What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa Manager 07'

nöyd

Staff member
Nope.

'06 licked balls so I'm not expecting anything different this time around.

McLovin

Staff member
I'm over the soccer manager games.

Championship manager 03/04 was the best though

nöyd

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
I cant wait for 07. Looks the goods.

EA games always do LOOK the goods, pity is most of them struggle to deliver where it matters most.

fifa manager lacks depth like championship manager which is why the CM's are superior forever because EA puts 99% of time/money into licensing

Angry_eel

First Grade
The first two fifa managers or Total Club Manager as they were called then were awesome. I remeber i played it so much that i had to keep backup copies of the discs cause they started breaking in the centre from overuse.

TMC 2003 and TCM 2004 were awesome. TCM 2005 was tolerabale but a little bit too detailed. Its when EA made it fifa manager that they f**ked it up big time. Honestly, i tried playing 06 but its just not the same. 03 and 04 had an awesome interface which even a noob could have handled, Now FM 06 has an interface thats too overcrowded.

Ridders

Coach
is Football Manager 05 the same as TCM or totally different, cause on the pack it says from the makers of championship manager

skeepe

Immortal
Ridders said:
is Football Manager 05 the same as TCM or totally different, cause on the pack it says from the makers of championship manager

No, not TCM.

Football Manager 05 is the follow-on from Championship Manager 4. Championship Manager 5 or 2005 or whatever was basically a brand new game. The developers of the Championship Manager series, from the original to CM4, Sports Interactive, originally had a distribution deal with Eidos that ended around 2004. When that deal came to an end, Eidos retained the rights to the name "Championship Manager".

Football Manager is far superior in every way to the joke of a game that now passes for Championship Manager.

Ridders

Coach
ah k cheers...dun know what current championship manager games are like but i have to agree that footbal manager is a brilliant game

Angry_eel

First Grade
Toneee said:
I jus picked up CM 2007, and its unreal. Best manager game Ive ever played.
Mat i don't know how u reckon its the best management game. it has one of the worst 3d scoring system i have ever seen. With man utd i got beaten by like 6 - 0 by some championship team, i though maybe its a once off but same thing with arsenal who were beaten by about the same score by some 2nd division team.

Go to the official forums, they are full of people angry about this. FIFA knew they mucked up with this game so didn't make too much noise about its release.

Utey

Coach
I gotta disagree, this game is the sh*t. Ill take some screen shots of my progress with Milan. In a way its a little too easy. I tried Football Manager but didnt like it at all