What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's back

The same Flanno that was majorly responsible and who got you your one and only recent premiership. You can bag him now he has left.
I'm not bagging him at all, I'm just stating truths.
Mooney was behind the great signings, Lewis, Ennis maybe even Bird. The fact is Flanno was behind the signings of the ones I stated. Let's put it this way, the day after the Sharks signed Woodsy I was having a few beers with the Flange and he told me the deal he got him for. I worked with Flanno for about 6 months yonks back. I get on well with him.
But the facts are the facts, and yes Bird did leave because he thought Flanno didnt treat him with respect.
I'll never knock his coaching ability, ever. But his ability in making good signings leaves a lot to be desired.
Edit: sorry, I have to correct myself there. He doesn't make bad signings, he makes extremely bad use of the salary cap. Don't let him near that and he'll be fine.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Mooney was behind the great signings, Lewis, Ennis maybe even Bird. The fact is Flanno was behind the signings of the ones I stated. Let's put it this way, the day after the Sharks signed Woodsy I was having a few beers with the Flange and he told me the deal he got him for. I worked with Flanno for about 6 months yonks back. I get on well with him.
But the facts are the facts, and yes Bird did leave because he thought Flanno didnt treat him with respect.
I'll never knock his coaching ability, ever. But his ability in making good signings leaves a lot to be desired.
Edit: sorry, I have to correct myself there. He doesn't make bad signings, he makes extremely bad use of the salary cap. Don't let him near that and he'll be fine.
Unfortunately we are one of the clubs that do have a salary-cap , so that being the case I do hope that the Dragon hierarchy point that out to him .

Yow

Juniors
So the money the Broncos gave Bird had nothing to do with it? Maybe next time start with ONCE UPON A TIME

So the money the Broncos gave Bird had nothing to do with it? Maybe next time start with ONCE UPON A TIME
Sharks offered him the richest deal ever at the club.
He's on a podcast saying it, about Flanno. I'll get it for you. Then you can take your own fantasies and fill them full of humble pie.

Here ya go, I even copied it from where the story starts so you dont have to listen to the whole thing,

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Two Albion park girls go round the outside
Round the outside, round the outside

Guess who's back
Back again
Flanno’s back
Tell a friend

Guess who's back, guess who's back
Guess who's back

We’ve created a monster
'Cause nobody wants Benji Marshall no more
We’ve got Flanno, a list he’ll deliver

Well if you want Flanno, this is what he’ll give you
A little peptide mixed with some cap riggin
Sign Dugan that'll jump start your heart quicker
Than a shock when you get shocked by a board decision
By Gordon when you’re not co-operating
When you’re rockin' the board table while he's delegating

Hey!

You waited this long, now stop debating
'Cause Flanno’s back, he’s on the books list creating
I know that you got a job, Ms. Griffin
But your husband's squad problem's complicating

So STG won't let him be
Or let him be free, so let me see
They try to shut him down on pay TV
But it feels so empty, without Mary

Flanno said this looks like a job for me
So everybody, just sign with me
'Cause we need a little, controversy
'Cause it feels so empty, without Mary

be55

Juniors

Guess who's back
Back again
Flanno’s back
Tell a friend

Guess who's back

We’ve created a monster
'Cause nobody wants Benji Marshall no more
We’ve got Flanno, a list he’ll deliver

Well if you want Flanno, this is what he’ll give you
A little peptide mixed with some cap riggin
Sign Dugan that'll jump start your heart quicker
Than a shock when you get shocked by a board decision
By Gordon when you’re not co-operating
When you’re rockin' the board table while he's delegating

Hey!

You waited this long, now stop debating
'Cause Flanno’s back, he’s on the books list creating
I know that you got a job, Ms. Griffin
But your husband's squad problem's complicating

So STG won't let him be
Or let him be free, so let me see
They try to shut him down on pay TV
But it feels so empty, without Mary

Flanno said this looks like a job for me
So everybody, just sign with me
'Cause we need a little, controversy
'Cause it feels so empty, without Mary
Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

Outstanding...that is absolute gold 👌

BLM01

First Grade
Is it true that we are after Flannos son? If that is true, what becomes of Sullivan?
100%.. Ryan Webb sent a tweet saying the Dragons are trying to mimic Penrith and the Cleary's and that we would swap Kyle for Amone & Sullivan. then deleted it straight after.
Must have hit the send button by mistake but Hook had time to "like" it.

BLM01

First Grade
Sharks offered him the richest deal ever at the club.
He's on a podcast saying it, about Flanno. I'll get it for you. Then you can take your own fantasies and fill them full of humble pie.

Here ya go, I even copied it from where the story starts so you dont have to listen to the whole thing,
Thanks for sharing but did not quite hear the bit were Sharks offered him the richest deal ever at the club and also he did not bag Flanno hardly at all?
All I heard is that he thought Flanno disrespected him a bit by taking time to offer his next contract. The Broncos offer at very high $$$$ would of been a major influence as he also alluded to.

Thanks for sharing but did not quite hear the bit were Sharks offered him the richest deal ever at the club and also he did not bag Flanno hardly at all?
All I heard is that he thought Flanno disrespected him a bit by taking time to offer his next contract. The Broncos offer at very high $$$$ would of been a major influence as he also alluded to.
Sorry it was the way I posted. It would have read better if it looked like this.

"The Sharks did offer Bird their biggest contract at the time.

Bird did say he felt disrespected by Flanno, it's on a pod, I'll get it. Etc. "

Now that you've heard what he said you would have heard that he didn't want to leave the Sharks and only because Flanno said to him that they'll work it out the next week and didn't talk again about it for another 3 months that Bird felt disrespected by Flanno, and in doing so looked at other offers. Probably not the best negotiating in this instance, wouldn't you agree?
I also need to ask, were you one of the Dragons fans that laughed their arses off when Flanno bought Dugan for $900k per year? I wouldn't blame you if you were.

Crush

Coach
Sorry it was the way I posted. It would have read better if it looked like this.

Now that you've heard what he said you would have heard that he didn't want to leave the Sharks and only because Flanno said to him that they'll work it out the next week and didn't talk again about it for another 3 months that Bird felt disrespected by Flanno, and in doing so looked at other offers. Probably not the best negotiating in this instance, wouldn't you agree?
I also need to ask, were you one of the Dragons fans that laughed their arses off when Flanno bought Dugan for $900k per year? I wouldn't blame you if you were.
I remember clearly telling my brother, a sharks supporter, that Dugan was a mistake and that Sharks would regret signing him.
At the time he said whatever, we’ve just signed an origin and kangaroo centre in his prime.
I don’t think he ever played rep football again.

SBD82

Coach
I was.

Got told by many on the sharkies forum (not you) that I was just bitter. Pretty sure they were recommending me cream for my butthurt.

Thanks for the reminder mate. I’m off to bump a thread.

75378221-60CA-415D-8BDE-C4457AF6AEB9.jpeg

I remember clearly telling my brother, a sharks supporter, that Dugan was a mistake and that Sharks would regret signing him.
At the time he said whatever, we’ve just signed an origin and kangaroo centre in his prime.
I don’t think he ever played rep football again.
Nope he didn't, and that $900k was money not well spent, nor the Johnson or Moylan signings, all on similar money and yet none of them had won a premiership. Yet Flanno let Maloney go, who had won two, because Maloney wanted an upgrade, an upgrade deserved as Flange re-signed Chad on more bucks than Jimmy, Another true f**k up.

BLM01

First Grade

Flanno and the recruitment / retention committee and probably your club took 3 months because his management wanted too much is more like it. They never admit money driving force in any interview. In hindsight Bird has not been the same since he left your club.
Yes I was one of the Dragons fans that laughed at Dugan wanting close to a 1 mill and Sharks taking him. Could not believe our luck cause Mary wanted him to stay.
Flanno got that wrong Ok......then Wayne got the Bird signing wrong.
All coaches and all clubs make bad choices.
Even the great McGregor made 1 or 2.
Stop clutching at straws trying to burst our bubble cause most on here think Flanno is a good appointment. :)

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench
Flanno and the recruitment / retention committee and probably your club took 3 months because his management wanted too much is more like it. They never admit money driving force in any interview. In hindsight Bird has not been the same since he left your club.
Yes I was one of the Dragons fans that laughed at Dugan wanting close to a 1 mill and Sharks taking him. Could not believe our luck cause Mary wanted him to stay.
Flanno got that wrong Ok......then Wayne got the Bird signing wrong.
All coaches and all clubs make bad choices.
Even the great McGregor made 1 or 2.
Stop clutching at straws trying to burst our bubble cause most on here think Flanno is a good appointment. :)
Sorry mate, I don’t think he’s a good appointment at all. Banned cheat. Did SFA when he did come over to us that I’m aware of.