What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

For my 2 cents of nonsense -I think if Fifita was totally out of control someone would have been hurt ,and as the saying goes "its all good fun till someone gets hurt".

However in defence of referees ,I recall my attempt at reffing a city comp women's basket ball match when I was 17. Ref hadn't turned up so Players and coach of one side begged me to do it so game wouldn't be called off. They were a high school side with some talent ,teamwork and idea of the rules . the opposition must have been told by their parole officers to join a team sport to help with their anger management .

I was actually pleased when I managed to keep the game going With the best side winning,by only calling the deliberate rough stuff and letting a few clumsy ,ignorance of rules fouls go. (a lot probably)
Anyway after the game I had two captains ,Coaches, Parents ,husbands , boyfriends , big brothers , pet dogs etc screaming at me . Never reffed again. Don't know why anyone would , but there wouldn't be a game without them . So leave the refs alone take complaints up later with their bosses . Give the fifitas big enough penalty to reflect that ,not big enough to make everyone else associated with them suffer.

Last edited:

Marchad

Juniors
The only people who should be banned are the journalist and commentators who sensationalised this non existent news event.

Eion

First Grade
Had to umpire our cricket match, when the umps didn't turn out once.

Our opening bat got the biggest outside edge you will see and the keeper caught it in front of 1st slip.

I wasn't trying to cheat, but immediately shook my head 'not out', like a reflex. Then had to stand there and pretend I agreed with my own shithouse / biased decision to the angry masses....

cb4

First Grade
The NRL can't make a decision until David fronts up.
I am not sure how accurate that fairfax media report is, but I do know Andrew took with him a lot of statements from both sides in his favour.

Card Shark

Immortal
The only people who should be banned are the journalist and commentators who sensationalised this non existent news event.

Not sure how you can think it is "non-existent", do you want the game to no longer exist because of nobody to officiate it.

Understand where you are coming from though, we haven't seen any media organisations write on the front page an apology / correction that Fifita didn't threaten to smash a ref, just his phone. That is a massive difference imo.

Card Shark

Immortal
I am not sure how accurate that fairfax media report is, but I do know Andrew took with him a lot of statements from both sides in his favour.

Well where is he??

Eion

First Grade

Shouldn't we be making the decision, and then advising the nrl?

carcharias

Immortal
don't be stupid idiot

That doesn't even make sense.

Seriously, people who call other people idiots on these forums really need to brush up on their writing skills.

Now...
If you really think either of them would have physically attacked the ref then you are the idiot.
People " restraining" him could mean people just stood in front him to convince him to walk away.
I have not heard once single story of him trying to get at the ref.

Ludicrous .

Yeah they f**ked up ... It would be nice to hear the actual facts though and not some pumped up refs version.

Wonder what happened to his video?

Probably deleted it because it proves Fifita didn't threaten to " smash him" after all .

aussie7798

First Grade
That doesn't even make sense.

Seriously, people who call other people idiots on these forums really need to brush up on their writing skills.

Now...
If you really think either of them would have physically attacked the ref then you are the idiot.
People " restraining" him could mean people just stood in front him to convince him to walk away.
I have not heard once single story of him trying to get at the ref.

Ludicrous .

Yeah they f**ked up ... It would be nice to hear the actual facts though and not some pumped up refs version.

Wonder what happened to his video?

Probably deleted it because it proves Fifita didn't threaten to " smash him" after all .

even if you believe Andrews account of events he threatened to remove the refs property from him and destroy it

YOU DONT THREATEN THE OFFICIALS.

and how exactly was Andrew going to take the phone from the ref without getting physical with him

none of these facts seem to be in question as they are Andrews version of events

Eion

First Grade
even if you believe Andrews account of events he threatened to remove the refs property from him and destroy it

and how exactly was Andrew going to take the phone from the ref without getting physical with him

none of these facts seem to be in question as they are Andrews version of events

No one is disputing a fine, and a week or 2 on the sidelines, which is a pretty serious penalty.

What most on here are on about are the 12 month to life bans being called by some given the blatant inconsistency and double standards in the NRL.

Consider what graham and klemmer got. Consider the domestic violence penalties, consider the Jennings 1 week ban, etcetc.

carcharias

Immortal

Umm
The facts are in question .

One side said he threatened to physically hurt the bloke

The other side said he threatened to smash a phone because the ref was filming him.
For no reason either mind you.

A Fifita hadn't done a thing wrong
He may have walked over to see what was going on ... Is that a crime?

cb4

First Grade
Umm
The facts are in question .

One side said he threatened to physically hurt the bloke

The other side said he threatened to smash a phone because the ref was filming him.
For no reason either mind you.

A Fifita hadn't done a thing wrong
He may have walked over to see what was going on ... Is that a crime?

Yes, as a spectator, he had no right to enter the field.

Latest posts