What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch cops guilty plea

The Colonel

Immortal
Finch cops guilty plea
September 14, 2004

SYDNEY Roosters playmaker Brett Finch has pleaded guilty but will dispute the grading of a dangerous throw charge in a bid to play in the National Rugby League grand final.

Finch was charged with making a grade two dangerous throw on Canberra fullback Clinton Schifcofske and could be suspended for two matches when he fronts the judiciary tomorrow night.

That would rule him out of both the preliminary final the weekend after next and the grand final on October 3, if the Roosters get that far.

The Roosters have accepted he won't play in the preliminary final by entering the guilty plea but will attempt to have the charge downgraded to clear him for the grand final.

Meanwhile Bulldogs captain Steve Price has pleaded not guilty to striking North Queensland's Glenn Morrison and will fight the charge tomorrow night in a bid to play in Sunday's sudden-death semi-final against Melbourne at Aussie Stadium.

AAP

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Colonel Eel said:
SYDNEY Roosters playmaker Brett Finch has pleaded guilty but will dispute the grading of a dangerous throw charge in a bid to play in the National Rugby League grand final.

God, the Roosters think they are already there! :roll:

m0j0

Bench
The Roosters have accepted he won't play in the preliminary final by entering the guilty plea but will attempt to have the charge downgraded to clear him for the grand final.

I could be wrong, but the way I read it is that if he's successful in getting it downgraded he will get the early plea discount as he's already pleaded guilty. He will therefore cop 93 points with no carryover, hence clearing him for the prelim. Which version is correct???

PB

Bench
Colonel Eel said:
Finch cops guilty plea
September 14, 2004

Meanwhile Bulldogs captain Steve Price has pleaded not guilty to striking North Queensland's Glenn Morrison and will fight the charge tomorrow night in a bid to play in Sunday's sudden-death semi-final against Melbourne at Aussie Stadium.

AAP

How can he plead not guilty!?!

Did his forearm hit Morrison in the head? Yes of course it did. Whether it was retaliation or not, he did it, so how can he plead not guilty......

melon....

Coach
centy coast panther said:
Colonel Eel said:

They dont think that you prat!! Theyre just planning properly in case they get there and ensure Finch will be available.

Jeez give it a rest....

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
melon.... said:
centy coast panther said:
Colonel Eel said:

They dont think that you prat!! Theyre just planning properly in case they get there and ensure Finch will be available.

Jeez give it a rest....

Chill mate i know. It was just the way it was said.

The Colonel

Immortal
PB said:
Colonel Eel said:
Finch cops guilty plea
September 14, 2004

AAP

How can he plead not guilty!?!

Did his forearm hit Morrison in the head? Yes of course it did. Whether it was retaliation or not, he did it, so how can he plead not guilty......

Its the only way he can fight it. Its a grade one so he can't plead guilty and ask for a downgrade.

panthersballboy said:
I don't think he'll get it downgraded, maybe if Schif didn't land on top of his head?

With Shifcofske going there to back up his claim he has a very good chance of getting it downgraded.

JJ

Immortal
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:
I don't think he'll get it downgraded, maybe if Schif didn't land on top of his head?

With Shifcofske going there to back up his claim he has a very good chance of getting it downgraded.

Maybe Schif has post-concussional amnesia? :lol: :lol:

Who cares what he says - the bottom line is Finch grabbed him between the legs, lifted him and dropped him fair and square on the top of his head. Any other time of the year it would be at least two weeks, I'd be disappointed if they downgraded it now.

Chook

First Grade
JJ said:
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:

Who cares what he says - the bottom line is Finch grabbed him between the legs, lifted him and dropped him fair and square on the top of his head. Any other time of the year it would be at least two weeks, I'd be disappointed if they downgraded it now.

Get used to disappointment.

Chook.

JJ

Immortal
Chook said:
JJ said:
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:

Chook.

Who was it that said Roosters fans were arrogant?

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:

SR,

They should not be allowing Schifcoskes testimony at all. He should have been given the same grading that Ben Ross was given.

Schifcoskes Head hit the ground first. THE Top part of his MELON. Not the side of his head, not the shoulder first but his HEAD.

offcourse his ext team mate is going in to bat for him.

if the Roosters want respect from the Football public, then they should just cop the verdict on the chin. But the kid is the vital cog in that teams direction, and they are doing everything they can to get him off. I understand that fully.

but you can not fight this Grading. Its too damn light.

if he gets off, there should be Mutiny.

m0j0

Bench
JJ said:
Would you, at the same time, be disappointed if Price gets off?

JJ

Immortal
m0j0 said:
JJ said:

Unfortunately I didn't see the Price/Morrison incident, so I can't comment.

Chook

First Grade
JJ said:
Chook said:
JJ said:
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:

Chook.

I see you are one of those that can give it but not take it? Fair enough, as long as we all know.

Chook.

who's his dad ???

who did `salary cap auditor' (cough cough) play for ??

who's flegg team (from an area with 1 junior club) haven't lost a game

who's coach commentates on free to air

i will bet my left nut he gets downgraded and plays in the GF should they make it

for manly of the 80s (with that crooked wrteched arthurson running the league) read easts of today

TRANSLATION

Juniors
m0j0 said:
JJ said:

The 2 incidents are different, you can not compare them.

Price thru a little rabbit punch to a bloke he was sure head slammed him. Penalty was sufficient.

JJ

Immortal
Chook said:
JJ said:
Chook said:
JJ said:
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:

Chook.

I see you are one of those that can give it but not take it? Fair enough, as long as we all know.

Chook.

Don't see your logic... What colour is the sky in your world?