What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filiga to the rescue.

PJ

First Grade
Filigas progress is a good news story.

True Dave, but we had a nearly identical good news story on Filiga last year.

As Sharks 8601 he should have been able to shine in those teams, Bosden, Ferguson and Orcher managed to.

Ausguy

Coach
well all that aside... its a pretty simple equation, he has this year to show improvment or he will be just another run of the mill player... no pressure, he does what he does.

cb4

First Grade
baz will make the kid look awesome lol
just jokin

heres hopin karl pulls his finger out

Dave Q

Coach
Karlos is very appreciative of the support that he gets, it really lifts him.

He copped a rude and unfair hiding in the press.

If anyone has the time, I know he would be pleased to recieve a kind letter wishing him well for next season. Even a Christmas card.

Last edited:

samshark

Juniors
I think you are forgetting a couple of things Dave.
Half of Filliga's problem last year was his attitude.
- Was apparantly always the last to arrive for training
- didnt put in and train hard enough
- took short cuts in his preparation
- then didnt perform on the field

He has hardly been hard done by.

Dave Q

Coach
I think you are forgetting a couple of things Dave.
Half of Filliga's problem last year was his attitude.
- Was apparantly always the last to arrive for training
- didnt put in and train hard enough
- took short cuts in his preparation
- then didnt perform on the field

He has hardly been hard done by.

Thats all bullsh*t samshark.

He was late once.

Dave Q

Coach
well all that aside... its a pretty simple equation, he has this year to show improvment or he will be just another run of the mill player... no pressure, he does what he does.

Good philosophy.

If the sharks sack him I would expect that he will find another club in a few seconds flat.

Of course he wants to stay and do well at the sharks. That much is settled.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I reckon he is the goods.
I also reckon this is a make or break season for him, if as you say he is training the house down and can stay injury free we might see a fair bit of him in 1st grade this year.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
His attitude on the field couldn't of been any worse than that imposter that has over 100 first grade games in the centers.

I reckon its about bloody time we threw some of these so called young guns into battle and early.

Karlos for Paris for starters. At least if he goes sh!thouse he has a benchmark for sh!thouse ........ eh Paris.

I dream that the young McGrady blossoms and becomes our next young superstar sensation. Just like his rellies did at the Dogs.

Its about time we had another turn at discovering a gun.

But at this point of time I have set my 09 goal for the usual. We must finish higher up the ladder then the dirty rotten stinkin' stains.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Not this time Quigsy. Not this time.

cb4

First Grade
I reckon he is the goods.
I also reckon this is a make or break season for him, if as you say he is training the house down and can stay injury free we might see a fair bit of him in 1st grade this year.

heres hoping

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Karlos is very appreciative of the support that he gets, it really lifts him.

He copped a rude and unfair hiding in the press.

If anyone has the time, I know he would be pleased to recieve a kind letter wishing him well for next season. Even a Christmas card.

Dead set Dave. You are the strangest man on the planet. Kid gets signed for 200k & plays like a busted & you blame the press fro having a crack?

Just because you know this guy or someone who knows him or whatever, the most important thing is to make him feel good about himself? RL players are expected to play busted you dunce - they all do it. Not too many of them blame it for poor form though.

f**k me dude. He's a lazy giant & those lazy giant leoprds don't change their spots.

IF and its a big one, he can change that (that being his attitude), then he might play some FG. Not too many people can change that though.

Quigs

Immortal
Wonnie, Wonnie.........

you should be used to it by now. You blokes have never been the same since you folded and merged.

Now get yourself down the intersection and look after Father Ted.

Tis the season to be jolly,

Troll - a loll - loll larhhh - a Troll lah larrrrrrrrrrr

(nah Wonnie, speaking on behalf of my learned friends in here - you are not a Troll you are always welcome in here.)

Vossy

Bench
he didnt get signed to 200k...he only gets the full lot if he plays so many games in first grade..

he just turned 20 and has had a horror run with injuries, give the guy a f**king break will ya :fist:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Wonnie, Wonnie.........

you should be used to it by now. You blokes have never been the same since you folded and merged.

Now get yourself down the intersection and look after Father Ted.

Tis the season to be jolly,

Troll - a loll - loll larhhh - a Troll lah larrrrrrrrrrr

(nah Wonnie, speaking on behalf of my learned friends in here - you are not a Troll you are always welcome in here.)

Haha. I can cop the taunts Quigs. Hey, at least our "folding" has already occured, our jumper is the same and we play (some) games at Kogarah. Certainly numbs the "pain". So does Uncle Waynes arrival.

Tough times ahead for the Sharkies. I reckon you got the next two years to finally win one or its curtains on any ambitions to do so whilst playing out of Shark Park.

Can't wait for Round 3 at the Grand Old Lady (with new & improved fence). Trent from Punchy will get his little bot bot slapped.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
he didnt get signed to 200k...he only gets the full lot if he plays so many games in first grade..

he just turned 20 and has had a horror run with injuries, give the guy a f**king break will ya :fist:

Nuh. Heaps harder working young blokes who could still outplay him are lost to the game every year.

Prove it Karlos & I will happily eat my words.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
:thumb

Well said dave, finally someone understands what this kid has gone through, when he started this season, he was coming off a serious ankle and foot injury and was working his way back into form and getting his fitness back, before he ripped his pec, some people on hear expect him to play with a ripped pec though :roll:.

The kid has the goods, i have seen him when fully fit and injury free, and this guy is an unbelievable talent, you honestly think the sharks signed him for 200k a season by not knowing what he had to offer? Ricky stuart isn't that dumb.

All the best to Karlos next season

cb4

First Grade
:thumb

Well said dave, finally someone understands what this kid has gone through, when he started this season, he was coming off a serious ankle and foot injury and was working his way back into form and getting his fitness back, before he ripped his pec, some people on hear expect him to play with a ripped pec though :roll:.

The kid has the goods, i have seen him when fully fit and injury free, and this guy is an unbelievable talent, you honestly think the sharks signed him for 200k a season by not knowing what he had to offer? Ricky stuart isn't that dumb.

All the best to Karlos next season

bravo!

Dave Q

Coach
Im glad Ive got the panel to spend a bit of time on young Karlos.

Next year is year 2 of 3.

I know that some other clubs have an eye on him so lets see what happens.

But more importantly I know that he has a strong desire to play well for the sharks and despite the rough treatment by some sections of the press, he isnt going to chuck the towell in and coward off.

BTW Club duties for the players this year are finalised this Friday. I am not sure how long they break up for.

Whatever rubbish has been going on about Stuart losing his cool at the inetrnational level, he continues to command the respect of the squad and some of the players have said privately that he is the best coach they have played under.

Funny how we never hear about the good things happening.