What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Team Round 19

keeney

First Grade
Supposedly it's Abes dropping to 18th man, which is disgraceful. I don't even understand how that's possible, surely it was an indirect swap, Simmo for Reyno? Where do we get the extras?

I'm refering to the article in the Smith attacking geese thread.

antonius

Coach
Yep Abes is 18th man according to the morning paper.
Team is now
1. Kidley
2. McManus
19. Carmont
4. McDougal
5. Vuna
3. Tighe
7. Walsh
13. Tanner
12. Taia
20. Paterson
10. Woolnough
9. Seu Seu
8. Sargent

Bench
14. Young
16. Royal
17. White
21. Reynolson
6. Abraham.

roopy

Referee
It's an interesting side.
I expect Young to have more time than Seu Seu and Tighe must have shown he still has a good kicking game in training to push out Abes.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Or brian smith is making more idiotic selections for the team, Hagan style. What i think will happen is brad Tighe will go into 5/8th, completely stifling any chance of the backline to get any ball. We all know Tighe can't pass a certain way.

Kazaf

Juniors
Anyone know what time it'll be broadcasted on Fox?
Is it live at 7:30 or delayed at 9:30.

I've been reading and pretty confused. One source says its live at 7:30 while the other at 9:30?

Someone help me out!

Pumba

First Grade
Kazaf said:
Anyone know what time it'll be broadcasted on Fox?
Is it live at 7:30 or delayed at 9:30.

I've been reading and pretty confused. One source says its live at 7:30 while the other at 9:30?

Someone help me out!

7:30 using Viewers Choice

Bicey_18

Bench
Again.... field goal way too early and we blew it
Lets forfeit the rest of this pathetic season and concentrate on next year

CycloneSteve

Juniors
A Roosters "mate" just SMS'ed me and spoiled the result. I WAS planning on going down to the club to watch it and the soccer at the same time. Ah well. I agree with Bicey lets just move on to 2008. Melbourne have this years comp in the bag.

keeney

First Grade
There were some highlights to tonight. Disappointing result but eh... Paterson was phenomenal, his hit ups even seemed to have more yardage in em than usual. Fantastic cover tackle on Wing to save the game. Walsh was strong again, Sargent and White looked alright too.

I must say though, lol @ Tupou, 8 tackles and 6 hitups for the game. Good value for money there.

Burwood

Bench
Good effort from the boys- Carmont has been impressive since he returned, while Sargent is starting to get back into his stride. Vuna also looks like he could develop into quite a good winger. Just a couple of criticisms:
- Walsh needs to work on his running game, which has become virtually non-existant in recent weeks.
- Did Tighe play? The only time I saw him was getting the ball in the set piece from a scrum.
- What was with Seu Seu kicking from dummy half? 2/2 went straight down the throat of the winger/fullback. Leave it to the big boys next week, Terrance.

cram

Bench
I noticed Sergeant alot in the first half but not so much in the second, was he out there much??

IanG

Coach
Definatly disappointing that we got beaten. Definatly a case of beaten but not disgraced. Our young blokes put up a good effort. Could've had it won though. With a number of top line players out though they gave a good account of themselves.

Next week will be more of a test thought. The Warriors in Auckland. Wonder how many of our key players will be back

Jono078

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
Tighe is dead set USELESS! Piss him off. NOW!

Panthers are going to enjoy his playing! :roll:
Gotta agree Gene.

He really annoyed me tonight. I hate how he sits back in defence aswell, when they were looking to rush up he'd stay back which forced others around him to stay back.

And in general offered nothing.

Can't beleive im saying this, but Carmont is playing out of his skin and shouldnt make way for Tighe.

Ranger Jace

Juniors
What about Tanner taking a hit up in the second half and getting smashed by the centre? That was funny lol.