What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five added to Roo squad

Panthers_God

Juniors
No Billy Slater?? No Shaun Berrigan?? No Tonie Carroll??

That's interesting, I guess there will be many new faces in the Roo's team this year.

Meanie

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
When I saw Hodges name in the side I was surprised when they didnt call out Chris Walkers name.

A stupid selection.

Come back to 2005 already. :roll:

brent tate shouldn't make the tour squad in my opinion. I'm a broncos supporter and there's no doubt tate is a great hole runner but his complete lack of simple catch and pass skills should rule him out imo. If you want an example of typical brent tate ignoring his winger and tucking the ball under his arm look at the tigers game from the weekend when we had a 2 on 1 with minto on the outside and tate tried to do it all himself. Bombed a certain try. An australian centre has to be better then that. My Australian backline -

1. Minichiello
2. King
3. gasnier
4. tahu
5. grothe
6. lockyer
7. johns

ozboy said:
The thing that I've noticed with Matt King, is that despite being named in the centres he spends more time on the wing than Matt Geyer.

It's almost as if King does play on the wing and Geyer in the centres, its just that when the teams are named Bellamy decides to name them that way for some unknown reason.

and you'd be close to spot on. Matt King plays a lot outside Geyer for a center but I'd say they spend roughly equal time playing in each other's position.

aussies1st

Staff member
At least Bennett isn't being bias towards the Broncos players. Berrigan on current form defintiely doesn't deserve to be picked. Hodgson is now a definite for selection in the squad with Billy not being there.

Scott

Bench
Thierry Henry said:
Fair enough. It's not as though I ever doubted that I was the most perceptive person at LU.

No you are not the only person. I think they look more dangerous at times with Haletau at dummy half. Farah hasn't been very impressivr so far in this finals series. In say that though, he is a very very good player. I'm expecting a massive game from him on Saturday.

Latest posts