What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Broncos

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
ha awesome! jason stevens just tipped us for the weekend and gave bails huge wraps on nrl on fox... warren smith and greg alexander tipped broncs though... pffft

All three of those guys are dribblers, they just agree with whatever the media says. And they nearly always pick the favourites and every game is a 'tough game' according to them.

knights_86

Juniors
All three of those guys are dribblers, they just agree with whatever the media says. And they nearly always pick the favourites and every game is a 'tough game' according to them.

ha yeah that is so true.. every game is 'tough'.. warren smiths tipping record is woeful. i was just in disbelief that one of them actually tipped us for once.. even though we are much improved team from last year it seems that most league 'experts' still don't rate us at all, ah well thats their loss.

Yosh

Coach
I acutally never liked Lulia that much... Doesnt seem explosive, he is big and strong but and B. Smith has some kind of fetish with big strong centres even if they not that fast or brilliant with fancy footwork... I dont mind really, I just want to see Aku in FG:sarcasm:

I think we can definately win this week, no lockyer equals headless chickens however Wallace might bring a halt to that a little I fear... Still we should win, gritty game not many tries and Vuna to score the winning try, running over 200m with the ball due to stepping in and out beating 14 players on the way to the line (twice around Hodges just because I dispise him)

Johns Magic

Referee
I saw some good signs from Lulia in the last few weeks, but really he didn't get a lot of opportunities.

I'd say he's one who could come good.

keeney

First Grade
I like centres who can set up their outside man. Lulia just looks like a big, kinda fast lump of a lad without that ability.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Latest news from Newy is that Scotty is in quite a lot of doubt. If he pulls out, Kidley will go to halfback, Wes to fullback and Lulia into the centres ...

Read in the main game, that Buderus didnt train all week due to cork, but is confident of playing. Dureu is being evaluated either today or tomorrow and is 50/50, also Mullen came to Smith y'day and said he wants to play as he is greatly improved, but Smith believes it will be a miracle if he does.

macavity

Referee
... and we will lose.

my mail is Scotty will definately play

and Mullo is a slight chance.

Sounding pessemistic with this preparation I really cant see us winning against the bronc's but will be happy to be proven wrong.

Jono078

Referee
Mullen wont play IMO, Smith has wanted Bailey in the team it would seem, and now he has him there he will probably tell Mullen to take the week off.

Gidley to halfback is wrong, gotta go with Walsh first IMO.

Burwood

Bench
Keen to see how another player goes at fullback. Kidley is a good player, but I still don't think that he does anything special at fullback- especially when compared to the other top-tiered players running around in the same position. Will be interesting to see what a player like Naiqama with a bit more size, strength, speed etc adds to the team if he gets a run at fullback.

macavity

Referee
Scotty WILL play.

believe it or not Mullo is up and running, he and med staff will make a final decision after today's session. looks 50/50 at this stage. if he is cleared he will play. bailey chance for bench - Royal or Tolar to drop out.

MC DUI

Juniors
Latest news from Newy is that Scotty is in quite a lot of doubt. If he pulls out, Kidley will go to halfback, Wes to fullback and Lulia into the centres ...

If that happens we are screwed... :crazy:

Hopefully Dureau is fine, if not then I'd prefer Walsh got a run.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Scotty WILL play.

believe it or not Mullo is up and running, he and med staff will make a final decision after today's session. looks 50/50 at this stage. if he is cleared he will play. bailey chance for bench - Royal or Tolar to drop out.
That's incredible. We've gone from Scotty in severe doubt - Kidley to halfback, to Scotty a definite and Mullo an outside chance of making the world's quickest recovery from a torn calf muscle.

keeney

First Grade
Kidley is the number one metre gainer in the comp, to say he doesn't add much from fullback is stupid. His footwork and ability to insert himself are invaluabale to our teams success.

perverse

Referee
Kidley is the number one metre gainer in the comp, to say he doesn't add much from fullback is stupid. His footwork and ability to insert himself are invaluabale to our teams success.
well said.

gidley at halfback must be a cruel joke that smith is playing with the media. dureau has shown more class at halfback in his 4 or 5 games than gidley showed in the halves outside one of the greatest players to ever play the game.

ok... im exaggerating... kids did have some quality games outside joey... but i mean dureau has been fantastic from where i'm sitting.

Latest posts