What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade V Doggies

antonius

Coach
Jesfery said:
Woo up a tick here people... Since when is Kidley out? Last I heard, he had a cork and was a near definite starter.
Exactly, I've heard nothing about any of them being definately out.

Roy

Juniors
i dont think we can realy say those injuries we have had where preventable accidental knees to newton an a cork. No one can realy do much about that, it was all the strains an the pulled mucsles that where the worry.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
No one said that Kidley was definitely out. TJS said that Mullo was training with the first grade side. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a precaution while Kurt was icing his hamstring I'd say.

Johns Magic

Referee
Everyone's mentioned that it is the forwards who will need to perform in this match, naming the likes of Smith, Simpson, Buderus and Perry.

But I want to give a plug an unsung hero of the side: Dan Tolar.

The Bulldogs' power off the bench is formidable, O'Meley, Myles, Maitua. They will continue the onslaught for the entire 80 minutes, and are not in the starting side for exactly that reason. We need our bench players to stand up and be counted if we are to win this one. We can't take a step back. We can't let them get on top of us.

This is Tolar's match. His pure aggression, discipline and fire in the belly is exactly what is required to get through the tough middle stages of the clash. He and Woolough will have a big job to do on Friday night. In his career so far he has been outstanding for the side. This is where he needs to take his game to another level.

Roy

Juniors
what was the result of the hearing, was he given the two games or just one

Johns Magic

Referee
Roy said:
do you think he is capable of that though

I definitely think he has the potential. He will never be a rep-standard player like those on the Bulldogs' bench, but he has the fight in him. He won't dominate, that's not his style. But I think he can contain them.

RABK

Referee
Perhaps Quinn been suspended is a disgrace but if it's the only way that Tighe is able to get a jersey then i'm happy with that.

Johns Magic

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Perhaps Quinn been suspended is a disgrace but if it's the only way that Tighe is able to get a jersey then i'm happy with that.

Exactly. Let's hope Tighe blitzes them and demands a spot in two weeks' time.

He was so dangerous for us at the backend of last season. Our attacking potency in the outside backs revolved around him and Thaiday.

Why he wasn't in the side for Round 1 is a mystery that only Michael Hagan can answer.

Jono078

Referee
I hope Tighe isnt playing Wing, if he is Utai or El Mas will have a field day IMO.

He is like Brent Tate out on the wing, bad positional play from memory.

Btw Jobdog, when did NRL on Fox say he was in? I didnt hear that.

Johns Magic

Referee
Jono078 said:
I hope Tighe isnt playing Wing, if he is Utai or El Mas will have a field day IMO.

He is like Brent Tate out on the wing, bad positional play from memory.

Btw Jobdog, when did NRL on Fox say he was in? I didnt hear that.

I'd prefer to see Tighe at centre too, but are you saying you would prefer Carmont to have to mark Utai in defence?

2. Carney
3. Gidley
4. Tighe
5. Cooper

That should've been our backline for this week.

Jono078

Referee
Not sure, but all I can remember is Tighe being awful on the wing, positional play i mean.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Nah they didnt say that, but I took it from TJS when he said Tighe was training with the squad during the week.