What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first grade v penrith

Serc

First Grade
Hinton has been cut...not sure if they can bring him back for this game.

Actually, given that Gordon has played FG once this season it will probably be him *sigh*

Burwood

Bench
The Devil said:
I doubt Seage would fit under the cap

I don't think the cap will affect him. We are only in trouble with the 2nd tier salary cap, and I'd be surprised if he wasn't in our top 25 players.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Roopy!

Burwood

Bench
Serc said:
Hinton has been cut...not sure if they can bring him back for this game.

Actually, given that Gordon has played FG once this season it will probably be him *sigh*

He hasn't really been cut, just dropped backed to the Real NRL. He would still be available to play in 1st grade or PL whenever needed.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Gordon come into first grade, and then Hinton brought back into PL to either play fullback or on the wing.

~knights~

Juniors
Is perry injured or just dropped...

Royal and Simmo starting props

I didn't see that one coming!!

and tanner at lock is better than Reyno

perverse

Referee
does anyone else find it a little weird that we threw money at USTEP this year and we wont have a SINGLE PLAYER that's played every game?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I don't know what to make of that side. Its pretty much a case of whoever is fit are the one's who are named, cos we don't have many left. If McManus is out, it'll be a bigger blow than what ppl are giving it credit for. Sure, he's not the flashiest of wingers, but he does his job and does it to a very good level. I shudder to think of Hinton, Gordon or Seage on the wing tbh.

CJG 182

Juniors
perverse said:
does anyone else find it a little weird that we threw money at USTEP this year and we wont have a SINGLE PLAYER that's played every game?

Jimmy?

*edit* sorry i just read the previous page.... he better not be ruled out :|

otori

Juniors
What I really don't understand is why Tanner makes the starting side after being told he's not wanted next year. I understand we don't have fiscal space to change Tighe or Carmont but we have a few more second rowers surely! When you're in the starting side, you're there because you're a better player than those on the bench .....

TooheysNew

Coach
Not necessarily. You're there because you are better than players in lower divisions, sure - but it's a plain wrong to say that bench players aren't as good as those on the field - especially with forwards.

The Devil

Bench
Burwood said:
I don't think the cap will affect him. We are only in trouble with the 2nd tier salary cap, and I'd be surprised if he wasn't in our top 25 players.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Roopy!

I'm not 100% sure on whether he was in our top 25 - probably was though. But you have to question the logic of putting Seage there in our top 25 knowing that he'd spend at least half of the new season on the sidelines and going through rehabilitation with no guarantee of coming back from it again.

Serc

First Grade
Burwood said:
He hasn't really been cut, just dropped backed to the Real NRL. He would still be available to play in 1st grade or PL whenever needed.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw Gordon come into first grade, and then Hinton brought back into PL to either play fullback or on the wing.

Cool! Shows you what I know :p

Burwood

Bench
The Devil said:
I'm not 100% sure on whether he was in our top 25 - probably was though. But you have to question the logic of putting Seage there in our top 25 knowing that he'd spend at least half of the new season on the sidelines and going through rehabilitation with no guarantee of coming back from it again.

But don't forget that Seage played the majority of last season. It wasn't until after he re-signed with the club that he did his knee in again.

The Devil

Bench
Burwood said:
But don't forget that Seage played the majority of last season. It wasn't until after he re-signed with the club that he did his knee in again.

Well he played 20 games last season although 12 of them were in Prems. But i can see what you're saying

Latest posts