What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch

Stagger eel

Staff member
bradeel said:
All of you who are driving yourselves nuts at our recruitment and retention work over the past month might want to consider this thread posted in the general NRL discussion forum. Apologies if someone has already done this, but to me it cast a heck of a lot of perspective on a topic that is causing us immense grief at the moment. Basically it seems as though noone but Souths and Titans fans would be particularly happy with their lot for next season...

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=148115

it is a great thread and to be honest it's exactly what I've been reiterating to every doomsdayer here for weeks.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
LONG TERM?

I bet Blake Green is over the moon about all this. Unless they have plans to get rid of Timmy next year then Blake might as well ask for a release now, though I wouldn't rule out both of them leaving next year and Finch becoming our halfback.

If Finch got a one year deal with a second year option in the club's favour then it would be a good signing but signing him up long term is a joke. He's a current Origin player being released by a club worse off than us.. doesn't that say anything to dingbat Denis?

good point jay if tim stays at halfback and finch at 5/8 what a waste it was to sign blake green as he will never get a run unless one is injured. We have massive injuries this year and he still cant get a run so i think he should saught a release so he can play some first grade otherwise it wont happen in the near future for poor blake at parra

piggy can play second row, PJ hooker, blake 5/8 and finch on the bench. or blake on the bench and finch at 5/8 to go to hooker and give PJ a rest when blake comes on.

btw, jayjay, do you like the crusts left on your sandwhiches?

mickdo

Coach
parra pete said:
Get the blinkers off with Tim Smith..Analyse his 2006 form and tell me in all honesty you consider his form has been of a first grade NRL halfback....
If your answer is yes, "That'll do me...."
How about you analyse his 2005 form while you're at it... oh wait, that doesn't suit your argument :roll:

parra pete

Referee
mickdo said:
How about you analyse his 2005 form while you're at it... oh wait, that doesn't suit your argument :roll:

Why not go back to when they both were kids???? What a stupid question.....

The Colonel

Immortal
The other bloke played in two soo and won a man of the match in one. (or at least should have..can't recall if he did or didn't)
Compare the two players on 2006 form.......That's right, no comparison

Actually if you compare his form away from Origin pete where he was the fifth choice, while Tim's form has been bad, Finch's has been horrid. Finch has played two good games all year..... Origin 1 and the game where he told the Finch haters at the Roosters to get stuffed or words to that effect. If his form was anywhere bnear decent the Roosters wouldn't be wanting to let him go....

number8

Juniors
parra pete said:
Why not go back to when they both were kids???? What a stupid question.....

I'd say it's a legitimate & relevant point. He played a full season in NRL last year & the form he played with there has to be considered or your credibility on the issue falls away. I'm willing to hear you out, but you can't just give half the story.

parra pete

Referee
One bloke has sustained his NRL form for a number of seasons. The other bloke had a good first year followed by a fizzer........
Who says he was fifth choice for SOO, and even if he was that puts him about ten rungs ahead of Tim Smith in 2006.......
But I don't care what you think about Smith or Finch. IMO Finch is the better player..That's my opinion and nothing you can say will change it..OK..So let's get on with life......
Tim Smith refuses to run the ball..and that to me is 90% of half back play..

Angry_eel

First Grade
parra pete said:
Tim Smith refuses to run the ball..and that to me is 90% of half back play..
To me tries for wingers and good passes are a half backs play. as long s he sets up tries im fine with it. Leave the running to the wingers and centres.