What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanagan Confirmed.

BLM01

First Grade
Really interesting interview. Wouldn't get pigeonholed as purely defense so his involvement will be as we all thought and hoped ( sudo head coach ! )

Looks like the outside backs will be spending extra time to sort their defensive roles.Wonder how Flanagan will react when Mcf**ker keeps picking non performing outside backs , it will be carnage !!
He will be licking his lips like he does and rubbing his hands together
He will get the job offer down the track when Mary still cant get it right as they will give him the info to what he needs but he his too stubborn when it comes to the decision crunch time

jak

Bench
Could not agree more Steve I don't know why I think this but I think this year we will do a lot better than most people think this year . I can see a few things that have been missing returning let's hope it stays that way
that's positive thinking samy that's what I like to hear

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Flannos interview was refreshing imo.
Yes there was some spin, but the underlying message was that he is here to do a job.
Sidestepped a few questions abd tried really hard not to say too much on others. In some way he apologised to the Sharks faithful whilst also inferring its time to move on. Same with coaching his son.
The coaching mary-go-round (deliberate mispell) has quitened off with only our supercoach, Kearney and Green the most under pressure. The fact hexwants to be close to his son sort of weighs out the other two options.

Crush

Coach
I must admit I was pretty impressed with that interview from Flanno. He is obviously a pretty straight shooter and calls it how he sees it.
I liked how he spoke about the roster. The forwards and halves are fine, its the young outside backs and fullback that will need to have a big year for them to be successful.
Its true.
Also unlikely.

SnowDragon

Juniors
I must admit I was pretty impressed with that interview from Flanno. He is obviously a pretty straight shooter and calls it how he sees it.
I liked how he spoke about the roster. The forwards and halves are fine, its the young outside backs and fullback that will need to have a big year for them to be successful.
Its true.
Also unlikely.
Young outside backs... that’s not EA or Lafai right? Or is he only referring to the back 3?

Dragonsamy

Bench
Young outside backs... that’s not EA or Lafai right? Or is he only referring to the back 3?

Funny enough
Lafai is only 28 just runs like a 45 year old
Euan is only 25
But both are very experienced and both are not NRL standard
And neither of these two players will be playing centres for any other Club in the NRL

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Jak
It part of my job to be positive.
But the only problem with that is the coach may be retained .

For pity sake Sammy , don’t tell me that you are the ‘ shrink ‘ that solves the player’s psychological problems ? If so then forget about them and put all of your training and ability into working out egg- head’s mind set . Who knows with your professional skills you may able to probe deep into his mind and get him thinking as a real coach .

By the way did McGregor say at the end of the Flanno interview that he , “ Flanagan having won a premiership, he is everything that an assistant should be “ ? The mind truly boggles at just what the maestro is thinking .

Frank Facer

First Grade
Flannos interview was refreshing imo.
Yes there was some spin, but the underlying message was that he is here to do a job.
Sidestepped a few questions abd tried really hard not to say too much on others. In some way he apologised to the Sharks faithful whilst also inferring its time to move on. Same with coaching his son.
The coaching mary-go-round (deliberate mispell) has quitened off with only our supercoach, Kearney and Green the most under pressure. The fact hexwants to be close to his son sort of weighs out the other two options.
If Flanno does get the head coaching role in the future, he will most likely want to bring Kyle to our club. I think Kyle will go very well for Easts this year.

Crush

Coach
If Flanno does get the head coaching role in the future, he will most likely want to bring Kyle to our club. I think Kyle will go very well for Easts this year.
I doubt Kyle will get much game time this year at Rorters.

Crush

Coach
Why?. Who so you reckon plays 7 for the Chooks then
Well Flanno isn't that good (at least yet) so I doubt if he does start there he will last. The Roosters will have/find someone to slot in there better than Kyle.

Dragonsamy

Bench
For pity sake Sammy , don’t tell me that you are the ‘ shrink ‘ that solves the player’s psychological problems ? If so then forget about them and put all of your training and ability into working out egg- head’s mind set . Who knows with your professional skills you may able to probe deep into his mind and get him thinking as a real coach .

By the way did McGregor say at the end of the Flanno interview that he , “ Flanagan having won a premiership, he is everything that an assistant should be “ ? The mind truly boggles at just what the maestro is thinking .

No not quite mate but even if It was.
I really wouldn't want to know what going on in Mary's mine.
Last time I walked past him I just heard the wind whistling through his ears.
What I do has to do with recovery from injuries ect