What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

aussie7798

First Grade
Umm
The facts are in question .

One side said he threatened to physically hurt the bloke

The other side said he threatened to smash a phone because the ref was filming him.
For no reason either mind you.

A Fifita hadn't done a thing wrong
He may have walked over to see what was going on ... Is that a crime?

learn to read im allowing just for the tamest version of events and that is the one provided by Andrew in which Im fairly certain he said he threatened the phone not the man and if that the case then he should cop a fine and get 6-10 weeks

if they believe the worst version of events where he actually threatened the ref and had to be restrained then you are starting to look at around the season mark

Griffoshark66

First Grade
learn to read im allowing just for the tamest version of events and that is the one provided by Andrew in which Im fairly certain he said he threatened the phone not the man and if that the case then he should cop a fine and get 6-10 weeks

if they believe the worst version of events where he actually threatened the ref and had to be restrained then you are starting to look at around the season mark

Learn to read?? Perhaps learn to use punctuation before you start swinging your c**k around.

SharkShocked

Bench
Some people think that the use of offensive language is a big deal. And whilst i don't condone abusing people i will say this.

Dead f**king set. This referee would more than likely have copped this sort of abuse from a myriad of players, fans, parents and club officials on his path to refereeing A grade games.

Ask any of the current NRL officials what their time was like coming through the ranks, there's a reason they get to the top, because they have a thick skin. It's a bloody requisite of the job.

I work with a former NRL touch judge and his insight on the matter is quite interesting to say the least. Much more balanced than the media reports after being privy to some of the facts and reasons it got out of hand.

I don't personally believe that either of the Fifita brothers would have laid a hand on him, whilst you may say they are hot heads, I don't personally believe that at a local sporting ground they would let that occur. Verbal abuse and physical violence are not always linked.

Having a verbal disagreement with someone isn't the biggest drama in the world in my eyes, happens everywhere.

Referees are a protected species at local sporting grounds and with good reason, but it doesn't remove them from being at partial fault in the instigation or escalation of an incident.

I've umpired cricket for many years, made mistakes and on one particular occasion made a rather large error in relation to the understanding of a rule in a under 16 boys game that could have cost a team a shot at the finals.

After leaving the field and copping ridiculous amount of verbal sprays by nearly every parent on the sideline do you know what my approach was when questioned?

I was apologetic and sincere for my mistake... What happened? Situation was calmed down. Fortunately for me as it panned out the team made the semis and won the comp anyway.

There are clearly two sides to the story and the fault is most certainly shared as to how the incident has been instigated and then escalated.

In terms of the punishment, i honestly don't know what the NRL/Integrity unit think will be appropriate, i certainly don't believe this incident is any more serious than the manner in which the bulldogs pair conducted themselves live on TV in one of the seasons biggest games with a wide reaching audience. As this sort of very publicly viewed event will have more of an effect on the kids and bogan parents than hearing about 2 hot heads at a local ground will.

The biggest issue the NRL faces is the message that the mainstream media portray and the image damage they sustain because of it.

I just hope that the Sharks ensure that the punishment they are served fits.

Last edited:
The more i read this more inconsistency is with statement.

I have refereed hundreds of touch football games, and actually sent off a current well known NRL player a decade ago, he was walked and that was that.

The stories re Fifita and the referee, i dont hear about where the touch judges were on this, as they should have been along the ref in question as you are part of the third team.

Was the venue manager there ??

Junior football i am guessing if Fifita was going on like nut case even as a fan, the ref who is a police officer, should have stopped the game spoke to captain & coach of the team Fifita was supporting and asked for him to be removed, there are roles for these junior games which you use to difuse the situation, the venue manager also is another option.

Gus goes on about Panthers having security guards at games, where were they if this incident was so bad.

There seems to be many inconsistencies in the story being put forward by the referee, who might i add must have submitted a report about exactly what happened at the game

carcharias

Immortal

Huh
By that do you mean...
Learn to read things that have no punctuation what so ever?

SharkShocked

Bench
Yes, as a spectator, he had no right to enter the field.

Wasn't it reported by Wiedler that he was the assistant coach or something? I'm sure in weidlers segment he had some 'assistant' role. Will have to pull up the news video again if i can find it.

SharkShocked

Bench
The more i read this more inconsistency is with statement.

I have refereed hundreds of touch football games, and actually sent off a current well known NRL player a decade ago, he was walked and that was that.

The stories re Fifita and the referee, i dont hear about where the touch judges were on this, as they should have been along the ref in question as you are part of the third team.

Was the venue manager there ??

Junior football i am guessing if Fifita was going on like nut case even as a fan, the ref who is a police officer, should have stopped the game spoke to captain & coach of the team Fifita was supporting and asked for him to be removed, there are roles for these junior games which you use to difuse the situation, the venue manager also is another option.

Gus goes on about Panthers having security guards at games, where were they if this incident was so bad.

There seems to be many inconsistencies in the story being put forward by the referee, who might i add must have submitted a report about exactly what happened at the game

Which is why this bloke will either as a 24 year old ref, learn from the mistakes and know how to manage a difficult situation better in the future or simply put he's not upto it and his aspirations to make it to the NRL are misguided.

Which is why we don't see 24 year old refs running around in the NRL. Need time to develop the skills to manage people + difficult situations whilst maintaining your cool and focus.

Wow, you've seen the statements. Come on let us all in. What did they say?

You have no idea sunshine.

SharkShocked

Bench
Nine News Sydney ‏@9NewsSyd 51m51 minutes ago
#BREAKING Fifita's lawyers have requested that the referee's phone be made available to the NRL @Danny_Weidler #9News

Hahahhaha. Had a feeling this might happen. Will pressure the fk out of this bloke to see if he is telling porkies.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
#BREAKING Fifita's lawyers have requested that the referee's phone be made available to the NRL @Danny_Weidler #9News

Hahahhaha. Had a feeling this might happen. Will pressure the fk out of this bloke to see if he is telling porkies.

Lol

Card Shark

Immortal
On his way to the NRL today

That's good!

Wasn't it reported by Wiedler that he was the assistant coach or something? I'm sure in weidlers segment he had some 'assistant' role. Will have to pull up the news video again if i can find it.

The lady official that rang Talkin Sport on Tuesday arvo as a witness said he was there as an assistant coach to the previous game, so he does have some official capacity to fulfil but necessarily in that game.

Card Shark

Immortal

On an IPhone, if he's deleted it, it goes to the Recentky Deleted folder. If he's deleted it from there, is it actually gone for good or is there a way of retrieving old info with the right knowhow?

jc155776

Coach

Hahaha the Lawyer is talking out of his arse though. There would be ZERO power for that phone to be produced.

They are simply trying to show that if the phone recording doesn't exist or isn't provided then the referees version is not credible and must be dismissed.

I am still saying 2 game ban and do a refs course and ref some local junior games in the shire.

SharkShocked

Bench
There's quite a lot you can do with recovery software if you really want.

But this bloke won't hand over his phone - he's a cop, surely he isn't that stupid.

SharkShocked

Bench
Hahaha the Lawyer is talking out of his arse though. There would be ZERO power for that phone to be produced.

They are simply trying to show that if the phone recording doesn't exist or isn't provided then the referees version is not credible and must be dismissed.

I am still saying 2 game ban and do a refs course and ref some local junior games in the shire.

Of course, hence why i said pressure - it's merely a typical lawyers attempt to discredit the individual making claims against you.

cb4

First Grade

I love you passion, but there is no way in hell these guys should or will cop more of a punishment than Klemmer and Graham.
Klemmer and Graham had a 15 minute section on ESPN Sports Center.
At the moment, we can't even get damning footage against our boys.

cb4

First Grade

Andrew was a spectator, David is/was a trainer.

Latest posts