What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch cops guilty plea

Chook

First Grade
JJ said:
Chook said:
JJ said:
Chook said:
JJ said:
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:
I don't think he'll get it downgraded, maybe if Schif didn't land on top of his head?

With Shifcofske going there to back up his claim he has a very good chance of getting it downgraded.

Maybe Schif has post-concussional amnesia? :lol: :lol:

Who cares what he says - the bottom line is Finch grabbed him between the legs, lifted him and dropped him fair and square on the top of his head. Any other time of the year it would be at least two weeks, I'd be disappointed if they downgraded it now.

Get used to disappointment.

Chook.

Who was it that said Roosters fans were arrogant?

I see you are one of those that can give it but not take it? Fair enough, as long as we all know.

Chook.

Don't see your logic... What colour is the sky in your world?

I apologise if it was too intellectual for you. I'll try and dumb it down in future for your benefit.

Chook.

JJ

Immortal
Chook said:
JJ said:
Chook said:
JJ said:
Chook said:
JJ said:
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:
I don't think he'll get it downgraded, maybe if Schif didn't land on top of his head?

With Shifcofske going there to back up his claim he has a very good chance of getting it downgraded.

Who cares what he says - the bottom line is Finch grabbed him between the legs, lifted him and dropped him fair and square on the top of his head. Any other time of the year it would be at least two weeks, I'd be disappointed if they downgraded it now.

Chook.

I see you are one of those that can give it but not take it? Fair enough, as long as we all know.

Chook.

I apologise if it was too intellectual for you. I'll try and dumb it down in future for your benefit.

Chook.

:lol: :lol: too intellectual - hysterical. Sorry, people rambling and spouting incoherent delusional gibberish often confuse or bore me - you're doing both.

melon....

Coach
Stgillaman said:
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:

SR,

They should not be allowing Schifcoskes testimony at all. He should have been given the same grading that Ben Ross was given.

Schifcoskes Head hit the ground first. THE Top part of his MELON. Not the side of his head, not the shoulder first but his HEAD.

offcourse his ext team mate is going in to bat for him.

if the Roosters want respect from the Football public, then they should just cop the verdict on the chin. But the kid is the vital cog in that teams direction, and they are doing everything they can to get him off. I understand that fully.

but you can not fight this Grading. Its too damn light.

if he gets off, there should be Mutiny.
The Roosters do not want not need respect from the "footballing public" especially one with the members like here that have no idea. They could end up like st.George...no respect AND no success.

Bottom line is this:

The grade is up for review. If downgraded, the 25% discount is still applicable. Finch may not get ANY weeks. And once again, the Telecrap/Fox have got it wrong .

TRANSLATION

Juniors
melon.... said:
Stgillaman said:
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:

SR,

They should not be allowing Schifcoskes testimony at all. He should have been given the same grading that Ben Ross was given.

Schifcoskes Head hit the ground first. THE Top part of his MELON. Not the side of his head, not the shoulder first but his HEAD.

if the Roosters want respect from the Football public, then they should just cop the verdict on the chin. But the kid is the vital cog in that teams direction, and they are doing everything they can to get him off. I understand that fully.

The Roosters do not want not need respect from the "footballing public" especially one with the members like here that have no idea. They could end up like st.George...no respect AND no success.

Bottom line is this:

The grade is up for review. If downgraded, the 25% discount is still applicable. Finch may not get ANY weeks. And once again, the Telecrap/Fox have got it wrong .

Do U beleive Finch should get off Melon. ??

Or is it only becuase he is a player that you guys need.??

Horses for coarses right melon.

What a wank.

melon....

Coach
mickdo said:
What a rort

From NRL judiciary rules

Early Plea
If the player enters an early plea to the offence and accepts the grading, the Player is entitled to a reduction of 25 per cent of the base penalty and also a similar reduction in any increases due to other previous offences. A player can enter an early plea up until midday on the day following the charge. Alternatively, the player may prefer to have the charge heard by the panel by either entering a not guilty or guilty plea but disputes the grading. If found guilty at the subsequent hearing, the player receives no reduction unless the panel reduces the grading. If the player pleads guilty but disputes the grading and the panel do reduce the grading, the player also receives the benefit of the early plea discount.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
A RORT!!!! Its in the rules...they open for anyone and everyone....get a life.

Finch plays halfback...the most important position in our Team...it would be remiss of our Club not to try and have his grade reduced....grow up would you...all your Clubs would be doing the same thing in the same position.

m0j0

Bench
Stgillaman said:
m0j0 said:
JJ said:
Would you, at the same time, be disappointed if Price gets off?

The 2 incidents are different, you can not compare them.

Price thru a little rabbit punch to a bloke he was sure head slammed him. Penalty was sufficient.

Good to see you're as inconsistent as ever. I'm not comparing the incidents...never said they were the same. What I'm comparing is the attitude of you and the other sheep.
* Finch and Price both charged for different reasons. Finch is obviously given leniency, but Price is hard done by.
* Finch is trying to get off with a lighter penalty - he's a bloody whinger and should cop it on the chin. Price is trying to get off with a lesser (no) penalty - that's fine.

For the record, I think Finch deserves 2 weeks at least, but ffs, he's not the first player this year that's contested a charge. You think the Roosters are a pack of whingers, but you blokes have them beat hands down.

The Colonel

Immortal
Finch cops guilty plea but hopes to play grand final

14 September 2004

Sydney Roosters playmaker Brett Finch has pleaded guilty but will dispute the grading of a dangerous throw charge in a bid to play in the NRL preliminary final.

Finch was charged with making a grade two dangerous throw on Canberra fullback Clinton Schifcofske and could be suspended for two matches when he fronts the judiciary tomorrow night.

That would rule him out of both the preliminary final the weekend after next and the grand final on October 3, if the Roosters get that far.

However, the club today released a statement in which it said it was disputing the grading of the charge and would present evidence in an attempt to have it reduced to a grade one offence.

"A downgrade on the charge, coupled with the early plea will result in 93 demerit points, providing the opportunity for Brett to take his place with the Roosters in Sunday week's preliminary final," the statement said.

"The club will have no further comment to pass on the above issue until the judiciary hearing is complete."

Meanwhile Bulldogs captain Steve Price has pleaded not guilty to striking North Queensland's Glenn Morrison and will fight the charge tomorrow night in a bid to play in Sunday's sudden-death semi-final against Melbourne at Aussie Stadium.

Brought to you by AAP

from nrl.com.au

TRANSLATION

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
A RORT!!!! Its the rules...they open for anyone and everyone....get a life.

Grow up chicky babe..

Finch should not get off. The grading was light, and after a few hours on Radio today and tommorrow, we the public should make our presence felt.

No Down Grade possible for Finchy, no matter what New angles are found.

:roll:

DisgustedOfLilyfield said:
who's his dad ???

who did `salary cap auditor' (cough cough) play for ??

who's flegg team (from an area with 1 junior club) haven't lost a game

who's coach commentates on free to air

i will bet my left nut he gets downgraded and plays in the GF should they make it

for manly of the 80s (with that crooked wrteched arthurson running the league) read easts of today
We all know who his Dad is but do you know yours ?!?!?!?
And I don't think you should be betting things which you don't have.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Colonel Eel said:

14 September 2004

Sydney Roosters playmaker Brett Finch has pleaded guilty but will dispute the grading of a dangerous throw charge in a bid to play in the NRL preliminary final.

Finch was charged with making a grade two dangerous throw on Canberra fullback Clinton Schifcofske and could be suspended for two matches when he fronts the judiciary tomorrow night.

That would rule him out of both the preliminary final the weekend after next and the grand final on October 3, if the Roosters get that far.

However, the club today released a statement in which it said it was disputing the grading of the charge and would present evidence in an attempt to have it reduced to a grade one offence.

"A downgrade on the charge, coupled with the early plea will result in 93 demerit points, providing the opportunity for Brett to take his place with the Roosters in Sunday week's preliminary final," the statement said.

"The club will have no further comment to pass on the above issue until the judiciary hearing is complete."

Meanwhile Bulldogs captain Steve Price has pleaded not guilty to striking North Queensland's Glenn Morrison and will fight the charge tomorrow night in a bid to play in Sunday's sudden-death semi-final against Melbourne at Aussie Stadium.

Brought to you by AAP

from nrl.com.au

This would be just what the Game needs. the Refs Boss to get off on a Technicality.

](*,)

melon....

Coach
Stgillaman said:
melon.... said:
Stgillaman said:
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:

SR,

Bottom line is this:

Do U beleive Finch should get off Melon. ??

Or is it only becuase he is a player that you guys need.??

Horses for coarses right melon.

What a wank.
Copy book tackle that went wrong. His arm position supports the copy book tackle. His arm position does not support a lifting or dump tackle. Im not sure if he should get off, but there is opportunity with Shiff's testimony, and enough video evidence to warrant appeal. On that basis, he should get it downgraded. BUT if the rules state, as Ive mentioned above, the 25% discount STILL APPLIES AFTER DOWNGRADE, then the Judiciary rules themselves, allow him to play, not me.

So if all goes by the book, and due process, he will get off.

melon....

Coach
Stgillaman said:
Colonel Eel said:

14 September 2004

Brought to you by AAP

from nrl.com.au

This would be just what the Game needs. the Refs Boss to get off on a Technicality.

](*,)
Wrong again Stgill. He would get off BECAUSE THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM ALLOWS IT.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
StGman I'm prepared to wait and see and I couldn't give a rats what you and all the other fans do....like the Judiciary is listening to you all.

I can see your still celebrating Mad Monday and incoherent.

Broncodroid

Juniors
I as much as anyone have a 'sporting hate' towards the Roosters, I am certain this can be said for most Rooster fans when discussing the Broncos, but I respect what they bring to this competition though will not tolerate any nonsense from a 'hanger on' in Gould. Just getting this clear.

I ask members questioning the Roosters plan of attack here in trying to have the charge downgraded, "What would your club being doing if in this position ?".

Don't know the answer ? They would attempting the same thing.

He cops the guilty plea with the Roosters fully aware they lose him for the prelim final, but with footage not shown on channel 9 that may help in the downgrading, they challenge the grading. I say fair enough, I would expect the same of the Bronco's if it was Lockyer, Hunt or Tate.

On a side note...even though Shifcofske is rumoured to be going into bat for his former teammate, I would not be overly confident this will have any significance in the decision made by the panel.

Keep this in mind when reviewing the charge at your own leisure (from NRL.com);

A player is guilty of misconduct if he:-
…..(d) uses any dangerous throw when effecting a tackle

If, in any tackle of, or contact with, an opponent that player is so lifted that he is placed in a position where it is likely that the first part of his body to make contact with the ground will be his head or neck(“the dangerous position”), then that tackle or contact will be deemed to be a dangerous throw unless, with the exercise of reasonable care, the dangerous position could not have been avoided

melon....

Coach
DisgustedOfLilyfield said:
who's his dad ???

who did `salary cap auditor' (cough cough) play for ??

who's flegg team (from an area with 1 junior club) haven't lost a game

who's coach commentates on free to air

i will bet my left nut he gets downgraded and plays in the GF should they make it

for manly of the 80s (with that crooked wrteched arthurson running the league) read easts of today
Pick Me!! Pick Me!! Let ME hammer this slime!! I love hammering farkwits like this!!

Here we go arse candy....

His dad is the referees Boss. The same referees that put him on report. I dont think he's on the judiciary.

If you are referring to Ian Schubert, one of MANY auditors, he played for Easts, and Wests to my knowledge..maybe even Manly. Never Balmain. :lol:

The Roosters Flegg team is undefeated!!! They are great!! But we have 4 junior clubs in our area.

The recently retired NSW Coach is Gus Gould, unless Sterling is coaching the Gosford under10s.

DOnt bet your left nut idiot...its the only one youve got left as Ive just sliced and diced your right one and fed it to the Maggies outside!!!

According to the Judiciary Rules, he has a good chance of getting off under the discount system. Yo see the kid has no carry over points. Which means he hasnt been charged or suspended lately.....hence a clean record. To bet your left nut now you imbecile, would effectively mean you would lose both balls in one foul swoop!!! Then again, it would take away any chance of you reproducing and adding more FARKWITS LIKE YOU INTO THIS ALREADY SCREWED WORLD!!!

Dick.

Chook

First Grade
JJ said:
Chook said:
JJ said:
Chook said:
JJ said:
Chook said:
JJ said:
Southern Rooster said:
panthersballboy said:

Chook.

Chook.

Chook.

:lol: :lol: too intellectual - hysterical. Sorry, people rambling and spouting incoherent delusional gibberish often confuse or bore me - you're doing both.

Then off you go little man and let the adults talk.

Chook.