What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week One

getsmarty

Immortal
de-belinj-1803032.jpg

DRAGONS

Late mail: Elimination final v Brisbane Broncos
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 9 Sep 2018, 03:10 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has finalised his team for the elimination final against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

The Dragons have maintained the same team list named on Tuesday, with Jason Nightingale and Hame Sele missing out on selection.

NRL team for Elimination Final v Brisbane Broncos

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
2. Nene Macdonald – sponsored by Relativity in the Loop
3. Zac Lomax – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
5. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by SMAI
6. Gareth Widdop (c) – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
7. Ben Hunt– sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes – sponsored by Floormania
10. Leeson Ah Mau – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Val Morgan
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Jack de Belin – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Latimore – sponsored by Addbuild Additions
15. Kurt Mann – sponsored by Wollongong Diagnostics
16. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Westfund
17. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Domus Lighting

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/09/09/late-mail-elimination-final-v-brisbane-broncos/

ALSGI

Bench
Ok here we are playing an elimination semi finall in season 2018 after being top 4 if not top 2 for almost the entire season.
The Warriors are gone, Souths and Sharks have suffered losses and now on wood as in fact are Storm & Roosters so it is all there for everyone to compete for with no extra chances.
If we do lose today who is putting their hand up to say we had a successful season?
If we do win today who would consider that if that is far as we go, we would have had a successful season?
For mine not finishing top 4 is a big fail and if we don’t make the GF from here then an immense fail.
FMD mate.

Relax, plenty of time for negativity afterwards.

We’re playing a final, backs against the wall and we’re gonna fly.

Go the All Mighty Dragons.

Groncos are shitting themselves.

Dragons 27-14.

Old Timer

Coach
FMD mate.

Dragons 27-14.
Im no being negative, I just think it would be nice for people to be up front with their thoughts.

blacksafake

First Grade
This f**k wit ref Atkins canes us all the time. Last time he reffed us was Tigers game & sin binned McInnes 33 minutes after warning :rage:

Old Timer

Coach
If we don't make the GF from here its an immense fail?
Wow.
Absolutely (save injuries tucking us up)
If we are all truthfull after the season start we had and the form we showed we should have always had the GF as our goal
After today’s game you have to ask where have we been?
Great to see us do the job today and looking forward to next week.
By the way lucks a fortune and we made our own today but it sure would have been handy finishing top 4 and maybe getting a week off.

Crush

Coach
Absolutely (save injuries tucking us up)
If we are all truthfull after the season start we had and the form we showed we should have always had the GF as our goal
After today’s game you have to ask where have we been?
Great to see us do the job today and looking forward to next week.
By the way lucks a fortune and we made our own today but it sure would have been handy finishing top 4 and maybe getting a week off.
Great win by OUR boys. Wow! That was amazing, guts determination and execution. Go you mighty dragons, so proud of the team. Next week another test. What a fricken win today!

Old Timer

Coach
Great win by OUR boys. Wow! That was amazing, guts determination and execution. Go you mighty dragons, so proud of the team. Next week another test. What a fricken win today!
Lomax has star quality written all over him
He is calm, cool, collected and as I said elsewhere a natural centre who should be playing every game from here on.
Loved it when he shoved Sims and later on Lodge so obviously not intimidated
I wonder what that wanker My Man Gasnier has to say about his effort today

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade

Told ya mate. I had a good feeling about today.

We own those pricks and they were nowhere near as good as people made out.

And we’re a team that led the comp for 16 rounds so I knew we had it in us.

st penguin

Juniors
Me thinks that next weeks game will not be a close affair.
They will either pump us or we will pump them
We are playing shithouse and all things look tragic but much will depend on team selection and TBH I hope Flo & Aitken are ruled out with injury because even though our chances are slim, if they play they are even slimmer (harsh but true)
Broncos when on, are good enough to whip anyone but at the same time their halves (like ours) go missing and they start to implode and Oates is more than capable of destroying teams single handed but also capable of being a butter fingered clux
FMD - bang on the money.

mbk78

Juniors
I started to get a feeling over the course of the weekend we would win and win well. To back it up I changed my footy tip to the Dragons an hour before the game. Just to be clear I NEVER change my tips once I’ve locked them in. But something inside told me would win today and win well. So, so proud of our boys!

blacksafake

First Grade
Lomax should have locked up his position in the team. He seems so calm & collected & he knows he belongs there without the arrogance. Was really impressed with Lawrie today he stepped up big time after replacing Graham. Today’s game just may be the making of him.

My man Gasnier

Juniors
FMD mate.

Dragons 27-14.

Old mate already had the obituary advertised and the eulogy prepared.

Fool with no foresight.