What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy in the Tropics

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Fitzy had a great game....AWESOME for him......kept Tonga in check all night..Even the try he scored Ayshford slid off him first..

Fair enough he was average in the past but this year he has been Solid in the very little game time he has been given..and was very good tonight.

Your f**king kidding me, surely?

He was rubbish tonight. A complete liability.

I still don't understand why he started tonight.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Bombed a try and the his missed tackle lead to Tonga's try (granted Ayshford was also involved).

In any case, I don't need any stats - I saw with my own eyes and Fitzhenry was rubbish tonight.

Das Hassler

Bench
Blah blah blah blah

Fitzy is still the clubs leading try scorer and i thank him for every one he banged down

Proud tigers SUPPORTER (of ALL the players) since 1966

Last edited:

westie

Bench
Bombed a try and the his missed tackle lead to Tonga's try (granted Ayshford was also involved).

In any case, I don't need any stats - I saw with my own eyes and Fitzhenry was rubbish tonight.

I was having a chuckle till I saw this. Surely even you can't blame him for Ayshford's c**k-up?

super_coach

First Grade
Fitzy had a great game....AWESOME for him......kept Tonga in check all night..Even the try he scored Ayshford slid off him first..

Fair enough he was average in the past but this year he has been Solid in the very little game time he has been given..and was very good tonight.

Mate theirs a good eye place in Ashfield mall, they will be able to fit you out with a good pair of glasses. Fitzy what can I say big heart,nice bloke but his day in the sun has come to end. Shades of Jason the fireman a few years ago. Anyway while Sheens is running the show Fitzy will be on the team sheet and he will do a job, but their are plenty of others who can do the job better if given a chance.

gronkathon

First Grade
Yeah westie Ayshford is inept. Fap fap fap fap. Now tell us all about the piles of untapped talent in the Magpies ranks and what a huge loss Dene Collis was. How Collis's defence was not his fault and it was his inside man but ignore when Ayshford came into the same structure the defence improved 5 fold.

super_coach

First Grade
Ayshford was close to our best, okay missed that tackle but Fitzy had just as good shot at the tackle and was brushed off like a fly.

macnaz

Staff member
One thing he did do was make some valuable metres from dummy half, that was about it tho. Talkin about dummy half runs! i wish they would tell Ryan to stay the f#ck outa there or else teach him when to do it, he wasted heaps of tackles to make all of 2 metres. :crazy:

westie

Bench
That was the only mistake Ayshford made all night.

Westie, your defending of Fitzhenry is hilarious.

I'm clearly just taking issue with you blaming him for Ayshford's incompetency. We've seen week after week that any time a player skips to his outside he'll only have to brush off some flailing hands. I'm not talking about Ayshford being isolated or let down by poor defensive structure, I'm talking about the sort of 1 on 1 misses Lawrence used to be a special for. The difference is, you knew Chris would come good.

I said it at the start of the season, and I'll say it again. Our right side is woeful. I understand that we don't have class in every position, but I'd rather have guys who were good at either attack or defence rather than blokes who are below par at everything.

Borat.

Juniors
Ayshford still needs to put some muscle on, but he's a fine player. No need to hate the pretty boy from the Eastern Suburbs.

Agreed Ayshford is a fine player & a great prospect,Westie he is only one year out of toyota cup, defensively he has it is all over Idris . Lets keep it in pespective please....

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I'm clearly just taking issue with you blaming him for Ayshford's incompetency. We've seen week after week that any time a player skips to his outside he'll only have to brush off some flailing hands. I'm not talking about Ayshford being isolated or let down by poor defensive structure, I'm talking about the sort of 1 on 1 misses Lawrence used to be a special for. The difference is, you knew Chris would come good.

I said it at the start of the season, and I'll say it again. Our right side is woeful. I understand that we don't have class in every position, but I'd rather have guys who were good at either attack or defence rather than blokes who are below par at everything.

I'm willing to bet Ayshford, like Lawrence, will also come good. Not in the same class as Chris obviously, but he'll be a solid, dependable player.

Question - do you think Fitzhenry should be in the #17 at the moment?

westie

Bench
Not the way he's being used - no. There's 1 or two others I don't want either. Strangely enough, had Ayshford actually been injured, my Voodoo Dolling would have been spot on this year.