What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch

Eelementary

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
LONG TERM?

I bet Blake Green is over the moon about all this. Unless they have plans to get rid of Timmy next year then Blake might as well ask for a release now, though I wouldn't rule out both of them leaving next year and Finch becoming our halfback.

If Finch got a one year deal with a second year option in the club's favour then it would be a good signing but signing him up long term is a joke. He's a current Origin player being released by a club worse off than us.. doesn't that say anything to dingbat Denis?

What does that have to do with Finch's ability?

I'm sure that, had Terrell Owens not acted like such a tool and the Eagles released him, every team in the NFL would have made a big play for him.

Dragons_Head

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
yeah he was being groomed there, but tbh when Freddy left those were pretty big shoes to fill. I see it like this, all this expectation has lead to him trying too hard! Pressure for the Roosters fans whom are probably just if not more passionate then Parra supporters has all lead to his downfall. A new club, and a fresh start is just what he needs.
I don't think it matters who he ends up playing for he will probably feel he has to prove himself to those fans also. maybe he should not worry what the fans are saying and just try to impress his yeamates and coaching staff.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I find it quite hilarious...

People admire Lee Hopkins (rightfully, too) because he oozed passion and gave 100% every match he played.

Brett Finch, whilst at times a sook, also oozes competitiveness and passion and will never give less than 100% (unless he's playing for the Roosters).

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:

People admire Lee Hopkins (rightfully, too) because he oozed passion and gave 100% every match he played.

Brett Finch, whilst at times a sook, also oozes competitiveness and passion and will never give less than 100% (unless he's playing for the Roosters).

but it's Finch..can't you see that :roll:

;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
I welcome him to our beloved club, to be honest.

If Tim's brain goes nuts next season again, or Green is not ready for First Grade, and the fact we lost Morris...Now we at least have a good back-up player.

Phillips

Referee
Eelementary said:

Lee Hopkins was also a very very underrated player

who rarely had a bad game.

mickdo

Coach
Eelementary said:
What does that have to do with Finch's ability?

I'm sure that, had Terrell Owens not acted like such a tool and the Eagles released him, every team in the NFL would have made a big play for him.
I pity Dallas...

parra pete

Referee
That's a Six of one, half a dozen of the other..scenario
No,I don't rate Chris Walker...sorry..and I am NOT a big fan of Tim Smith either if it comes to that...but my rating of Tim Smith is well known on the forum..so I don't want to go there...

bradeel

Juniors
All of you who are driving yourselves nuts at our recruitment and retention work over the past month might want to consider this thread posted in the general NRL discussion forum. Apologies if someone has already done this, but to me it cast a heck of a lot of perspective on a topic that is causing us immense grief at the moment. Basically it seems as though noone but Souths and Titans fans would be particularly happy with their lot for next season...

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=148115

parra pete

Referee
Get the blinkers off with Tim Smith..Analyse his 2006 form and tell me in all honesty you consider his form has been of a first grade NRL halfback....
If your answer is yes, "That'll do me...."
The other bloke played in two soo and won a man of the match in one. (or at least should have..can't recall if he did or didn't)
Compare the two players on 2006 form.......That's right, no comparison....

Latest posts