What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitz: "League should merge with Union"

Teddyboy

First Grade
f**k i love to see this forum when the 2 codes to get back to being one.
People or things like brutus bagging off Fitzgerald and then Wayne Bennett shows how shallow some League fans on and a one code Rugby game be off with out these dickheads.

Brutus

Referee
f**k i love to see this forum when the 2 codes to get back to being one.
People or things like brutus bagging off Fitzgerald and then Wayne Bennett shows how shallow some League fans on and a one code Rugby game be off with out these dickheads.

I'm sure many union fans would feel exactly the same way if a proposed merge between the two codes was mooted. I'd be disappointed with them if they didn't feel some angst.

But I guess you wouldn't call them shallow union fans because you are, afterall, a union person, aren't you Turdy?

Mr Saab

Referee
I must admit though we did have a better FTA situation in the early-to-mid 90's and the advent of Pay TV has improved just about every sport's TV coverage.

It has...but 2SM still like to whinge about it. Sounds like they want every game live on free to air. Well...do that and then see what the crowds are like...another thing they complain about.
Tunks wanted the Souths Warriors game on channel 9 @ 6pm!

Brutus

Referee
It has...but 2SM still like to whinge about it. Sounds like they want every game live on free to air. Well...do that and then see what the crowds are like...another thing they complain about.
Tunks wanted the Souths Warriors game on channel 9 @ 6pm!

I remember the 90's

FNF on Channel 10 or 9 (92 onwards)

Sat Arvo (ABC)

Sat night (every 2nd week in brisbane)

Sunday Night (1 in Sydney, 2 if you lived in brisbane)

I think Tunks wanted the Souths game on Fox at 6pm and I dont blame him. You couldn't even get a radio call of it. Why not play it live on Fox and then replay late on 9? I can remember watching 5.30pm Friday games on Fox from Auckland a few years back. I mean the AFL play games live on Fox and FTA at the same time.

gregstar

Referee
i'd love to see a merger!

could you imagine it? hmmmm..... let's combine the two codes, preserving just the good bits of both. end result .......

rugby league.

i think it's a great idea provided they work on that principle - keeping just the good bits that make the game a spectacle.

*onfield excitement / action
*quality athletes
*crowds & viewers
*coin
*marketability
*no sodomy

let's break that down into points contributed

rugby league - 100
rugby onion - 0

LOL! bye-bye yawnion

dennis fitzgeriatric is a forward thinker - we should all support this idea.

Brutus

Referee
i'd love to see a merger!

could you imagine it? hmmmm..... let's combine the two codes, preserving just the good bits of both. end result .......

rugby league.

i think it's a great idea provided they work on that principle - keeping just the good bits that make the game a spectacle.

*onfield excitement / action
*quality athletes
*crowds & viewers
*coin
*marketability
*no sodomy

let's break that down into points contributed

rugby league - 100
rugby onion - 0

LOL! bye-bye yawnion

dennis fitzgeriatric is a forward thinker - we should all support this idea.

But would Turdy Boy agree to this?

Moffo

Referee
Imbecile, Parramatta are smack bang in the middle of the "fastest growing piece of Australia", which has every other code is creamin their jeans about, and DF says Parra won't survive past 5 years. The Parramatta brand sold correctly could be one of the most powerful sport brands in the country in 5 years, you dip sh*t...

great point

Moffo

Referee
the one thing union has over league is a bigger international presence. if we could transplant the game of league 100% and make all those countries play league but in some way call it a 'merger' id be happy for it

baddog

Juniors
dennis fitzgerald is the best advertisement for the legalizing of euthanasia for alzheimers sufferers

coolumsharkie

Referee
the one thing union has over league is a bigger international presence. if we could transplant the game of league 100% and make all those countries play league but in some way call it a 'merger' id be happy for it

Yeah, they can merge with us, don't change our rules and call it Rugby League.

Good idea.

Last edited:

Teddyboy

First Grade
I'm sure many union fans would feel exactly the same way if a proposed merge between the two codes was mooted. I'd be disappointed with them if they didn't feel some angst.

But I guess you wouldn't call them shallow union fans because you are, afterall, a union person, aren't you Turdy?

No League first Union 2nd mate.

I think most people on here is in a minority as most aussie's i met from the N.S.W/Queensland liked League but alo liked a bit of Union.
The only hate i see is on forums apart from last year when i had to tell some student fat bag to f**k off because she said Union was better then League at a double header of the Super League grand final and England lucky sh*tty win over France in the Union world cup

GULP.

Last edited:

Latest posts