What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first grade v penrith

brandell

Juniors
Worthy the great the legend comes back this week to smash the sh*t out of the poofy knights,,,,

I'm actually thinking of going along with a big Banner "Newcastle were never Worthy"

Jobdog

Live Update Team
~knights~ said:
ok likely changes to squad

Riley Brown in for Buderus
Stephen Gordon on standby for Mcmanus

and J.perry hasn't been named due to a hamstring injury but could be included later in the week

Source:today's Newcastle Herald
Yep, I read that too.

But there hasn't been any confirmation that Danny is definitely out yet :cool:

macavity

Referee
brandell said:
Worthy the great the legend comes back this week to smash the sh*t out of the poofy knights,,,,

I'm actually thinking of going along with a big Banner "Newcastle were never Worthy"

im thinking of going along with kero and a lighter

(jokes!)

mightypanther

Juniors

You have the ref Jason Robinson on your side.

He's a Penrith boy, and bends over backwards to prove that he has no favouritism for us by treating us like sh*t.

And right up to the 80th minute and beyond, you can never be sure what Penrith will do......win it, or throw it away......it's a toss of the coin really......who knows?..:roll: :lol:

macavity

Referee
mightypanther said:
He's a Penrith boy, and bends over backwards to prove that he has no favouritism for us by treating us like sh*t.

we have that problem with Simpkins & Hayne, both hunter boys.

the rest just hate us for no reason.

keeney

First Grade
You forgot the obvious one, we're both sh*t!

I'm not a very big fan of Riley, but I'm up for giving him another shot, he seems to be playing well in PL (although he always seems to be) and TSS has been unimpressive. So much for future NZ rep.

keeney

First Grade
I suppose so. How have you liked Matt Elliot this year? I don't watch many Panthers games, if any actually, and would be interested on your take onn the guy. If it was me I would have prefered Lang to stay.

mightypanther

Juniors
keeney said:
I suppose so. How have you liked Matt Elliot this year? I don't watch many Panthers games, if any actually, and would be interested on your take onn the guy. If it was me I would have prefered Lang to stay.

Have to say he's done nothing to impress me so far, but he has managed to do a lot to annoy the crap out of me. You'll be sorry you asked :lol:

The young players that he has brought up were not great discoveries on his part, they were players that would have pushed for selection on talent anyway, no matter who the coach would have been, so he gets no credit for them.

The fact that he rested Priddis for 5 weeks and then played him in Premier League for 3 weeks annoyed the sh*t out of me. If Priddis was carrying such a bad injury for so long, then Elliott should have insisted that he rest earlier in the season and he would not have needed anywhere near as many weeks off. As for the stint in Premier League, that was not necessary. After 5 weeks off, Priddis would have come back to first grade and worked his damn arse off (as he did in PL), and we would have had a shot at winning a game 3 weeks earlier. Was it a surprise that we won against souths in his first game back? No.

The fact that he did not drop Tony Puletua earlier in the season to freshen up his form was a bad decision. He waited until now to drop him. Too little too late. He could have helped us through the season if he had got his wake up call earlier in the season.

He has swapped the line up around ridiculously from week to week like a desperate man. Some of his choices, and the ridiculous positions he has played them in, has been a joke.

His strategies throughout the games, and his use of players off the bench have been at times stupid and at others incomprehensible.

Oh.......and he also thinks the sun shines out of Matt Adamson's arse when most fans hate his guts which to me proves he's one lousy judge of character. Especially considering Adamson spends most of the warm up time, and the game time yelling at the players like a lunatic, rather than just passing on coaches instructions. The man is poison to our club.

So all in all.......I can't stand the man, and the only chance he will ever have of impressing me will be if we ever win the premiership again while he's coach.

I'll bet I was right. I'll bet you're now really sorry you asked..:lol:

It felt bloody good to vent though..........thanks.:D

griffo346 said:
buderus isnt the only one that can tackle

I'm not to sure about that......He is the only one that can structure
our ruck defence so we don't leak points like a sieve.

Buderus being out means everyone's work rate in defence will have to go up, especially Simpson. Which then means our most potent attacking forward is rooted after making the majority of tackles for the team.

~knights~

Juniors
buderus has gone to "no chance" to now "50-50"

they will wait till saturday for both players(bedsey/ Mcmanus) to decide

Latest posts