What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita tackle

wibble

Bench
Compared to Chambers suplex last year that didn't even get a penalty, let alone referred by MRC (yes, he got a suspension for the other one he did in the same game, but that should have been 20 weeks), Slater's shoulder charge for 0 weeks, Munster kicking an opponent in the head for 0 weeks, Burgess headbutting an opponent for 1 week, or McGuire doing his second eye gouge of the season for 0 weeks, Fifita should be getting a warning letter.

Problem is, Fifita isn't going in to a "real" rep/finals game and isn't a "beloved" star (tin foil hat off now).

But there is definitely no consistency.

I'm OK with Fifita getting 3 weeks actually, if that is the standard set for incidents of that level of danger, but clearly it is not. But it won't harm him, or us with such a stacked side and Woods returning, to have a few weeks off.

The biggest issue is the increase to loading if he stuffs up again, but despite his rep he doesn't run afoul of the MRC often, so that should be OK. Just in case, maybe he should not take an early plea, as that leaves 25 points carrying over, and he should just take a full month off.

Or argue the grading? Does that negate the early plea if successful?

Card Shark

Immortal
I haven’t seen the eye gouging incident but once upon a time it was frowned upon extremely.

Didn’t Steve Linnane get 20 weeks for it?

coolumsharkie

Referee
I haven’t seen the eye gouging incident but once upon a time it was frowned upon extremely.

Didn’t Steve Linnane get 20 weeks for it?

I think it was against Greg Alexander too.. On Fifi's tackle he should be fighting it as the player dropped his head prior to getting tackled, Fifi was none the wiser, the 2nd effort made it look bad which should have just been a penalty only. He'll get 3 weeks though, it's Fifita.

Generalzod

Immortal
It was more like a flop than a crusher tackle, my question why wasn't Bateman charged:
d148964a04a3ab680c0ea06c8326ebc3

940c6889-594f-4986-bc98-f1346eb0753d

Card Shark

Immortal
It’s only a crusher if the tackler locks the head & then comes down on top of it.

All other occasions it just a bloody accident, unfortunately a part of the game.

Generalzod

Immortal
So misses dogs and Broncos. 2 must wins
He gambled he lost should have just let it go but saying that he was made an example of, again if the NRL was that serious of banning the crusher why wasn’t Bateman not sited or there are different versions of it...

M2D2

Bench
Challenging the grading on a weekend where its now 'the thing' was a mistake and a half.
And batemans wasnt as bad.

Inferno

Coach
It's bullshit that challenging the grading carries the same penalty as challenging the whole charge.

Also if he'd taken the plea, he would have missed 2 but probably would have been suspended so early he wouldn't have been named for Tonga meaning he would have missed the same 2 games anyway.

M2D2

Bench
It's bullshit that challenging the grading carries the same penalty as challenging the whole charge.

Also if he'd taken the plea, he would have missed 2 but probably would have been suspended so early he wouldn't have been named for Tonga meaning he would have missed the same 2 games anyway.
Incorrect. When it comes to rep, every knew he was going to play so it would have counted and the NRL would have allowed it.

Latest posts