What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade V Doggies

antonius

Coach
CWBush said:
One of the girls at work was apparently talking to Josh (Perry) and he said he was going to target Sherwin all night. Let's hope he does just that.

I assume Seage is the first choice for Quinn's wing spot should he get suspended?
I'd like to think so, but you never know with Hages, he may well bring Tighe up, or even Cooper, for me though I think Seage is the man, safe defensively, good attacking game, safe under the ball.

Ben

Bench
This is the game for Perry to make an impact and certify himself as a leading prop-forward in the competition. I'm expecting him to have a big game so we may see some forty metre runs by the big bloke because i've go this feeling inside me that he is going to really stand up and stamp his authority in the game.

Jono078

Referee
If Perry is out who do you think will be added to the bench? Tighe, Seage or some forward like Snowden?

RABK

Referee
Royal. Seems he is ahead of Snowden as it stands. Either would be fine, both are in great form.

Stranger

Coach
Ben said:
This is the game for Perry to make an impact and certify himself as a leading prop-forward in the competition. I'm expecting him to have a big game so we may see some forty metre runs by the big bloke because i've go this feeling inside me that he is going to really stand up and stamp his authority in the game.

Did you mention free pies or cake?

Thats definately another concern we are winning team for the moment(very early on yet) due to the lack of injuries we are having, hopefully they wont start to mount up in the next three games as Dogs, Warriors and Dragons all have very big strong forwards.

Guess we'll see how our knew resources take effect as so far the teams we've taken on havent exactly tested us yet.

I'd say that Tighe is the first choice if Quinn is out. They had some footage of the Knights training on Fox Sports News last night and I noticed both Tighe and Mullo were training with first grade.

My guess is that they aren't too confident about getting Quinny off, and Kidley is in worse shape than they are letting on.

Roy

Juniors
if mullen is playing we should put him on the bench to start an play lowrie or brown at 6.

Misanthrope

Staff member
So we're thinking something like:

1: Thaiday
2: Tighe
3: Carmont
4: Gidley
5: Carney
6: Brown
7: Johns (c)
8: Smith
9: Buderus
10: Perry
11: Simpson
12: Reynoldson
13: Tanner

14: Mullen
15: Woolnough
16: Lowrie
17: Royal

Isnt Kidley playing????

And yeah Brad Tighe should be picked based on the fact that last year he spent plenty of time on the wing.

Roy

Juniors
kidley looks to be out, i dont think royal will take tolars spot. He hasnt done anything that would deserve beeing dropped.. yet.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ah, I just forgot about Tolar. Obviously he'd be in there ahead of Royal. I like the idea of starting Riley Brown or Lowrie in five eighth and bringing on Mullen for impact - I seem to recall we were able to use it to great effect in the later stages of 2005.

The injuries begin...... Always a worrying sign first Clint now Kidley..... Though hopefully Kidleys fit the week after or better still fit this week.

We know what it was like with Peden in charge someone with a strained hamstring would be due out for a week and not return for 12! Allah Dustin Cooper last year.

I'll be very interested to see how the new mob goes and wether or not they come back fully fit or shocking like last year and get reinjured straight away.

Bicey_18

Bench
Still a very good side even without Kidley and Quinn....

Johns, Buderus, Carney, M Gidley and Simpson are still there which is comforting and im sure those 5 will fire big time esp Bedsy..

The reason why I think the Knights will pip them is a few things:

* Huge home crowd to spur them on
* Johns and Buderus, Carney and Gidley
* Bulldogs backs havent played much footy (Patten, El Masri, Emelio, Tonga)

It will be tough, wont be easy .... but I think we can beat them and continue our unbeaten run :)

CARN NEWY!!!

Indeed we've got Newton, Abraham, Davico, Kidley and possibly Quinny out.

Would be lovely to get them back and not drop to many other players.

Jesfery

Juniors
Woo up a tick here people... Since when is Kidley out? Last I heard, he had a cork and was a near definite starter.

Latest posts