What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final 8 - now confirmed!!

Eelectrica

Referee
Dammit, I won't be there tonight to cheer the Titans on. Only game I'll miss all year.
(I was cheering for Parra when we played at skilled though)

Eelectrica

Referee
I can't believe that we are seriously talking finals and it's real.
Not so long ago we were talking wooden pieces of cutlery and that was real :crazy:

Hill Troll

Juniors
I think there is a scenario where we play the Dogs in the first week of the finals and never have to play away from ANZ again (if we win).

Newcastle beat Canberra away - even money - beat Penrith at home - very likely - and finish above us.

Manly beat both Cronulla and Titans at home - odds on - and finish above us.

Brisbane beat Canberra at home - very likely - and finish above us.

Dogs beat Cronulla and Tigers - likely - finish 1st.

Storm win one more game and finish above us - very likely.

St. George beat Souths - very likely and lose to us and finish 2nd.

We beat St George in the last round and finish 8th.

First week of finals Dogs 1st vs eels 8th at ANZ (our second home ground!).

I think I would prefer this than having to beat St. George at Kogarah two weeks in a row.
What do you think!

Last edited:

caylo

Bench
We will beat St George next week and finish 6th (above Manly and newcastle) and play the Titans in week one (and beat them at skilled park).

We will then play the losser of the Melbourne v Brizy game (assuming Dogs and Drags win their games) which IMO will be Melbourne and we will beat them at ANZ.

The Finals 4 will be Saints v Parra and Bulldogs v Titans in which we will see a Bulldog v Parra grandfinals and we will have won our 12th game straight to win the comp.

We will beat St George next week and finish 6th (above Manly and newcastle) and play the Titans in week one (and beat them at skilled park).

We will then play the losser of the Melbourne v Brizy game (assuming Dogs and Drags win their games) which IMO will be Melbourne and we will beat them at ANZ.

The Finals 4 will be Saints v Parra and Bulldogs v Titans in which we will see a Bulldog v Parra grandfinals and we will have won our 12th game straight to win the comp.
sh*t i hope you are right caylo.

jimmyo

Juniors

I would rather play the Dogs or Dragons at home than the Titans at skilled. Titans at skilled and the Storm at home look like the toughest away finals IMO. At least with a Sydney final we know Parra are going to have a decent amount of the crowd - fire up!!

I'd rather not play Dogs/Drags as that means we're in 7th/8th and a loss will mean a definite exit.

Now, I think we can beat either of these teams but I still also acknowledge that it's hard to go 12 straight. Coming in 6th gives us the opportunity to have an off week and still go through to Week 2, so I'd prefer to come 5th/6th and have to travel in Week 1.

Kornstar

Coach
It's simple, we just need to beat the Dragons and we make the 8!

If we are good enough will win 12 in a row and the Premiership, if we aren't we have laid a platform for next year.

I am just enjoying the ride and not getting too excited as we won't deserve anything until it is actually happening.

salvy71

Juniors
I'd rather not play Dogs/Drags as that means we're in 7th/8th and a loss will mean a definite exit.

Now, I think we can beat either of these teams but I still also acknowledge that it's hard to go 12 straight. Coming in 6th gives us the opportunity to have an off week and still go through to Week 2, so I'd prefer to come 5th/6th and have to travel in Week 1.

That's what I was hoping before watching the Broncos beat the Cowboys ....a loss by them could have opened up a shot at 6th or 5th which could mean a loss in the 1st week of the finals would keep us alive .....winning 12 straight to win the title ? Just about impossible ....but if it happened I'd need my stomach pumped on grand final night .

It's simple, we just need to beat the Dragons and we make the 8!

If we are good enough will win 12 in a row and the Premiership, if we aren't we have laid a platform for next year.

I am just enjoying the ride and not getting too excited as we won't deserve anything until it is actually happening.
i agree considering the dark hole we were in a few months ago just to be in contention for the semis is a great achievement and if we make the eight anything over that is gravy :D

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm not ready to face the conflict of a Titans/Parra clash at Skilled :?
I want to support the Titans and Parra in week one of the finals.
Titans V Knights and Parra V Dogs/Dragons would be awesome.

Parra beats the dogs or Dragons, Titans beat Knights and it's a preliminary final at Suncorp. :thumb

That would be too cool.

bartman

Immortal
We just need the Titans to win today to confirm that we'll be in the 8.

Then it's really the other results this weekend and next that will determin who we have to play. I'm not expecting to be higher than 7th to be honest, and most likely 8th unless there are some upsets.

So I guess that means the Dragons or Bulldogs? Beat the Dragons next weekend, and earn a sudden death shot at the Bulldogs the weekend after at ANZ?

strider

Post Whore
We just need the Titans to win today to confirm that we'll be in the 8.

Then it's really the other results this weekend and next that will determin who we have to play. I'm not expecting to be higher than 7th to be honest, and most likely 8th unless there are some upsets.

So I guess that means the Dragons or Bulldogs? Beat the Dragons next weekend, and earn a sudden death shot at the Bulldogs the weekend after at ANZ?
exactly - go Titans!

Latest posts