What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Sharks

K-Man

Bench
That's exactly what we are. The Cronulla Sharks of 2007 reincarnated into the Newcastle Knights 2008.

And it hurts bad.

There's now way any other team has been more impressive against the top 4 teams this season than us. Our matches against Sharks, Eagles, Roosters and Storm would have all four of those sides hoping we don't scrape into the finals.

If I were an opposition coach I'd rather play the full strength Dragons over the full strength Knights any day.

Burwood

Bench
Well I can tell you is our biggest wins this season have only been by 12 Points. Against the Cowboys and last week against the Panthers. Bother coincidently the same scoreline. 30-18

How about our 16 and 14 point wins against Canberra and Roosters? :shock:

Karmawave

Bench
Next month. Australia's playing 3 One Dayers against Bangladesh in Darwin

Thank f*ck for that, because seeing a few subcontinental batsmen who can't bat and a few subcontinental bowlers who can't bowl, is still more exciting than some of the brand of football a few of the NRL teams dish up week to week.

For every Eels v Broncos game from earlier in the season, there's 4 snoozefest games to make up for it. The Sharks being just about the most boring team in like...ever.

Karmawave

Bench
And the worst of it is, the most boring teams are sitting 1,2,3 4 on the premiership table. The Storm can be brilliant due to individual skill like Inglis and Slater, but their style of football is borrrrrrrrring ( especially in their own half ). Manly - enough said. Roosters / Sharks. Kickathon anyone?

Teams are being rewarded for mistake free, boring football that is scoring most of their points from kicks.

Sadly, the teams I love watching play football ( because the actually play football ), the Eels, Knights, Rabbitohs, Tigers aren't in the 8.

That says alot about our game.

roboshark

Coach
And the worst of it is, the most boring teams are sitting 1,2,3 4 on the premiership table. The Storm can be brilliant due to individual skill like Inglis and Slater, but their style of football is borrrrrrrrring ( especially in their own half ). Manly - enough said. Roosters / Sharks. Kickathon anyone?

Teams are being rewarded for mistake free, boring football that is scoring most of their points from kicks.

Sadly, the teams I love watching play football ( because the actually play football ), the Eels, Knights, Rabbitohs, Tigers aren't in the 8.

That says alot about our game.

:lol: u cant be serious

Jono078

Referee
Plus, Eels play good football? :lol:

They've been one of the worst teams to watch bar 2-3 games!

Karmawave

Bench
:lol: u cant be serious

I'm 100% serious.

The 2008 Sharks are probably the most boring team I've ever seen play first grade rugby league. They are ranked 16th in attack, line breaks and offloads. :lol:

The Storm tactics while successful can be boring, and I'm certainly not the only one who thinks it - Peter Sterling dedicated an entire newspaper column to it one day a few months ago.

The Sea Eagles can be exciting at times thanks to Brett Stewart - the rest of their game is Storm Part 2.

And the Roosters, well they don't seem to score tries from anything other than kicks.

The Top 4 teams are overall boring to watch. Sadly they have success by being boring, while those who throw the footy around a bit, like Souths and the Tigers ( and in a few earlier season games the Eels ), are losing...

Unfortunately, that's just the way to succeed in modern day rugby league.

The best game of the season was that Broncos v Eels Friday night game - it was incredible. That's why I say the Eels.

Last edited:

Karmawave

Bench
Plus, Eels play good football? :lol:

They've been one of the worst teams to watch bar 2-3 games!

The Broncos v Eels Friday night game that Lockyer kicked for a try in the 80th minute has been so far ahead of any game of footy this year its not even funny.

It had everything. Recent form aside, I can see why they were programmed for alot of TV games seeing as though the schedule was made weeks in advance and at the time of scheduling they were putting up games of footy like the one against the Broncos.

What about the Eels v Knights Friday night game that went to golden point early season?!

That was in the top 3 games of the season as well.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah I said bar a few games, the Broncos one is probably game of the year.

If you want an exciting team. Watch the Raiders. They play the Roosters at 2pm on Fox Sports today.

They play really good footy, especially now that their centers are on fire.

Karmawave

Bench
Yeah I said bar a few games, the Broncos one is probably game of the year.

If you want an exciting team. Watch the Raiders. They play the Roosters at 2pm on Fox Sports today.

They play really good footy, especially now that their centers are on fire.

I like watching the Raiders too. And Warriors.

Again, unfortunately they all have something in common - outside the 8, and that's the crux of my disappointment.

imasharkie

Coach
Zeb Taia should be cited for his "Riley Brown" tackle on Paul Gallen in the last tackle of the night which almost caused a brawl. The ref had already called held.

Pika

Bench
Zeb Taia should be cited for his "Riley Brown" tackle on Paul Gallen in the last tackle of the night which almost caused a brawl. The ref had already called held.

No doubt Gallen was taking time out from his charity work to help an elderly woman across the street when the incident occurred.

Thats the quality person he is. Noone deserves a 'prowler', especially a saint like Gallen.

The angels will be weeping over this incident for decades.