What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Sharks Round 7

K-Man

Bench
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
not the best knights team ive seen over the last ten years.
doesnt the team look so much thinner without johns?
i dont think the knights can win this in my opinion.
its a rebuilding phase, sharks by 18

You don't need to say "i don't think" and "in my opinion" in the one statement - they mean the same thing.

I've been going through old grand finals lately, it's very nostalgic. Don't suppose you have any Sharks' grand final DVDs you could lend me?

Bicey_18

Bench
runatme said:
sharks by plenty

Statements like that usually come back and bite you on the a$$

I really dont think we are travelling that bad as some suggest.... look who we have played in the first 6 rounds.

* Bulldogs - 2nd
* Dragons - 6th
* Raiders - 7th
* Storm - 1st
* Souths -
* Broncos - 3rd

We have played most of last year's top 3 sides, the Rabbits who have been good all year ,a red hot Raiders side who would have blown away side off the park and most importantly the biggest factor some are overlooking is that fact that we have had no Andrew Johns.....

In the past we struggle to compete with any sides let alone a Storm or Broncos side.. usually we get belted but we have had one bad display and others were gutsy, just lacked the killer punch.

Things are looking so bright for the club atm... next year when we purchases some new blood we will look stronger. Add to the list guys like Uate, Snowden, Ling, Walsh, Dureau etc.. can only see good things ahead

K-Man

Bench
runatme said:
havent heard that one before

Haven't heard the "can't win without Johns" one before either :roll:

The difference is that we are now 6/8 minus Johns, but you guys still haven't won a premiership.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Poffosbiggestfan said:
:lol:!!! Beebs, you said exactly the same thing in the trial. Yes, I know it was only a trial, but we proved to you that we aren't easybeats without Johns.

listen Poffo, whoever u might be, this is a vastly different Sharks side we are talking about.

we have probably the best coach in the last 38 years Ricky Stuart on our side, and his implemented a new style which sees us as the 2nd best defensive side going round. A side which put 50 on you couldnt put a point on us. does this tell you somthing Poffo? does it??? you tell me poff?? does it??

iv had a glance at both sides and i cant see a position besides probably hooker where u r better than us in. Knights can keep praying it will rain to stop the Sharks exciting ball movement, but even then I dont see the Knights taking this one. the knights are psychologically a bit intimidated by the sharks after the events that took place at Energy Australia stadium last year.

sharks by 18

Misanthrope

Staff member
we have probably the best coach in the last 38 years Ricky Stuart on our sid

The man who won a premiership first year out and then ran his side into the ground before jumping ship? Yeah, he's a superstar. Reminds me of Michael Hagan.

Parki

Bench
the knights are psychologically a bit intimidated by the sharks after the events that took place at Energy Australia stadium last year.

what where you drunken ratbags f**ked our fence? cheers mate thanks for reminding me... maybe management can pass on the tab to you guys on monday

nickdemonknight

Juniors
the knights are psychologically a bit intimidated by the sharks after the events that took place at Energy Australia stadium last year.

Greg Bird will be psychologically intimidated after being smashed last year at shark park.

Ben

Bench
we have probably the best coach in the last 38 years Ricky Stuart on our sid
I think you may have forgotten Jack Gibson. If Supercoach couldnt even win your guys a Premiership who's to say that Stuart will.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
listen Poffo, whoever u might be, this is a vastly different Sharks side we are talking about.

we have probably the best coach in the last 38 years Ricky Stuart on our side, and his implemented a new style which sees us as the 2nd best defensive side going round. A side which put 50 on you couldnt put a point on us. does this tell you somthing Poffo? does it??? you tell me poff?? does it??

iv had a glance at both sides and i cant see a position besides probably hooker where u r better than us in. Knights can keep praying it will rain to stop the Sharks exciting ball movement, but even then I dont see the Knights taking this one. the knights are psychologically a bit intimidated by the sharks after the events that took place at Energy Australia stadium last year.

sharks by 18
You keep talking your side up Beebs, keep talking them up. I'm more than happy for you to do this.

2nd best defensive side? Yeah that might be true and you lot have looked pretty good too. But while you're throwing around facts which when the players run out on Monday will mean absolutely nothing at all, let me throw this one at you.

You played Souths at home yeah? And Souths beat you 26-16?

We played Souths away from home and beat them 23-22. Sure, its only by the barest of margins, but its still better than the performance you mob put in. Also, yes I know you lot are in fifth position and us tenth, but the fact still remains is that both teams are 3-3. Promises to be a very good game Beebs regardless of the fact you think you lot only need to turn up to get the points.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
I hate it when you like a team and idiot fans open their big mouths and you find yourself looking for things in the Sharks (in this case) game and past that you can use against said assholes (BBSF). Shut your mouth

Ben Cummins isn't in control is he?

jedman1

----
hi guys, sharks supporter hear, just thought id cruise over and check out your forum. Interesting reading. Ill be at the mon night game. Should be a bit diff to the last trial, even though u guys won that game it was only cause sticky blooded a heap of our young guys after half time ( 2 of our 1st grade squad were left i think) 1st half went our way pretty convincingly. Hopeing Jarrod steps up for u guys, he certainly has the potential. Just hope he hits full stride after u play us. Anyway lets hope for a good game with no injuries and lots of big hits.lololo. Watch out for Birdy.

roboshark

Coach
Guys how do you think the knights will back up from last week.....wil they have a letdown after the johns tribute night, or will they be happy that is behind them and put in a better effort......i think the sharks will win either way but not overly confident.
we have a better record at EAS in the last few years than prior...interested to know how you think the knights will back up

Ben

Bench
Well nothing came out in the media following the game, but i wouldnt be surprised if all of the players had a sombre feeling in their gut that they let Joey down. Expect a big performance from the boys this week.

Yosh

Coach
I think we can win. Doesnt really matter what I think I guess, only monday night result matters. Cant wait, I hate the sharks. Just one of those teams I just really hate which include raiders as well, I dont understand why I hate them so much.

Pika

Bench
It would have nothing to do with the confidence or their supporters online I bet.....

Jono078

Referee
Wow!

our 5/8th is Riley Brown

Our bench is

Royal
Snowden
Taufua
Young

A wild bench, never saw it coming! Excited to see how they go though, especially Snowden and Taufua.

I'm expecting to see a fight in this game with the forward pack each team has!

Quoted by me from the NRL forum :D

Gee's if we dont get smashed tonight the sharks should be out of the comp, with the amount of first grade in that bench group we might as well have 4 debutants....

Honest too goodness.

Latest posts