What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fittler: We can still make finals

eels_fan_01

Bench
petetheileet said:
i think one of roosters or dragons will make the 8...last few weeks they have really picked up their game and teams above them looking ready to crumble!

In my opinion Roosters are in alot better form than the Dragons.

Azkatro

First Grade
Max Power said:
If it happens, it happens (and i'll be ecstatic) but if not, i'll be more than happy that I can look forward to 2008 with a lot of anticipation.
That's an interesting point. Yes they're having a good run now but will they be a threat in 2008, or is it just a glut of form for an otherwise ordinary team? Let's be fair, a team with enough class can be up the sh*t but still win a good percentage of games, but they weren't doing that at all earlier in the year.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Azkatro said:
That's an interesting point. Yes they're having a good run now but will they be a threat in 2008, or is it just a glut of form for an otherwise ordinary team? Let's be fair, a team with enough class can be up the sh*t but still win a good percentage of games, but they weren't doing that at all earlier in the year.

I thought 3 of their 4 games (game agaisnt Knights was ordinary) under Freddy they have played great footy to rival the top 4 teams.

Tom Ace

Bench
Azkatro said:

It's not as if there is nothing to explain this massive form improvement.

They were playing under a coach, who I believe gave his all, but had antiquated ideas and coaching techniques.

melon....

Coach
So Sheens has concerns about the ref tonight. Arranges a meeting with a knob who hates us for turfing his useless illegitimate son, and now the ref is going to smash us?

Wont be enough Easts by 4.

kav

Juniors
adamkungl said:
Very simple. Roosters win all remaining games, a challenge but by no means overly difficult considering recent form and the relatively easy run home, finish on 27 and most likely finish 6th (I expect a few teams on 26). We lose any of those games, and its pretty much all over. It would take some very very lucky results to get in on 25. Go Easts, watch out Parra first week of the finals :D

My advice is don't give up if they get beaten tonight - their destiny is in their hands having to play close rivals Titans and Rabbitohs. The Dragons also have a tough draw (Rabbitohs, Cowboys, Eels & Sea Eagles) and must win them all if the Roosters get to 25 points. Check out NRL.com for predicting the finals teams.

Kav

A couple of months ago we were wooden spoon favs. I'm just stoked that we're now in a position to even contemplate a finals birth after a dick of a year.
The main thing for me is we finish well enough to go into the off-season with confidence and optimism for 08.

i don't think we can make the finals, i still think that 1 point will kill us, and if that doesn't the -170 odd will. still, the fact we're atleast playing with heart and the effort is there is a major improvement to the turnstile performances from earlier in the year.

welcome babyface, champion avatar mate ;-)

haha melon i hope you put a bet on with that prediction

OVP

Coach
Babyface O'reilly said:
A couple of months ago we were wooden spoon favs. I'm just stoked that we're now in a position to even contemplate a finals birth after a dick of a year.
The main thing for me is we finish well enough to go into the off-season with confidence and optimism for 08.

Gotta love that name mate ... Babyface, Des, O'REilly. Often overlooked in our best of squad, but f**k i love the awesome work Des put in week after week, even in the Ron Jones days ... A True legend. Great name mate :)

Yeah gotta love him. Manage to come out of rugby league still lookig twelve years old. Another thing I remember about him was Rex Mossip getting a little excited about him being an architect. or something like it. He would have been one of the first players that wasn't a labouror, a pokie machine repairman or a cellerman at a leagues Club.
cheers

Geohood

Bench
wittyfan said:
The beauty of the Top 8! Do f**k all for the first 17 rounds but be still in with a hope!

Is being consistently adequate over 25 rounds better than playing superbly for nearly 10 rounds straight?