What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Sharks

Johns Magic

Referee
Looks like he still needs to work on his defence

I thought it was more Sau and the other guys inside who were responsible for that try. Sure, Uate missed the tackle, but he was in two minds because at the end of the day it was a tackle he shouldn't have had to make when there was an unmarked winger outside him.

Karmawave

Bench
I think we found out the answer as to why it's taken so long for Uate to make his first grade debut...

Just check out the first Sharks try. He was more of a turnstile than Jamie Soward.

Frederick

Staff member
Wicks just had his best half of football for us:
3 tackles, 0 missed
4 hitups
58 metres

TooheysNew

Coach
I thought it was more Sau and the other guys inside who were responsible for that try. Sure, Uate missed the tackle, but he was in two minds because at the end of the day it was a tackle he shouldn't have had to make when there was an unmarked winger outside him.
Agreed. There's no excuse for isolating your winger like that.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think we found out the answer as to why it's taken so long for Uate to make his first grade debut...

Just check out the first Sharks try. He was more of a turnstile than Jamie Soward.

Pretty harsh assessment Karma when he was pretty much left to mark on 2 players. He was clearly in 2 minds on who to take, hard to come up with effective defence in that situation.

Karmawave

Bench
Agreed. There's no excuse for isolating your winger like that.

yeah but all the same, you'd like to think he could still make a better attempt of tackle than the one he made... yeah?

One earlier in the match just in a standard set of 6 was similar when he wasn't isolated.

It was like a black Soward.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I know I will probably sound like a sore loser but the penalty that gave the Sharks the lead was a dead set joke. In saying that we really didnt offer much in attack so maybe we were meant to lose it. I dunno. I like the committment of most of the players but we really need to stop giving away penalties at the worst times. Our handling was much better tonight on the plus side.

Jono078

Referee
Their first penalty was a joke. To think that turned the game and got them in the lead makes me sick.

They out muscled us all night, we were making probably 30m per set while they were making double that each set.

I thought Mullen had one of his best games for us, shame he went down injured.

I hate when we are in games then lose them. Making the finals will be hard now, we need to win the next 4 straight which I think is very possible.

IanG

Coach
Well another thread said it. Same old story. Ill discipline cost us again. Cuz 2 tries a piece you can't question the effort in defense. With a few key players out. I think it was simply a case of once again no luck going our way.

Talk about frustration.

K-Man

Bench
Shame that we will be what the Sharks were last year, a team that really competes, only ever loses games by a few points but doesn't make the 8.

What is the biggest winning/losing margin of all our games this season? Can't be bothered to check now, but surely we would have close to the smallest margin difference of all sides.

And I don't just mean For and Against, because that can be balanced out by big wins and big losses - I mean the average winning or losing margin in our games, it would be tiny.

In 3 matches I think we have scoerd the same number of tries as the opposition but lost. Even just reversing that stat would have us in the finals.

Frustrating season in so many ways.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I wonder if the Knights management have lent Smithy $10,000 so he can finally have his say on the refereeing. I can imagine he would be seething.

Karmawave

Bench
Shame that we will be what the Sharks were last year, a team that really competes, only ever loses games by a few points but doesn't make the 8.

That's exactly what we are. The Cronulla Sharks of 2007 reincarnated into the Newcastle Knights 2008.

IanG

Coach
Well I can tell you is our biggest wins this season have only been by 12 Points. Against the Cowboys and last week against the Panthers. Bother coincidently the same scoreline. 30-18

Latest posts