What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week two, Rabbitohs v Dragons, Saturday 15th September 7:40pm @ ANZ Stadium

ThingFish

Juniors
I think all those player ratings of 5 and 5.5 are a fair cop. There are a few players that need to realise it’s finals. Edit-Angus should be docked a point for that haircut.

How good is Cam Murray, 200 metres off the bench and that clutch play. If Souths are serious about developing from within then they have to commit to making Cam a long term Bunny. Plus I think Gags is finally bringing his big game attitude, it’s what we’re paying him for and he’s starting to earn it.

Last edited:

ThingFish

Juniors
That match review is interesting. It is cut and paste straight from the NRL site, but the Souths web site has cut out a paragraph about Sam and alledged sexting interrupting our lead up. I understand they don’t want it plastered on the offical web site for fans, but the censorship is interesting.

southsport

First Grade
Dragons supporter here .... Well done guys... great game of footy which really could have gone either way.... Souths do us all a favour and knock of the cap rorters next week and then do the business against either sharks or storm who equally are placed way down the class ladder... go well... see ya at the charity shield 2019!
Thanks Mark and the other dragons supporters for the good sportsmanship, you and your team are a credit to the NRL.

Morehead St

Juniors
Dragons supporter here .... Well done guys... great game of footy which really could have gone either way.... Souths do us all a favour and knock of the cap rorters next week and then do the business against either sharks or storm who equally are placed way down the class ladder... go well... see ya at the charity shield 2019!
You are a good man, Mark D. You must be very proud of your team in the way they have lifted in the finals when big efforts were needed. That they overcame their mid-season slump, that they overcame the loss of their skipper, co- play maker and goal-kicker Gareth Widdop, and Paul Vaughan and Euan Aitken, was a stirring achievement.

I shudder to imagine what last night's result would have been if Tariq had stayed on to keep the defensive line tight - Souths only made inroads after half time. And what would have we been feeling right now if Saints had kicked on the last tackle of their final set?

Couldn't agree more with your reference to the Rorters - it defies belief that they can get away with it year after year.

All the best, mate and thanks for your good wishes. That is how all sports should be.

Morehead St

Juniors
Congrats bunnies. please go and win it. Can't bear to see Melbourne cheating scurge or rorters in GF. hope it's sharks and south's and u win.
PS
Always back a club not a franchise and f**k anyone who joined super league and the News limited PRXCks. Go Bunnies!!!Good luck.
I repeat what I sent to another fine Dragon ambassador on this site, Mark D: you are a good man, WA 'S OWN RED V. You must be very proud of your team in the way they have lifted in the finals when big efforts were needed. That they overcame their mid-season slump, that they overcame the loss of their skipper, co- play maker and goal-kicker Gareth Widdop, and Paul Vaughan and Euan Aitken, was a stirring achievement.

I shudder to imagine what last night's result would have been if Tariq had stayed on to keep the defensive line tight - Souths only made inroads after half time. And what would have we been feeling right now if Saints had kicked on the last tackle of their final set?

Couldn't agree more with your reference to Nazi Limited. How they have tried to wreck our game and our Govts defies belief that they can get away with it year after year.

All the best, mate and thanks for your good wishes. That is how all sports should be.

Morehead St

Juniors
We actuall
we actually lose if saints actually kicked on their last set!absolute stupidity!
How bloody true. It is amazing how massive events can turn on little actions: The strip off Campbell Graham that led to the penalty that put Saints in front; the strip by Cam Murray on Leeson Ah Mau that led to our field position and field goal; the slanted falling of the ball that caused Hunt's field to skew away; etc; etc. And these are only the most obvious of tiny incidents in the final minutes - let alone those small actions through out the game.
These are the motions that create "heart-stoppers". Thank God for the post game "heart starters" that come in 330 ml brown glass bottles!

Morehead St

Juniors
I'm pretty stoked right now but to be fair, we got a few fortunate calls tonight and fell over the line though the game was decided by Ben Hunt having a brain explosion on the last there.
I thought St George put up a really good show tonight and were the better team despite missing personnel and for all the criticism they've recieved with the 'chokers' tag, they can be very proud of that effort.
Goodonya, mate. Well said. Very honest.

Morehead St

Juniors
After that it should be every male Souths member sending a dick pic to the Telegraph!!! Glory Glory!!
On "Offsiders" this morning Roy Masters raised three very thoughtful points:
1. Why does the Tele release this story two days before Souths biggest game so far, when events took place last May (especially when the woman involved is somehow out of the country touring the world: which I will add, probably is coincidental and means nothing, but with Murdoch people involved, you have to be suspicious)?
2. What will the NRL do regarding sanctions/suspensions of players in such scandals: wait to do something after the GF and be accused of being soft, or do something immediately and be accused of decapitating Souths chances?
3. The NRL site produces reams of positive and inspiring stories from and about players; whi;le the Tele just wants to sensationalise and muck-rake: how can the two organisations exist in the same "business"?

Morehead St

Juniors
Another Dragons fan..Well done to your team on the win tonight...please do everyone a favor and go and beat those Roosters ...Hoping you guys can take it out this year...best of luck.
Thanks, mate. You, Mark D and WA'S Red V are proud reps of a proud club. I really feel sorry for your coach who has done wonders with the squad this year. The look of agony and disbelief on his face when the Dragons died with the ball on the last set was just haunting. He knew what it could result in - and he judged right.
Somewhere above a Souths fan has mentioned correctly that your young team will be even more of a force next year.

getsmarty

Immortal
Thanks, mate. You, Mark D and WA'S Red V are proud reps of a proud club. I really feel sorry for your coach who has done wonders with the squad this year. The look of agony and disbelief on his face when the Dragons died with the ball on the last set was just haunting. He knew what it could result in - and he judged right.
Somewhere above a Souths fan has mentioned correctly that your young team will be even more of a force next year.

Thanks Morehead...as you stated plenty of positives to take in to next year for us..Lomax/Lawrie etc..
Proud of the effort our boys put in..that's all you can ask for as a fan...

I will be cheering you on for the next few weeks...Couldn't bear watching a Roosters vs Storm/ Sharks GF...Go the bunnies.

CliveC

Juniors
Thanks mate, credit to your dragons they played the game in a great spirit and could have taken a win.
The
On "Offsiders" this morning Roy Masters raised three very thoughtful points:
1. Why does the Tele release this story two days before Souths biggest game so far, when events took place last May (especially when the woman involved is somehow out of the country touring the world: which I will add, probably is coincidental and means nothing, but with Murdoch people involved, you have to be suspicious)?
2. What will the NRL do regarding sanctions/suspensions of players in such scandals: wait to do something after the GF and be accused of being soft, or do something immediately and be accused of decapitating Souths chances?
3. The NRL site produces reams of positive and inspiring stories from and about players; whi;le the Tele just wants to sensationalise and muck-rake: how can the two organisations exist in the same "business"?
The NRL should make an announcement on this shit.
To destabilise a great club on the eve of finals is beyond the pale,Imagine the NRL penalises Souths and Sam!
Souths appeal and the woman goes to gaol for a couple of years for a variety of charges!
Souths have lost big time,simple solution........shoot Murdoch! Lol

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
To all the Dragons fans, I feel for you. That game last night honestly could have gone either way and I think we just managed to get a little lucky and win the big moments towards the end of the game.

You guys have a quality side and I think you should be very proud of your team as it's the deepest you've gone into the finals for quite some time and I think you're really building into a Premiership force in the coming years if you weren't already.

Morehead St

Juniors
The

The NRL should make an announcement on this shit.
To destabilise a great club on the eve of finals is beyond the pale,Imagine the NRL penalises Souths and Sam!
Souths appeal and the woman goes to gaol for a couple of years for a variety of charges!
Souths have lost big time,simple solution........shoot Murdoch! Lol
That's a good point. If you punish now, but discover later that the accused are innocent, then that is a greater wrong.
I am biased, but I do believe that you can wait another fortnight to do a proper investigation - especially when the woman is out of the country, presumably for at least that length of time.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Bugger!

Well gents, you got the chocolates, you get to fight another day and we have Mad Monday to prepare for.
Game management won you the game, you did what you needed to do at the crucial times and simply, we didn't. We can talk about a couple of crucial ref decisions and injury woes, but we had the opportunity to lock the game away despite all that and we just didn't take those opportunities and the result is history.

Gutted we won't be there on the big day, but genuinely happy for you blokes that you are still a chance. You're going to need to improve on that performance to be a realistic chance, but i've seen enough of your games this year to know you can step it up markedly. In fact, apart from Reynolds, Murray and Gagai, the rest of your team were probably only a 6/10 at best, so obviously you have a lot of upside left in you.

It's a very easy position for me in deciding how i want the remainder of the season to turn out. It is fact that ether Storm or Sharks will be one of the G/F teams and apart from the Broncos, there are no 2 teams i despise more. Your side of the draw simply has to win the big dance and i wish you all well in that pursuit........i would dearly love to be in your position right now!
Go get em lads.

ThingFish

Juniors
Roosters $1.75
Bunnys $2.10

They are only giving us 2pt start. I’m not as confident as the bookies.

I thought for sure we’d be $3:00+. Unless they are waiting for the call on GI’s tackle.

Pommy

Coach
I think all those player ratings of 5 and 5.5 are a fair cop. There are a few players that need to realise it’s finals. Edit-Angus should be docked a point for that haircut.

How good is Cam Murray, 200 metres off the bench and that clutch play. If Souths are serious about developing from within then they have to commit to making Cam a long term Bunny. Plus I think Gags is finally bringing his big game attitude, it’s what we’re paying him for and he’s starting to earn it.

Just one?

Latest posts