.
Let me guess. Not a football fan either? Just because you don't like football doesn't make it wrong.
Once more, for the umpteenth time in your little life, wrong. I am a football fan. What I am not is a football buffoon who thought we were a penguin's chance in hell of winning the right to host a WC. But you obviously swallowed the Lowy/Foster line and seriously believed we were a chance, and embarrassingly, researched reams of useless information.

chefman21

Juniors
Really? I didn't see Paul Hogan or that lame kangaroo mention that was part of the bid.
No they didn't did they... Just so happens this one would've being a bonus.

You are wrong. Why? Because the world cup is not coming to Australia. Everything you posted or are going to post is moot and irrelevant as soon as Australia was given their 1 measly vote.
You didn't do any research as noted by yourself below. That's relevant.

Pal, just you enjoy wasting your life doesn't mean everyone else does. But don't sweat, I'm told Frank Lowy is sending you a medal for enlightening the world about infrastructure and football's links. And, you're right, I didn't like it, because it was recommended by a boney dope like you.
Well I'm glad my efforts won't go unrewarded. Funny word that. Effort....

Once more, for the umpteenth time in your little life, wrong. I am a football fan. What I am not is a football buffoon who thought we were a penguin's chance in hell of winning the right to host a WC. But you obviously swallowed the Lowy/Foster line and seriously believed we were a chance, and embarrassingly, researched reams of useless information.
A fan who can't support a bid?

At least I'm informed...

Latest posts