What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to Sharks

Bench
Why the hell would WT re-sign Fulton at this stage of events? his contract is up at end of year and testing the open market he has got nowhere. Surely that is an indication he is not the player he once was.
Fulton is not off contract this year,he is signed until 2013 I think.

cb4

First Grade
Gibbs and Fafita signed with us last week.
The only reason we haven't released it is your club asked us not to.
Im picking it will get released during the Origin period so it gets little to no media hype.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
As long as we keep Hino. I am guessing we had players with back ended contracts eating our cap?
Rumours rife tonight that he is asking for a contract release to move to the Dragons for next year .. as we are losing a shitload of players and now have some cap space.

Doubtful IMO because even with Boyd, Green, Bosden and whoever else out the door from our Top 25, I can't see us having enough money to cover Heighington's probable wage demands .. unless he is happy to play for approx $200k.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Rumours rife tonight that he is asking for a contract release to move to the Dragons for next year .. as we are losing a shitload of players and now have some cap space.

Doubtful IMO because even with Boyd, Green, Bosden and whoever else out the door from our Top 25, I can't see us having enough money to cover Heighington's probable wage demands .. unless he is happy to play for approx $200k.

Let him go. Whole hearted player and above average standard. Time to clean this place out. Gibbs, Fifita, Heigno, McKinnon, Payton, Fulton, Ryan, Daniella, Lui/Moltzen. This joint has gone stale. Start the clean out with Sheens or the whole thing is pointless and we will be in a 'building phase'...

Mattc

Juniors
Just a question to Tigers fans. Serious question, not trolling
Where is your Salary cap going.
Last year, apparently, you were overspent.
The Tigers are questioning the rules, but it doesn't change
how much was actually spent.
Then next year, you really seem to be shedding a heap of players. I don't get it.
Is Benji on a million???

N.C.

Juniors
Then next year, you really seem to be shedding a heap of players. I don't get it.
Is Benji on a million???
I have no idea - can only speculate based on what I've read in the papers, and what I know about how the cap works.

I'm pretty sure Benji is on closer to $500k, expect Robbie would be on something fairly similar (although it wouldn't surprise me if he was on a fair bit less...) We've just upgraded Lawrence to a pretty hefty contract, and Lote came in with a fair price tag too. Last time he negotiated, Heighington was courted by Bennett - who wouldn't have thrown a lot of $ at him but it would at least have made us think twice about what we were prepared to spend on him. Then there's Ellis, who recently extended his deal (no idea what he'd be on but I imagine it aint peanuts). Galloway and Gibbs also had their deals etended recently.

Then we've got a couple of rookie forwards in Fifita and Dwyer, who would be on the minimum. A couple of others in Lui, Ryan, McKinnon and Ayshford would also be commanding failry modest salaries, by comparison.

Tigerm

First Grade
I have no idea - can only speculate based on what I've read in the papers, and what I know about how the cap works.

I'm pretty sure Benji is on closer to $500k, expect Robbie would be on something fairly similar (although it wouldn't surprise me if he was on a fair bit less...) We've just upgraded Lawrence to a pretty hefty contract, and Lote came in with a fair price tag too. Last time he negotiated, Heighington was courted by Bennett - who wouldn't have thrown a lot of $ at him but it would at least have made us think twice about what we were prepared to spend on him. Then there's Ellis, who recently extended his deal (no idea what he'd be on but I imagine it aint peanuts). Galloway and Gibbs also had their deals etended recently.

Then we've got a couple of rookie forwards in Fifita and Dwyer, who would be on the minimum. A couple of others in Lui, Ryan, McKinnon and Ayshford would also be commanding failry modest salaries, by comparison.
Just wish whoever approves the dollars were accountable for there decisions?

innsaneink

Referee
Is Benji on a million???

None of us get it....but Humpty apparently is GOD

Over the cap last year, over the cap this year, recruit only Matt Utai on mim deal and the squads ripped apart...

Palms

Juniors
Fact - Fifita requested to be released so that he could take the $$$ thrown at him by the sharks and the Tigers could not match nor get in the way of this offer. Is it a case of the Tigers doing Fifita wrong or Fifita doing the Tigers wrong. Sheep will always be sheep and follow the crowd and the opinion of the crowds, quite humerous to read the opinions on the forum sometimes of you sheep lol grow some balls, use your intellect and form your own f*$king opinions people!

Palms

Juniors
None of us get it....but Humpty apparently is GOD

Over the cap last year, over the cap this year, recruit only Matt Utai on mim deal and the squads ripped apart...

Lets not get dramatic here Ink, RIPPED apart???..lets look at it a bit closer:

Payten - chronic injuries and forced into retirement as a result. Hasn't seen any game time this year and is chewing up the salary cap sitting on the sidelines. Indefinite return

McKinnon - chronic hamstring injuries have forced him to pull out from games at the 11th hr on numerous occasions this year and he isn't getting any younger. Risk vs reward for 2012? I'd say with another year of wear and tear under his belt more likely risk then reward.

Fifita - Had his 2nd year extension activated, but the Wests Tigers kindly let him persue a much bigger contract at the Sharks by his request, in which the Tigers could not get in the way off such was the money being thrown at him.

Gibbs - Probably the only real casualty of us signing Blair. New Zealand Vice Captain who can play Prop, Second Row and Lock at a high level. Sure we lost a great clubman but sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

So that is 3/4 forced dismissals....Sheens and "Humpty" tearing our team apart?? can you people be anymore dramatic ffs??

Look at this situation from the outside in and don't listen to people with shotgun opinions who have bigger agendas on their plates

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
Fact - Fifita requested to be released so that he could take the $$$ thrown at him by the sharks and the Tigers could not match nor get in the way of this offer. Is it a case of the Tigers doing Fifita wrong or Fifita doing the Tigers wrong. Sheep will always be sheep and follow the crowd and the opinion of the crowds, quite humerous to read the opinions on the forum sometimes of you sheep lol grow some balls, use your intellect and form your own f*$king opinions people!
We had him
We wanted him
We let someone else com in and take him....cause we cant count

R2Coupe

Juniors
Different situation now. There are strong junior development programmes in place. Why put at risk our next generation.

Chris Lawrence's new contract is similar with Fifita's if you want to put it into perspective. No brainer about who is worth more.

bluey

Bench
I have a hang over does that mean we can have Lawrence to, Gee thanks guys.
Seriously good luck for the rest of the year and make sure you guys beat the Queens bad,i know it wont make up for last year but it may make bennett squirm

Last edited:

Vicious

Bench
How long is Nathan Gardner siged for? With allthe money the Sharks are throwing about, I wouldn`t imagine it would leave a great deal left to upgrade Gardner to what he`s worth. Geez he`d go well as the number one for the Wests Tigers!

R2Coupe

Juniors
I remember when following the GF win, the club signed up a host of young players on quite healthy contracts. I won't mention names but how many actually have gone on to big things? There were many complaints from supporters. Has the club learnt it lesson? Seems like it has done so.

Latest posts