What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy in the Tropics

westie

Bench
wow.....i actually agree with all of that.

is galea still playing in england? can't believe we brought fitzy back and not him....

At Hull KR. Playing more of a forward's role. I think he may have made the SL team of the year last year (which doesn't mean too much). I just can't get over what a f**k up the whole thing was... why'd you'd let the player's player leave is beyond me.

Borat.

Juniors
FFS? FFS? I'm going off what the club said you knobber. THEY said they got lucky. Things went better than they were expected to. We won before we got to the top of the salary cap cycle.

Keep ignoring the point though. You're getting good at it.

So how did we get lucky???

super_coach

First Grade
2005, yes we did get lucky, but tell me what team that wins the holy grail dosnt get lucky!! Under a salary cap system with a restricted playing roster any team that wins the big one needs plenty of luck along the way.

We had a very good injury run for the second half of 2005, cant remember the exact numbers buy we used only 20 players in the last half of the season or their abouts. Come semi time we avoided Parra who beat us twice that year, got the Bronks on a day when half their team was busted, played the Drags who always choke and of course played the cowboys twice who we had quite a physiological hold over them and one thing I forgot, we were on a hot streak.

Borat.

Juniors
So getting your players in good form, a "hot streak" is getting lucky
Managing the salary cap is also luck???
Being under the salary cap was nothing to do with luck- we had no money. We couldn't spend it
We had a good run with injury that's it. that is all the "luck" we had.

They changed the rules after 05- That has had an influence on us and the cowboys- the wrestling changed the game, our speed around the ruck was nullified, and Prince was gone. Our attitude since 05 has been sh*t...that and prince along with crap recruitment has been the downfall of our club.....

HOW LUCKY ARE MELBOURNE.....

All our players were in career best form...Farah was awesome, Prince was the games dominate halfback- and we have had no one close to him since he left in terms of his kicking game. Hodgo was killing it every week..... Luck my arse

A touch of luck, but that was easily the most skillful team assembled from 1-17. We deserved to win it more than anyone else, we played the most attractive brand of footy ever seen.

Ayshford was excellent today, Fitzhenry was f**king pathetic. The try he let in for Ennis which sealed the match was just down right pathetic and abysmal. He should never be able to don the might gold, white and black again.

Ayshford was excellent today, Fitzhenry was f**king pathetic. The try he let in for Ennis which sealed the match was just down right pathetic and abysmal. He should never be able to don the might gold, white and black again.

Wasn't his fault. Ayshford rushed up and left him on his own.

Borat.

Juniors

Funny we had close to 50 missed tackles and you pick on Fitzys miss

Funny we had close to 50 missed tackles and you pick on Fitzys miss

Ennis' second where he just watch Ennis rush past him?

I'm not saying he's the only player who did ill, but this thread is about him so obviously it's going to be focused on him.

Juniors
It's not the miss, it's eveything else. The whole team was sh*te and he still stood out as the worst on field.

Borat.

Juniors
Ennis' second where he just watch Ennis rush past him?

I'm not saying he's the only player who did ill, but this thread is about him so obviously it's going to be focused on him.

Fair enough...

It's not the miss, it's eveything else. The whole team was sh*te and he still stood out as the worst on field.

The whole team was Sh*te...don't think so....just didnt have the ball, when we finally got it we were buggered...

When Lote scored we would have been on a high...but benjis wonderful kicking skills quickly deflated that feeling....must have been tuff mentaly