What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to Sharks

TimmyB

Juniors
Yeah, you can't have a two way option. An option would be completely meaningless if it required the agreement to exercise by both parties - it'd be no different to agreeing to a 1 year contract. IE: A pointless term.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Dragons supporters are now in our predicament with Alex McKinnon off to the Knights and Jack Stockwell meeting Storm reps. I think Stockwell was at St Gregorys and played Aust Schoolboys with Groat?

It is obvious the salary cap needs to be reviewed to offer greater incentives for clubs who do produce junior talent to retain them ie salary cap dispensation of say 50% of a player's salary from the cap. Conversely, clubs who poach talent should pay a large transfer fee to the club losing the player which is included in the cap of the poaching club.

Tigerm

First Grade
Dragons supporters are now in our predicament with Alex McKinnon off to the Knights and Jack Stockwell meeting Storm reps. I think Stockwell was at St Gregorys and played Aust Schoolboys with Groat?

It is obvious the salary cap needs to be reviewed to offer greater incentives for clubs who do produce junior talent to retain them ie salary cap dispensation of say 50% of a player's salary from the cap. Conversely, clubs who poach talent should pay a large transfer fee to the club losing the player which is included in the cap of the poaching club.

Agree & similar should be done for the junior clubs who actually develop the "talent".

macnaz

Staff member
Im not sure if this deserves its own thread but in todays tele it is quoted as saying Benji fronted Sheens demanding answers as to why the club was releasing so many players.. if it was indeed just a simple salary cap thing you would expect the players already have some idea. The fact Benji knows as much about whats going on as we do has me puzzled.
What is the truth?

Last edited:

andrew9148

Juniors
Well Benji and Robbie could give up 100k each and we would have Fifita. I am not saying they should but its an option.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Im not sure if this deserves its own thread but in todays tele it is quoted as saying Benji fronted Sheens demanding answers as to why the club was releasing so many players.. if it was indeed just a simple salary cap thing you would expect the players already have some idea. The fact Benji knows as much about whats going on as we do has me puzzled.
What is the truth?
The truth isn't in the Tele, you can be sure of that. Paid liars.

Borat.

Juniors
Well Benji and Robbie could give up 100k each and we would have Fifita. I am not saying they should but its an option.

HAHAHA....

My mate complained bout the Fifita Gibbs trade on the WT official Forum, said he wasn't gunna renew his membership next year - Got a call McDonnell said Gibbs and Fifita Gone, Blair has signed.... Hino and Fults supposedly staying... And supposedly we are not going to sign any props just promote Groat and BMM

So we loose 3 props in Gibbs, payto and Fifita and sign zero props..... Can't believe that either the club is planning to play Blair front row 100% of the time or they have some other signings up their sleeve

andrew9148

Juniors
Are you for real Borat re McDonnell?

So next year is Heighington, Dwyer, Ellis, Blair, Farah, Galloway Res Fulton Woods BMM, Groat plus others.

DanOz

Juniors
HAHAHA....

My mate complained bout the Fifita Gibbs trade on the WT official Forum, said he wasn't gunna renew his membership next year - Got a call McDonnell said Gibbs and Fifita Gone, Blair has signed.... Hino and Fults supposedly staying... And supposedly we are not going to sign any props just promote Groat and BMM

So we loose 3 props in Gibbs, payto and Fifita and sign zero props..... Can't believe that either the club is planning to play Blair front row 100% of the time or they have some other signings up their sleeve

I hope that Hino stays, can't believe we are keeping Fulton. What about the positions we need to fill like fullback???

Borat.

Juniors
Mate swears its true - Told me a few days ago he had written in, now he got a call

He asked about who the club was signing and McDonnell said we wont see much coming in - App the Fullback spot will be contested by Brown, Mullaney and Moltz...

But we gotta have someone else coming in surely Payto, Wade, Gibbs Fifi out and 500k in..... Plus cap rises 100K next year

DanOz

Juniors
Mate swears its true - Told me a few days ago he had written in, now he got a call

He asked about who the club was signing and McDonnell said we wont see much coming in - App the Fullback spot will be contested by Brown, Mullaney and Moltz...

But we gotta have someone else coming in surely Payto, Wade, Gibbs Fifi out and 500k in..... Plus cap rises 100K next year

As long as we keep Hino. I am guessing we had players with back ended contracts eating our cap?

As far as the call goes, I got 2 emails from Steve Noyce back in the day after I sent the club a scathing blast when Terry Lamb was raping our club playing Kafusi on one wing and giggling about Hoppa anal probing the opposition during video sessions. I believe your mate would be telling the truth.

andrew9148

Juniors
I agree I believe it. Its a strange thing to make up. Pleased Brown might be sticking around. Surely they could give him a good deal after Lote and Utai piss off.

R2Coupe

Juniors
HAHAHA....

Blair and Payten are a direct swap. Groat for Fifita and BMM from the bench. We have Begovich and Mosese F from U20s and young Francis Fifita from Keebra who is a real talent. The future looks good to me.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
HAHAHA....

Why the hell would WT re-sign Fulton at this stage of events? his contract is up at end of year and testing the open market he has got nowhere. Surely that is an indication he is not the player he once was.

Vicious

Bench
Are you for real Borat re McDonnell?

So next year is Heighington, Dwyer, Ellis, Blair, Farah, Galloway Res Fulton Woods BMM, Groat plus others.

Good pack in theory, but I`ve been watching Adam Blair closely this season and his hit ups have been as soft as tissue paper. I have seen him hit the ball up with plenty of venom in the past, but now looks like he`d rather be a ball player and get tackled as little as possible rather than roll his sleeves up and run the ball hard.
I just hope we don`t get the same as what he`s producing so far this season otherwise he`ll be more of a hindrance than a help to us.

andrew9148

Juniors
Good pack in theory, but I`ve been watching Adam Blair closely this season and his hit ups have been as soft as tissue paper. I have seen him hit the ball up with plenty of venom in the past, but now looks like he`d rather be a ball player and get tackled as little as possible rather than roll his sleeves up and run the ball hard.
I just hope we don`t get the same as what he`s producing so far this season otherwise he`ll be more of a hindrance than a help to us.

re Front Row, I remember when Ellis extended his deal, he said something about how he might end up in the front row.

Latest posts