What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals.

WestyLife

First Grade
While it is disappointing to lose him (Kikau) I think we are in a good place with Capewell.

Bigger question is who joins the bench. Leinu has been in great form but Billy Burns is a like for like replacement for Capewell.

It's Lenui. There is 0% chance of anyone else which actually makes our middle stronger.

Fangs

Coach
I think we can all agree it would be very handy to have Antonio Winterstein slot in for this game.

EDIT: Apologies, I meant Frank. His gifted cousin.

betcats

Referee
Yeah Leniu definitely can add something off the bench albeit in a different position to Kikau. Yeo or May are good enough to spell Capewell for a short time if he needs it, Martin will play 80 most likely.

GongPanther

Referee
I agree now is the time. Origin hasn't been a distraction this year, maybe next year it will. Injuries have been relatively kind this year, next year who knows.
The young kids will improve but Tamou leaving will be a loss. As will Barrett. Maybe we lose another we want to keep with the vultures circling.
A golden opportunity we have right now. You never know what the future holds. Next year could be different and harder circumstances.
The time is now.
The injuries that are going to come from this weekend will go a long way in solidifying the Storm's and Panthers chances of making this year's GF.

We got our bad game out of the way V Easts, now to go full bore and get this long awaited premiership...and a couple more records to add.:)

martielang

Bench
I think we can all agree it would be very handy to have Antonio Winterstein slot in for this game.

EDIT: Apologies, I meant Frank. His gifted cousin.

Thought he was heavily underrated on here. Mainly because he wasn't under 21 or a junior.

The_Frog

First Grade
We got our bad game out of the way V Easts, now to go full bore and get this long awaited premiership...and a couple more records to add.
It wasn't that bad. Apart from the slow start and for one set right at the death, we were never in a position where we could lose the match. And this was the Roosters, the benchmark team, who were trying their guts out.

The_Frog

First Grade
He did. I will try and find the link.
He said "Our best training session was this game" What I believe he meant was that they played better (in the second half) than they trained, which is as close to a compliment to the opposition as you're going to get from this bloke.

But he was very smug, shall I say, in this conference, his belief in his team's entitlement to win shone brightly.

WestyLife

First Grade
He said "Our best training session was this game" What I believe he meant was that they played better (in the second half) than they trained, which is as close to a compliment to the opposition as you're going to get from this bloke.

But he was very smug, shall I say, in this conference, his belief in his team's entitlement to win shone brightly.

That quote sounds like he means that was their best learning experience of the year.

Jane Murray

Bench

Either way, I don't think he was calling a qualifying final a training session. They were desperate to win.

I took it as a disrespectful comment, given the way it was delivered.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He did. I will try and find the link.

He said in the press conference that the Game was the best training you can have.

He was referring to how we exposed their weakness and they will learn from that.

I don’t think he was being disrespectful, he was basically said that they will be better for the run.

It was a typical Trent Robinson media session.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
While it is disappointing to lose him (Kikau) I think we are in a good place with Capewell.

Bigger question is who joins the bench. Leinu has been in great form but Billy Burns is a like for like replacement for Capewell.

Billy Burns is not a like for like for Capwell. Burns should be NOWHERE near the 17 in a finals game..

Latest posts