What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Broncos

shane1970

Juniors
No wonder we lost today...look at how many players the Broncos had:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/game/0,26977,NRL20080507-5016308,00.html

:lol:
It certainly seemed as though there was more than one of each player today - Whilst they were absolutely CARVING us up the middle of the ruck. It might just have been the second Nick Kenny listed that was the invisible one that took Wes out in that tackle that the ref, TWO touch judges and the video ref missed when we were attacking and with momentum:crazy:

Vuna is either injured or playing like he doesn't want to be injured. All he has done in the last 3 weeks is crab across the field , then look to pass it or take a surrender tackle. Its like now he has a contract the edge is out of his play.

Lulia could be anything or could be nothing.., if he doesnt drop 2 balls today he probably comes out with a draw against hodges , instead he comes out looking poor - main reason imo is his concentration, i dont think he expected either pass today , hence he dropped them badly... hes not a 1st grader yet, needs 12 months in reserve grade as the "go to", centre , so he works on his handling and maybe he can do the job next year.

shane1970

Juniors
The Broncos certainly lived up to there 'tag' as the most disciplined team this year only giving away 2 penalties all game. Now that's an effort.

perverse

Referee
Lulia could be anything or could be nothing.., if he doesnt drop 2 balls today he probably comes out with a draw against hodges , instead he comes out looking poor - main reason imo is his concentration, i dont think he expected either pass today , hence he dropped them badly... hes not a 1st grader yet, needs 12 months in reserve grade as the "go to", centre , so he works on his handling and maybe he can do the job next year.
they weren't just drop balls, they were fair dinkum howlers that cost us big time.

definitely needs at least 12 months in reggies.

JW

Coach
Bad luck blokes.

Some silly mistakes but also some quite promising passages of play from the Knights. Didn't come as close as the last two attempts, but that's the third week in a row where overall your lads have put in a fairly competitive performance. Unlucky not to get a win out of one those three games.

I wouldn't be too worried though - given the way most punters were completely writing the Knights off pre-season (for the record I wasn't one of them, lol), you're yet to be convincingly out-played over a full 80 against some decent line-ups, like true contenders for the spoon would.

A bit more polishing up of a few areas, an ease in injuries and you should be right. Still the dark horse of the comp in my opinion.

Best of luck for next week.

PS - Kidley looks a goer for a Test bench spot I reckon. Just don't let him near a kicking tee!

perverse

Referee
Bad luck blokes.

Some silly mistakes but also some quite promising passages of play from the Knights. Didn't come as close as the last two attempts, but that's the third week in a row where overall your lads have put in a fairly competitive performance. Unlucky not to get a win out of one those three games.

I wouldn't be too worried though - given the way most punters were completely writing the Knights off pre-season (for the record I wasn't one of them, lol), you're yet to be convincingly out-played over a full 80 against some decent line-ups, like true contenders for the spoon would.

A bit more polishing up of a few areas, an ease in injuries and you should be right. Still the dark horse of them comp in my opinion.

Best of luck for next week.
:clap:

cheers mate. your mob will be there in september, don't worry about that. fantastic team as always.

Bicey_18

Bench
Interesting stat....

In our 3 losses we have scored exactly the same number of tries as the opposition but goalkicking as let us down in a big way.. I think Wes needs to step up in the position imo

Apey

Staff member
Interesting stat....

In our 3 losses we have scored exactly the same number of tries as the opposition but goalkicking as let us down in a big way.. I think Wes needs to step up in the position imo

look at the stats of this game, we dominated the broncos in pretty much everything.

Unfortunately, the line breaks we got weren't all tries :crazy:

Bicey_18

Bench
We have the making of a fantastic side... We have great qualities in our side that is so important to be a top 8 side, at the moment we are not fully there but I think come mid-season we will have those qualities. Heart is a major factor.. something we havent had in so many years.. seriously how many of those games we lost would we have been competitive in till the end in the past? Not many....

We have been behind in every game this season only to claw back but in the last 3 weeks it has been too much. In our three losses we have scored the final try of the game, which shows we are competitive right till the end. Our biggest loss has been 12 points.. and while no loss is a good loss, its showing signs that we are heading in the right direction.

As mentioned elsewhere.. We have scored the exact same number of tries as the winning team in our three losses only to have our conversions suffer.. We kick those goals and we be 5-0..

Our team is on the up.. we know that, we just have to be patient. We forget that we are a fairly new side that has been put together of course we will have a few teething problems but eventually we will outgrow them.

We will make our charge this season.. no doubts. We may just miss the 8 or nab a spot in it, either way we will go very close. Our attack is starting to come together which is a positive and our defence needs a little more work but with key players back e.g Simmo we will be fine.

I had a dream a few nights ago that we played unbelievable footy against the Titans at EAS.. everything clicked and we looked like a top 4 side, I recall Warren Smith saying "Oh the Knights, turning it on for their fans here in Newcastle.. if this is what they are capable of they could very well be looking at a top 8 birth"...

I think the Titans game will be the start of our good footy.. well I hope anyways lol

keeney

First Grade
Put a top quality centre in the team that played tody and I think we could have won an extremely high scoring game.

Latest posts