What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Warriors

Frederick

Staff member
First Grade Knights v Warriors

Tuesday, 1 April 2008 - Newcastle Knights

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS V NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland
Sunday April 6, 2008
Kick off 2.00pm AEST
Coach: Brian Smith
  1. Kurt Gidley
  2. James McManus
  3. Wes Naiqama
  4. Keith Lulia
  5. Cooper Vuna
  6. Jarrod Mullen
  7. Scott Dureau
  8. Daniel Tolar
  9. Danny Buderus (c)
  10. Jesse Royal
  11. Chris Houston
  12. Cameron Ciraldo
  13. Zeb Taia
Interchange:
  1. Matt Hilder
  2. Cory Paterson
  3. Richie Fa'aoso
  4. Danny Wicks
  5. Adam MacDougall
LINK

3 weeks in a row. That's gotta be some kind of record for us.

keeney

First Grade
Considering 2 weeks was a record last week.... Yes, yes it is. God we'd be a solid looking team at full strength with one more quality centre.

Spike

First Grade
Yeah, I'm happy enough with the same 17. It's going to be one of those physical matches with the forwards so Wicks may prove his worth against the Warriors.

Karmawave

Bench
McManus is the one who needs to pull his finger out for mine.

To be honest, Luke McDougall when fully fit and firing ( read fully fit and in BEST form ), is a better footballer than McManus. In fact, at his best, he would be our best winger in the club.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Everyone is gonna have to lift 10% to win this one. Warriors will be out to proove a point and if they get in that point-scoring mood then they will be hard to stop. We have to dominate early.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Karmawave said:
McManus is the one who needs to pull his finger out for mine.

To be honest, Luke McDougall when fully fit and firing ( read fully fit and in BEST form ), is a better footballer than McManus. In fact, at his best, he would be our best winger in the club.

I rate Mcmanus higher then Mad Pup. It's just gonna take Wes and Jimmy some time to build a combination and that will bring Mcmanus into the game more.

He is solid at the back, if the ball goes in the air to Jimmy then it doesn't worry me he takes it 99% of the time, plus his our best at bringing the ball out of our own half, he doesn't run towards the sideline like Kids and doesnt run sideways like Vuna, he just gets it back as fats as he can and as hard as he can. Give him time.

Karmawave

Bench
I'm not saying McManus can't play.

On ability, and with some of the things Luke Mad Pup did with South Sydney - McManus could only dream of his talent.

Still, the odds of Luke getting to that level anytime soon seem remote.

Right now, McManus is the better player , but to me, not the better footballer. It will take a lot for Luke to get back to the footballer he should be.

League_God

Juniors
f**k. mcmanus is bland and boring!
i agree about the high ball and the hard running.
but he is slow as sh*t!
and has never made a break in his life!
and never looks like making one!
do you people not realise!!!
if wes was to pass, jimmy would be gobbled up by defence within 12 metres no exaggeration!

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
The diffrence between Mcmanus and little doogs is power and skill. Would proberly take an inform little doogs over Mcmanus.

Pika

Bench
Its tough with Jim.

He does all the hard things right and well, but when it comes to the finishing.....

Carting the ball up on rabbit sets, quick plays of the ball, meters gained in his own 20m, all the tough stuff noone cares about, he does this as well as any.

But the stuff that really counts, big breaks and quality finishes, the glory.....

Usually with wingers its the other way around.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
I rate Mcmanus higher then Mad Pup. It's just gonna take Wes and Jimmy some time to build a combination and that will bring Mcmanus into the game more.

He is solid at the back, if the ball goes in the air to Jimmy then it doesn't worry me he takes it 99% of the time, plus his our best at bringing the ball out of our own half, he doesn't run towards the sideline like Kids and doesnt run sideways like Vuna, he just gets it back as fats as he can and as hard as he can. Give him time.

I really used to rate McManus as well, but he sought of reeks of Todd Polglase does nothing wrong and always trys his guts out however. Adds none of the spark and vibrance that your quality wingers do.

I dont understand people wanting him to be a centre this year its been noticeable his been getting dominated when he runs the ball.

PL for him and either promote Uate or Maddpup with the exception of Jimmy we have a big strong fast backline, he definately is at odds and ends with our current 1-5.

Just my oppinion.

Pika said:
Carting the ball up on rabbit sets, quick plays of the ball, meters gained in his own 20m, all the tough stuff noone cares about, he does this as well as any.

Craig Hall anyone?

Karmawave

Bench
Luke McDougall is no slouch at the tough stuff in his own end either. Except he has the attacking ability with it.

Latest posts