What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to Sharks

roboshark

Coach
gards re-signed with us only a mont or two ago

hhah..just realised so did fifita

means nothing i guess

R2Coupe

Juniors
gards re-signed with us only a mont or two ago

hhah..just realised so did fifita

means nothing i guess

The difference is the Tigers had the choice to sign Fifita and did not.

I'm sure his replacement is an outstanding player. Actually I know they are!:D

Tigerm

First Grade
The difference is the Tigers had the choice to sign Fifita and did not.

I'm sure his replacement is an outstanding player. Actually I know they are!:D
Hey R2, it might be just a techncality on your choice of words, but I thought Fifita was already signed for next year & the WT's chose to let him go, rather than chose not to sign him?
Is this correct?

N.C.

Juniors
The Tigers had Fifita locked in. Then $900k a season came knocking - so he would have asked for an upgrade or a release. Probably in that order, since he says he's disappointed to be leaving the Tigers. I bet I can think of 900,000 reasons why that disappointment wont last too long, though...

R2Coupe

Juniors
Hey R2, it might be just a techncality on your choice of words, but I thought Fifita was already signed for next year & the WT's chose to let him go, rather than chose not to sign him?
Is this correct?

It was made public the club's decision to exercise the option it had on him. I imagine following the almost double offer received, the club then decided not to match it and in fairness released him. The CEO is also quoted in a recent article about this matter.

leoc

Juniors
You know, all this talk about matching or not matching offers is BS. They had resigned him and with that the Sharks should have been told to bugger off till next season. With the way we get injuries and we lose cattle, who knows if we won't have money to offer him a decent contract at the end of 2012??? More WT madness unfolding.....

DanOz

Juniors
You know, all this talk about matching or not matching offers is BS. They had resigned him and with that the Sharks should have been told to bugger off till next season. With the way we get injuries and we lose cattle, who knows if we won't have money to offer him a decent contract at the end of 2012??? More WT madness unfolding.....
Exactly. The Sharks would have signed someone else and we would have him next year, 1 year closer to the new TV rights contract being done with the associated salary cap increase to go with it, dont tell me we couldn't have back ended his next contract when this happened.

Tigerm

First Grade
This is not exactly how it's been reported here, i.e. he asked for a release to take the money? Wonder what is the truth?

Clearly, though, Fifita's own departure to Cronulla, confirmed in the days leading up to yesterday's match, was in his own head. Fifita had told a Sunday newspaper that ''to play this one bloke who's taken most of the boys' spots in the team … can't wait''.
After losing against Blair's side, Fifita said yesterday: ''It wasn't my choice to leave. I can't really help that. The option was the Sharks so I might as well take it. I'm not just going to sit there on my arse. What happens happens.''
Fifita was not happy at having to leave but also not exactly ecstatic about spending long periods of the match on the bench. Asked whether Blair was given some extra attention as a result of the speculation surrounding his signature, he said: ''Half and half. You know he's coming to the club … I just wanted to rip it up with my own game. With the time I got, I couldn't really do much.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...rs-discards-20110619-1ga79.html#ixzz1PkvtgoM2

N.C.

Juniors
He might be filthy, but soon he'll be filthy rich. I'm sorry, but he can't have it both ways... He did not need to take up that $300,000 p.a. offer either.

Frankly, the way he's handled all this recent media attention just makes him look like a clown. All talk, always was, and this is why he's been released.

G'bye Andrew, enjoy your new club. Maybe one day you'll be able to put your money where your mouth is. In the meantime, just go for the money while you can.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Putting Fifita to one side, 2GB called the good game by Woods. Every time he took the ball he made yards with a good offload in the second half. This is perhaps why he was preferred by the Tigers. He also appears to have a good attitude and is willing to learn. Time for Groat and Begovich to be promoted.

Fifita, with his contribution yesterday, should be in the NSW Cup team.

aids

Bench
Groat!!!!

Groat had the biggest head on a football player ever, Begovich has the smallest face.
what a combination.

coolumsharkie

Referee
There are two Fifita's you moron. The NSW cup side that Andrew is aligned with are playing today. Go back to your cave you simple minded nuffy.

Yes, I didn't know.. don't get to see too much NSW cup in Qld. Just saw the name Fifita on the score board as we played you guys last week.

And I suppose by the keyboard hero name calling your trying to look good infront of your peers after coming into our forum and completely embarrasing yourself.

Knob Jockey.

MacDougall

First Grade
Yes, I didn't know.. don't get to see too much NSW cup in Qld. Just saw the name Fifita on the score board as we played you guys last week.

And I suppose by the keyboard hero name calling your trying to look good infront of your peers after coming into our forum and completely embarrasing yourself.

Knob Jockey.

Haha get stuffed genius, I didn't embarrass myself any more than I was just lambasted for speaking logic.

leoc

Juniors
FMD, I see all these junior forwards names and how great they'll be. I recognise their talent but it shits me no end that you put a couple of seasons into players, like Fifita, before they fire and then the half wits entrusted to run the club let them go!! Then we start again and in two years we'll let BMM or Groat go because we need to get another marquee signing. I like Blair as a player but the turmoil it has caused mightn't be worth it. I'll stick to my guns and say that the only way this carnage would've made any sense is if we were trying to sign a gun half or fullback in Slaters league. I'm not sure if the future looks bright or extremely dull.......

Latest posts