What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy in the Tropics

Eddie.

Bench
Not the way he's being used - no. There's 1 or two others I don't want either. Strangely enough, had Ayshford actually been injured, my Voodoo Dolling would have been spot on this year.

You reckon we will be a better team without Moltzen?

I admit I reckon alot of our fans have been carried away by some of his performances. Perhaps a bit of a "flat track" player to use a cricketing term. However in the team dynamic, I think he was doing well at 7 and was going to get even better. And the stats, of 8 wins from 8 are eye catching regardless of his level of dominance.

westie

Bench
Are we now not also 1 from 1 with Fitzy at half? Or whatever from whatever with Lui. That stat is dumb, especially when taking into account just how bad he was at fullback and what a better team we look not being stuck inside our own 20 or giving up unbelievable trys.

As I'd wanted Taumata, I can't say I was too disappointed when he went down. The rumours seem to suggest he won't get a run though.

All I want at the moment is a player who can kick and play right. It seems we'll get some one who can play right, to a degree.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Westie hates Blake because he cost collis a spot at the club. I don't think ayshford is a superstar, and agree his defence can be poor however collis was absolute dog balls for the last 3 years with us. There's a reason the only club who was interested in him were the wooden spooners on the verge of going broke.

He isn't a 17 with 'potential' anymore. He is a seasoned first grader who failed to live up to expectations.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Are we now not also 1 from 1 with Fitzy at half? Or whatever from whatever with Lui. That stat is dumb, especially when taking into account just how bad he was at fullback and what a better team we look not being stuck inside our own 20 or giving up unbelievable trys.

As I'd wanted Taumata, I can't say I was too disappointed when he went down. The rumours seem to suggest he won't get a run though.

All I want at the moment is a player who can kick and play right. It seems we'll get some one who can play right, to a degree.

I am not sold on Moltzen at #7 long term, but before he got injured on Saturday night, he put in two excellent kicks, both of them found grass.

We'll probably now end up with Fitzhenry at half, can he kick and play right?

super_coach

First Grade
Ayshford is been great since day one in Fgrade, had maybe two average games out of about 20. Deceptively strong and has a good football brain.Probably more suited to 5/8th or lock but he will do me any day. Put him on the open market and their would be plenty of teams willing to part with plenty of dollars.
I just wonder at times if some of the experts on these forums actually watch the same games I do,

westie

Bench
Westie hates Blake because he cost collis a spot at the club. I don't think ayshford is a superstar, and agree his defence can be poor however collis was absolute dog balls for the last 3 years with us. There's a reason the only club who was interested in him were the wooden spooners on the verge of going broke.

He isn't a 17 with 'potential' anymore. He is a seasoned first grader who failed to live up to expectations.

Collis left to get away from Sheens dopey. And Collis was sh*te from the second Prince left, aka the only dude who went right. Which furthers my point that we could really do with looking at playing down more than one side. Coincidentally, Te'o also looked a totally different player in 2006 when they had all that space down the right.

westie

Bench
Ayshford is been great since day one in Fgrade, had maybe two average games out of about 20. Deceptively strong and has a good football brain.Probably more suited to 5/8th or lock but he will do me any day. Put him on the open market and their would be plenty of teams willing to part with plenty of dollars.
I just wonder at times if some of the experts on these forums actually watch the same games I do,

Can you tell me who these teams are? I have a piece of toast with Jesus on it.

gronkathon

First Grade
Tell us again how Collis was let down by everybody and what a gun player he is. I need a hearty chortle this morning

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Collis left to get away from Sheens dopey. And Collis was sh*te from the second Prince left, aka the only dude who went right. Which furthers my point that we could really do with looking at playing down more than one side. Coincidentally, Te'o also looked a totally different player in 2006 when they had all that space down the right.
You got that part right.

But seriously, on one hand Collis was sh*t after Prince left because we didn't have anyone going that way, but Ayshford is sh*t just because he's sh*t? Double standards anyone....?

Vic Mackey

Referee

really?

i cant remember seeing scott prince playing jersey flegg in 2006

Eddie.

Bench
Collis is a broken down hack. His defence was certainly no better then Ayshford's. He got brushed off several times last season. Westie correct me if im wrong

Players you wont here a bad word about - Shannon Gallant, Shannon Mcdonnell Daniel Fitzhenry, Dean Collis, Ben Teo, Ben Reynolds, Chris Patterson,

I have never heard such a vast range of weird and wonderful excuses as to why these players never made it at the Tigers. It was never because they were average players thats for sure. Have I missed anyone??

Players you won't here a good word about - Tim Moltzen, Blake Ayshford, Beau Ryan, Chris Heightington, Andrew Fifita

These blokes are no match for the first list of players.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Ben Reynolds is my favourite - Tigers would have been better off long term had Reynolds played ahead of Benji, or something along those lines. What a corker.

Juniors
'Players you wont here a bad word about - Shannon Gallant, Shannon Mcdonnell Daniel Fitzhenry, Dean Collis, Ben Teo, Ben Reynolds, Chris Patterson.'

Shanon Gallant - Agree, Major loss. We cant keep them all though.

Shannon Mcdonnell - Watched his last few games?? What a joke. Supposed to be one of the quickest. Gave up on a chase over the weekend. His backrowers didnt, they kept going.

Daniel Fitzhenry - ***

Dean Collis - Had all the potential in the world. Injured most of the last 2 years, Tigers are not a recovery ward. 2 years of no quality service is enough loyalty. Is he fit to play now?? Enough said, that would have made it 3 years.

Ben Teo - Lazy as f**k 90% of the time. Pretty average the other 10%

Ben Reynolds - ***

Chris Patterson - Chris Who???

***even laughing at these Farkers would be a waste of our energy, breath & face muscles.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Chris Patterson was our worst forward ever, followed closely by Steve Trindall.

I also remember yappy telling us Brett Hodgson would have to retire early because McDonnell was too good. :lol:

westie

Bench
Collis is a broken down hack. His defence was certainly no better then Ayshford's. He got brushed off several times last season. Westie correct me if im wrong

See the thing is Eddie, you're like every Lampard lover in the world. Completely incapable of putting together rational argument based on simple points and instead coming up sweeping statements to rationalise your delusions.

Collis was better because he could attack. Yes, he is broken down - but you know my thoughts on that. When have I EVER, EVER said Collis was a good defensive player. I always said his attack was more valuable than his supposed failings in defence, something that could be said of say - Barba... but certainly not of Ayshford. Given a bit of space, Collis could make something happen. Ayshford simply doesn't have this ability. What is my opinion based on? The fact that no one has ever seen him create something from nothing.

Please, please do regale me with thrilling stories of Ayshford's drawing of wingers that do not involve being thrown into the grand stand.

Latest posts