What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First coach sacked 2024

Penrith fan

Juniors
Bennett will die coaching and South Sydney need his style.

Some of these new age Woke players only respond to a hug and a "The whole world is against you, it's not fair" attitude.

Bennett can do that.

speedster

Juniors
Bennett is about 197 years old. Surely its time to retire.
He is still proving the doubters wrong. Where are the Dolphins situated on the ladder currently again? If he still feels up to coaching, then he's not too old. He's an evergreen and a dead set beauty. Souths need him desperately and he's about the only one capable of injecting life back into that deflating club.

speedster

Juniors
While simultaneously telling Reynolds how good Brisbane is, how much he'd love it up there, and how good it'd be for his family....
Only after Souths shorted him with an insulting offer that broke his heart. History now proves that was a disastrous decision.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
He is still proving the doubters wrong. Where are the Dolphins situated on the ladder currently again? If he still feels up to coaching, then he's not too old. He's an evergreen and a dead set beauty. Souths need him desperately and he's about the only one capable of injecting life back into that deflating club.
He'll die in the coaches box.

We are round 5 and the Dolphins are doing well (you can only beat the team in front of you) but the draw will even put over the coming two months. Let’s look at the table come origin time to see how the Fins are really travelling.

Cowboyz

Juniors
I’ll admit I’m a bit skeptical of McGuire. I remember when Bellamy coached origin who had no experience with origin and how bad he was. I wasn’t even a senior in high school at the time but I was starting to really understand how the game worked. I was just shaking my head at how awful Bellamy was. Admittedly Madge has had success at the Kiwis but I’m still a bit skeptical
How was it bad coaching? The Blues were up against the best Maroons side in Origin history.

speedster

Juniors
We are round 5 and the Dolphins are doing well (you can only beat the team in front of you) but the draw will even put over the coming two months. Let’s look at the table come origin time to see how the Fins are really travelling.
Of course. Still, just like Souths are also tacking on last year's results and not just basing their thoughts on 5 matches alone, so should we also with the new franchise who have been batting above their average from the outset. I predict they will make the 8 this year.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Bennett is about 197 years old. Surely its time to retire.
philip.jpg

Reflector

Bench
From all reports Jack Gibson rarely ever sprayed people or his teams. He used understatement to the maximum on most things. One Eels game, Parramatta came in at halftime after playing so poorly they were down by 10-15 points. The players all expected him to have a go at them, but he left them sitting there alone for most of the break. When he came in, they were due to run back out and all he apparently said was "you know what you have to do". The Eels went out and won the game.
I've heard that story. I wouldn't want to hear Jack's half-time speeches for entertainment value, more just to observe how a master dealt with his team as a collective and his players as individuals - especially when the team were losing or playing badly up to then...