What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade V Doggies

Knights v Bulldogs First Grade Round 3

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - Newcastle Knights

NEWCASTLE v BULLDOGS AT ENERGYAUSTRALIA STADIUM
7.30PM FRIDAY, 24 MARCH 2006
FIRST GRADE
Coach: Michael Hagan
  1. Milton Thaiday
  2. Brian Carney
  3. Matthew Gidley
  4. George Carmont
  5. Anthony Quinn
  6. Kurt Gidley
  7. Andrew Johns (C)
  8. Craig Smith
  9. Danny Buderus
  10. Josh Perry
  11. Steve Simpson
  12. Kirk Reynoldson
  13. Reegan Tanner
Interchange:
  1. Adam Woolnough
  2. Daniel Tolar
  3. Riley Brown
  4. Todd Lowrie

WooKiie

Juniors
Quinn is still in.? wasn't he cited... or did they successfully fight the charge... but yea, thats like an unchanged side from rounds 1 and 2...good stuff...

RABK

Referee
Hagan always names players off to the judiciary....

Buderus Leads Knights Defence

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - Newcastle Knights

Tireless defender, Danny Buderus is expected to play a key role against the Bulldogs, as the Newcastle Knights chase their third straight victory at EnergyAustralia Stadium this Friday night, March 24, at 7.30pm.

The Novocastrians celebrated a record breaking 70 – 32 win against the Raiders in the nation’s capital last Sunday, arriving home to a short turn-around with just four days to prepare for Round Three.

“There were some soft tries scored up the middle last Sunday and I expect Danny to be leading by example in that area of the park”, said Knights coach, Michael Hagan.

“With the likes of Willie Mason, Mark O’Meley and Roy Asotasi running at us all night, we’ll need to be on our guard for the entire 80 minutes.”

Friday night is also expected to see another outstanding achievement in the career of Knights Captain, Andrew Johns.

Johns heads into the match on 1,998 career points, with a chance to enter the history books on his home ground by reaching the 2,000 milestone.

Meanwhile, the Newcastle Knights will defend winger Anthony Quinn at the NRL judiciary tomorrow night.

Quinn will plead not guilty to a grade one dangerous throw charge from the 27th minute of last Sunday’s Knights / Raiders match.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=735&zoneid=1

Jesfery

Juniors
Wish I knew who they're intending on naming should the trip to the judiciary fail. I'm hoping is Seage.

At any time last year did we field the exact same
Team in 3 consecutive weeks?
How good is it see the boys fit and playing well as a team,
Sorry dudes, I'm just a little too excited.........

Technically it isnt 3 big clint isnt their and there's a good chance that Mr Quinn wont be either.

But its a damn lot closer then what we've managed in recent history.

Jono078

Referee
Just on Woolnough.. He almost ALWAYS scores against the Dogs, so ill be putting some money on him :).

Not a bad lineup.. I like how Hagan hasnt said an 18th man just incase Quinn aint there, keeps the Dogs guessing.

RABK

Referee
NRL REFEREE APPOINTMENTS ROUND 3
21 March 2006
GAME: Newcastle Knights V Bulldogs
DATE: Friday 24th March 2006
Venue: Energy Australia Stadium
Kick-Off First Grade: 7.30pm [ Ch9]
Referee: Steve Clark
Colour: B/G
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy, Russell Turner
Video Referee: Chris Ward

Johns Magic

Referee
Someone needs to take over Newton's role and steamroll Sherwin. Simpson seems the only capable back-rower of doing this, but his defence is too valuable.

Josh Perry to the fore.

RABK

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Someone needs to take over Newton's role and steamroll Sherwin. Simpson seems the only capable back-rower of doing this, but his defence is too valuable.

Josh Perry to the fore.

Look for Johns to use the Gidley Carney combo has a dummy before slipping an inside ball to a player like Simpson or Lowrie to steamroll through the line. He used that to create quite few tries and linebreaks last week. Johns and Milton will test the bulldogs line themselves quite a bit, some of the Bulldogs forwards are very suspect close to the line or when the defenc eis on the backfoot - O'Meley, Asotasi, Mason etc. They wouldn't know what the word lateral means. Hopefully Tighe does get the call up, he can also play his part here.

antonius

Coach
Watched the tape of the Raiders game again today, and seriously Quinn is very unlucky to be cited for it, it looked more like momentum than anything else, and certainly not intentional. Have to say as well that Perry had a great game, and was the standout forward for mine, along with Simmo. I also thought Lowrie played really well, Tolar is the guy who goes most un noticed I reckon, he is very solid every game. Must admit Reyno did nothing wrong either, so I see no reason why on their current form our forwards can't more than match it with Mason and co. Look for Thaiday to run a few rings round their guys as well, they aren't the speediest bunch of players in the comp. I think we'll beat them. If Quinn goes then it's gotta be Seage to replace him.

Misanthrope

Staff member
One of the girls at work was apparently talking to Josh (Perry) and he said he was going to target Sherwin all night. Let's hope he does just that.

I assume Seage is the first choice for Quinn's wing spot should he get suspended?