What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to Sharks

Fordy20

Juniors
I keep thinking Blair must be bringing something special and I reckon it has something to do with Benji's mindset.

andrew9148

Juniors
I know Gibbs and Fifita go well but if you think of next years pack with Blair, Farah, Ellis, Dwyer and Galloway plus others its looking pretty good. I dont mind a shake up t obe honest. I hope Miller kills it tomorrow night. They can then punt Lui

Bench
I know Gibbs and Fifita go well but if you think of next years pack with Blair, Farah, Ellis, Dwyer and Galloway plus others its looking pretty good. I dont mind a shake up t obe honest. I hope Miller kills it tomorrow night. They can then punt Lui
Me too,Miller is the real deal,he could be our 7 for a decade if everything goes right,look at Manly,promoted 2 rookie 7's in 2 years,and both starred.

macnaz

Staff member
Fafita has the potential to play for Australia...

How could you get rid of him, especially after he had already agreed to terms for next year, which I am assuming were not 300K.

BUMP !!!!!!!!!!
This thread is worth a re read .
I rated Fifita before he even played NRL and he is living up to all my expectations.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And he'd be worth 300k a season when you compare him to the value we're getting from Blair.

gronkathon

First Grade
Has only really pulled his finger out this year, BMM has not come along like we had all hoped which makes Andrew somewhat more of a loss. Will give Ben the same time Fifita has had though before judging

BuffaloRules

Coach
I recall this thread, particularly the over hyping of Blair that a few posters may now regret.

Like I said at the time, $350k now looks like chicken feed- look what Parramatta are offering the likes of Tolman.

Couldn't we do with Fafita now.

macnaz

Staff member
Last week he played 54 minutes. 49 tackles 11 hit ups and a try. He may have shown some lazy tendencies with us but i always believed it was all about how he was managed. From memory he was man of the match for us against the knights and released the next week. Massive lose for us.

macnaz

Staff member
I recall this thread, particularly the over hyping of Blair that a few posters may now regret.

Like I said at the time, $350k now looks like chicken feed- look what Parramatta are offering the likes of Tolman.

Couldn't we do with Fafita now.

So true. I was almost going to bump this thread with one of those Blair quotes lol. Instead to protect the guilty i used your positive one.

magpie4ever

First Grade
So true. I was almost going to bump this thread with one of those Blair quotes lol. Instead to protect the guilty i used your positive one.

Bryce Gibbs is a massive loss always - especially sealing up the ruck defence - dont know why these two blokes were let go - someone was blind to what they contributed to the team.

macnaz

Staff member
Bryce Gibbs is a massive loss always - especially sealing up the ruck defence - dont know why these two blokes were let go - someone was blind to what they contributed to the team.

Add Heighno as well in my book. I thought his recent running style was directed by Sheens. He seems to be always be 2nd to Gallen for metres gained now at the sharks even after coming on the bench. He was always in a position to offload as well but there was never anyone there, like a fullback for example. Plus he workrate is massive.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sharks are using him more as a front rower too these days.

He still has that tendacy to run at markers, but it is starting to get coached out of him, slowly.

gronkathon

First Grade

Didn't Gibbs come out in RLW and admit his departure was because of something he did? I remember reading it somewhere

Special K

Coach
It's in RLW this week.

"'I got in trouble the week before and they sort of said, "if you don't leave, and do something again were just going to sack you.' They put me in a corner."

Was something to do with him, beau and Fulton having a drink while injured. Check out RLW it's a good read on Gibbs.

aqua_duck

Coach
To be fair there were quite a few fans who were skeptical about Blair, only Hybrid tiger was calling Blair a superstar

innsaneink

Referee
It's in RLW this week.

"'I got in trouble the week before and they sort of said, "if you don't leave, and do something again were just going to sack you.' They put me in a corner."

Was something to do with him, beau and Fulton having a drink while injured. Check out RLW it's a good read on Gibbs.
Sounds like it couldve been swept under the carpet....Payten peeing on the war memorial was big news yet they make him coach of the 20's....mentoring kids

We cant afford to jump on a moral soapbox...especially when we are inconsistent when we do it

We're a business....footy comes second

Bench
Didn't Gibbs come out in RLW and admit his departure was because of something he did? I remember reading it somewhere
Yes he did,he didn't get shoved out to let Blair in as the masses would love to beleive,read the RLW interview with Gibbsy,he loves the club and Sheens,big loss though.

Bench
It's in RLW this week.

He never said they put me in a corner,he said I had depression and got into trouble,they put me on notice that I would be sacked next time,so he took the Sharks offer for job security reasons.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Keep in mind that Gibbs had signed a 3 year deal.

Seems like someone ( possibly in the coaching ranks) had a change of heart and heavied him out.