What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to the dragons?

Sharks “marketing”. Hahahahaha that’s a good one!
These clowns have “marketing” in their title but other than making a few videos and Facebook posts they do F.A.
Marketing is a function of sales in every other organisation in the world except Cronulla Sharks FC.
Have they sold one extra ticket in their entire tenure? One extra membership? One piece of merch?
Haha, good to see you, Franky!!

Marchad

Juniors
Sharks “marketing”. Hahahahaha that’s a good one!
These clowns have “marketing” in their title but other than making a few videos and Facebook posts they do F.A.
Marketing is a function of sales in every other organisation in the world except Cronulla Sharks FC.
Have they sold one extra ticket in their entire tenure? One extra membership? One piece of merch?
Has any club improved there ticket sales and memberships over the last couple of years? Probably Parramatta but they have a nice swanky brand new stadium.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Has any club improved there ticket sales and memberships over the last couple of years? Probably Parramatta but they have a nice swanky brand new stadium.
Pretty hard to increase ticket sales and memberships when we’re playing away from our spiritual home at an absolute shit hole. Last I heard the jersey is fully sponsored to the tune of 8 million (over the next 2 years)....would have had nothing to do with marketing I guess?

Last edited:
Pretty hard to increase ticket sales and memberships when we’re playing away from our spiritual home at an absolute shit hole. Last I heard the jersey is fully sponsored to the tune of 8 million (over the next 2 years)....would have had nothing to do with marketing I guess?

All Dino and the board.

This is nothing personal 2012 but here
we friggin go. This is the problem with the internet of things and the myth of everyone’s opinion being equal.
Someone comes in with intimate knowledge of a subject (I know how the Sharks organisation works, I’ve got friends in there and was working with the media team for years) and someone with no knowledge, some second hand info and an opinion formed on that info comes in and challenges you.
So now I have to explain myself.

The way the company is structured is that there is a commercial team which is charged with selling sponsorship and corporate boxes . There is a membership team responsible for selling memberships and as the season progresses match tickets. There is also a media team responsible for dealing with the media whos selling function is to protect the brand. There is a marketing team theoretically charged with assisting all of the above by instigating a multi level marketing mix but they consider themselves part of the media team and are pretty much focused 95% on digital and mucking around with Twitter and the gram.
It isn’t helped that the pay is extremely low so the candidates get drained of their enthusiasm pretty quick.
Yes there are mitigating factors like playing at Kogarah but good marketers use this challenge to create some cool stuff.

They have a decent marketing budget: where’s the innovation? Other than a few radio ads it gets funnelled almost wholesale into mostly ineffective digital campaigns.

I could go on for days about this as marketing is my professional passion but let me tell you the marketing team are doing a poor job.

I’ll be having lunch with the head of marketing for Harvey Normal globally today- he lives local- I’ll report back what his thoughts are.

anyway/ everyone seems to have missed my comment on Fifita.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Ok Frank.... I’ll bite. Once again nothing personal but you only ever seem to white ant the club. Last time you were here you poured a bucket of shit on the forum and the punters using it. You’ve made claims of big cover ups and f**k ups by the board and mismanagement of the development proceeds. Gobby mentioned that you had packed up your Sharks gear and posted photos on social media basically cutting your ties with the club. Why all the dramatics? Either you’re a supporter of the club or you’re not.

Ok Frank.... I’ll bite. Once again nothing personal but you only ever seem to white ant the club. Last time you were here you poured a bucket of shit on the forum and the punters using it. You’ve made claims of big cover ups and f**k ups by the board and mismanagement of the development proceeds. Gobby mentioned that you had packed up your Sharks gear and posted photos on social media basically cutting your ties with the club. Why all the dramatics? Either you’re a supporter of the club or you’re not.

You want me to leave legend?
My pleasure.

Eion

First Grade
Haha good to have you back Newman!

Entertaining stuff. We just need carch, blacktip and, yes, dare I say it redback. The more the merrier!