What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitz: "League should merge with Union"

Moffo

Referee
Yeah, they can merge with us, don't change our rules and call it Rugby League.

Good idea.

i think it'd work. ive watched enough of union to say that there aren't many things in the game that id like to see in league. perhaps genuine scrums and no 10m rule that would force the backlines to go deep but thats about it

Willow

Assistant Moderator
earlier in the year bennett did suggest that we RU and RL help each other at a grass roots level. hardly merging though.
That's what I thought.

I understand it was about teaching kids the basic skills of both versions of rugby football, with league and union officials both getting involved. A little different to wholesale merger.

It should be understood that the notion of league and union combining resources is nothing new. Quite often league players will play union and vice-versa.

The rivalry that exists between the two codes in Australia isn't always the case in a number of other countries, even in the UK. For example the Harlequins have teams playing both codes.

OVP

Coach
Parra fans, can't you vote him out?

He merged the board of the Football Club and Leagues Club. Until the Leagues Club members are unhappy with his performance, then its highly unlikely he will be voted out. He has, in effect, a Gerrymander. I dont think Football Club members have voting rights (unless they join the Leagues Club). He is a shifty individual.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Yes and while the League only fans fight amongst themselves the sh*tty AFL and Soccer Scum while eat both great codes of Rugby up.

Hey lets drop this schoolyard sh*t and join together brothers.

sooperdooper

First Grade
League and Union would both be better off if there was a merger in some area...not the game itself but more admin side.

stormtragic

Juniors
if a merge happened, the next day league and union people would jusr create the games again, and then we have 3 farkin codes....:crazy:

Perth Red

Post Whore
How have Parra fans allowed this guy to stay in power for 30 years? In England he would have been stoned and burnt at the cross a long time ago! $10mill on a failed soccer club and now he is saying they may go bust, geez fans get some passion and boot this guy before he sinks your club.

Calixte

First Grade
He has contributed nothing for 20+ years at Parramatta.

They have swapped endless players, coaches etc in that period...

When will they realise the major problem is Fitzgerald?