What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy in the Tropics

super_coach

First Grade
The word is the super coach is going to play Donuts on the wing on saturday up in Townsville. Gee thats a big call, cast your mind back a few years when The Fitzmiester was at the top of his game, I think it was in 2005. Anyway he was made to look like a Z grader by Sing who ran about 1000mtrs down his side and bagged three trys . It was probably the most average wing display of the season. Now five years on and ten seconds slower Sheens is going to give him another shot. With Thirsty Thurston in form they will have a field day down Fitzy's side. We must have a thousand other options

Vic Mackey

Referee
any coincidence the only game fitzy has actually gotten gametime in was the one we got belted in and about 7 tries were run in down his side?

i dont think so...

N.C.

Juniors
I remember that game against the Cows in 2005.

I also remember those other three games against the Cows in 2005.

I'm not sure what your point is...

Eddie.

Bench
His point is that Fitzhenry will be a liability out there on the wing. I remember Sing scoring 3 tries where Fitzhenry didn't even lay a glove on him. Kept coming inoff his wing and tackling fresh air.

N.C.

Juniors
Yes, I got that... Although it's a bit misconceived, if you actually consider all the available facts.

westie

Bench
I remember that game. It was the greatest bagging of a single player when the team was at fault ever. I can't even remember who the centre was - though it should have been Elford - but for one of the trys, he was basically standing under the posts leaving a 3rd of the field to one dude. We were utter sh*te for the first half of that year, (if indeed it was '05) a massive contrast to the next few times we played them and our wingers never had to come 5 metres away from the sideline.

super_coach

First Grade
The point is the Fitzmiester in 2010 is way to slow and small to be a winger.If you have brute strength you can be a little on the slow side, if you have blistering pace you can be a bit on the small side but if you are slow and small your shot

N.C.

Juniors
... and when you tell it like it is, it makes a lot of sense.

I enjoy a good ol' Fitzy bashing as much as the next guy, but there's really no need to go clutching at straws.

Chook Herron

Juniors
I remember that game. It was the greatest bagging of a single player when the team was at fault ever. I can't even remember who the centre was - though it should have been Elford - but for one of the trys, he was basically standing under the posts leaving a 3rd of the field to one dude. We were utter sh*te for the first half of that year, (if indeed it was '05) a massive contrast to the next few times we played them and our wingers never had to come 5 metres away from the sideline.

John Wilson was the centre

N.C.

Juniors
He's been named on the bench. Ayshford's named at centre. We'll see then, wont we?

Eddie.

Bench
I remember the game pretty well. For at least 2 of the tries Fitzy was left flat footed by cut out passes. He came in when he didn't need to. It was a bad period for him. I remember him having the worst of his howlers against the Dragons at Homebush as we surrendered a huge lead. Although im sure Westie will tell me he didn't receive enough protection under those high balls?? ;)

Thaigarr

Juniors
That was hot on the heels of a masterful display in round 1 against parramatta and was only the prelude to his special round 8 effort against St George at telstra stadium where he was responsible for about 32 of st george's 36 points

innsaneink

Referee
I remember him doing a knee or an ankle in a rd 1 double header against saints, anyway heres fitzy on one leg, most players would go down and wait for the trainer....he's there hopping up and down on the far side, on his good foot waving at the bench (and everyone else including Firman & gasnier....sure enough Saints have the ball, see his antics...head that way and score

holman

Juniors
I heard on the Talkin Sport show this afternoon that Ayshford will be out for a month so I think Fitzhenry will play, they also stated Tuaki will not play in 2010

Eddie.

Bench
I remember him doing a knee or an ankle in a rd 1 double header against saints, anyway heres fitzy on one leg, most players would go down and wait for the trainer....he's there hopping up and down on the far side, on his good foot waving at the bench (and everyone else including Firman & gasnier....sure enough Saints have the ball, see his antics...head that way and score

I remember that. Except im pretty sure it was Robert Miles, and it was in about Round 5.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I remember the game pretty well. For at least 2 of the tries Fitzy was left flat footed by cut out passes. He came in when he didn't need to. It was a bad period for him. I remember him having the worst of his howlers against the Dragons at Homebush as we surrendered a huge lead. Although im sure Westie will tell me he didn't receive enough protection under those high balls?? ;)

we were up 24-12 at halftime, then barrett launched an aerial raid on fitzy, who dropped about 17 bombs straight. i think we ended up losing by about 14

Borat.

Juniors
Fitzy had a great game....AWESOME for him......kept Tonga in check all night..Even the try he scored Ayshford slid off him first..

Fair enough he was average in the past but this year he has been Solid in the very little game time he has been given..and was very good tonight.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He was rubbish. Dropped the first ball that came to him. Even without my Fitzy hate glasses on he was still our worst player

Eddie.

Bench
Terrible as expected. Although I am sure there will be one or two thjat will tell me he played well and was crucial in our victory.

Latest posts