What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to the ????

Aragorn

First Grade
Yes, sign Tedesco. He is a starting NRL fullback in a full strength Tigers side. Nothing like that is available from Manly so don't waste the time looking at their players, just sign Tedesco. It's Tedesco! It's a name! Surely the dogs will be tempted? Sign him now, Des.

what was that? Tesco? shop at Tesco? where everyone gets a bargin?

th

Tommax25

Bench
This is good because it lowers the market value for props again from the stupid money the Dogs were paying

What were they thinking to begin with?

This. Not that he's a bad player but there were so many factors that had my shaking my head in confusion. Need a fullback? Sign a prop. Have the majority of your cap tied up in big name forwards? Sign another forward. Have money to spend and the knowledge that investing big money in props is not ideal (compared to investing in halves/hookers/fullback+master coach Bennetts strat)? Sign a prop on the biggest deal ever for the position.

Just strange.

Tommax25

Bench
If any club could use a prop its Manly. I would still take him but not on 850k, closer to 500k, with 600k the absolute MAX. I feel he will go to Union though, probably overseas.

Aragorn

First Grade
If any club could use a prop its Manly. I would still take him but not on 850k, closer to 500k, with 600k the absolute MAX. I feel he will go to Union though, probably overseas.

can I ask how you came up with 500K and 600K as the absolute MAX? some sort of discounted cash flow formula model or is this your monopoly money?

th

Let him waste his career in union on a "global stage" playing against pseudo-athletes in a pre-historic code. Sure playing against gangly middle class freaks and farmers who can't pass a ball will be a real test of his mettle.

London Broncos will make him an offer he can't refuse. He will be in good company over there with Tim Grant of Penrith, Blake Ferguson and Benji Marshall.

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Do you know what's a bargain? Tedesco. Dogs should sign him asap. A. S. A. P.

http://tu.tv/videos/a-s-a-p-utada-hikaru

After the glimpses he's shown, his asking price would've sky-rocketed. I think the Bulldogs are more keen on signing Josh Hoffman from the Broncos. An established fullback who's not only shown potential, but also lived up to it.

We need a fullback and I think he's the man to play there. Considering Karmichael might be back at Brisbane next year and slot into five-eighth, we'll need a fullback, and Perrett and Inu, as good as they may be, are not ideally fullbacks!

London Broncos will make him an offer he can't refuse. He will be in good company over there with Tim Grant of Penrith, Blake Ferguson and Benji Marshall.

Andrew's parents --- Peter and Rita Fifita --- are looking forward to visiting London, especially Buckingham Palace.

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
Well done doggies. Proud of a club that did not forget the pain of the last code hopper did to that club.

Doggies i salute you.

oikee

Juniors
I bet this came from Raelene.
It would not be Dessie's doing.
Dessie gets em into a mess, Raelene gets em out.
Yin and yang.

Here is the conversation,
Dessie,
"hey Raelene, i just signed Feefeetah on a 4 year deal worth 850 a year, not even he can reject that, we got em".

Raelene,
"WTF, are you dumb as doggie shite Dess, he is a codehopper you know, just like the last one we had at the club, old dogs wounds heal slowly you sea eagle merkin".

Dessie,
"oh shite no, what have i done, what have i done, no more banging doors for me, i be banging rocks on the scrap-heap"

Raelene,
"get a haircut Dessie, leave it to me, i have ways and means of making these things go away, now pull ya head in and coach, dont come back from Perth unless you beat the storm".

Raelene,
"you want a job done, ya do it yourself, all in a days work but it's been a dog day afternoon".

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
I bet this came from Raelene.
It would not be Dessie's doing.
Dessie gets em into a mess, Raelene gets em out.
Yin and yang.
It's hard to say really. Some people think the 3rd party sponsors were not going to have a bar of it, and others are saying the Bulldogs made the call that he will not be in our ranks next year.

The Pip

Juniors
People who think Bulldogs did this on moral grounds are extremely naive.

This is spot on - well said. The dirty dogs always play by their own rules, they show scant regard to common decency. I mean, they sent Graham out to play on rubber legs for god's sake. Hasler would have sent him out decapitated.

oikee

Juniors
It's hard to say really. Some people think the 3rd party sponsors were not going to have a bar of it, and others are saying the Bulldogs made the call that he will not be in our ranks next year.

I dont care who made what call but to be honest, this really made my day.
Great outcome after what Fifita has said.
There are many more who are making union noises, show them the door, not the money.
Then shut the door.

Bulldog Force

Referee
This is spot on - well said. The dirty dogs always play by their own rules, they show scant regard to common decency. I mean, they sent Graham out to play on rubber legs for god's sake. Hasler would have sent him out decapitated.

Do you honestly hate the Bulldogs so much that you'll do anything to make them sound like the bad guys in this situation? Fifita dissed the club and the code. Everyone has been happy with the way the Bulldogs handled this situation except for you. Nothing the Bulldogs do or don't do will please you Gonzo/FAt Krion/Pip! Nothing. But then again... who cares, the Bulldogs aren't meant to!