What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's back

This Year?

Immortal
Two Albion park girls go round the outside
Round the outside, round the outside

Two Albion park girls go round the outside
Round the outside, round the outside

Guess who's back
Back again
Flanno’s back
Tell a friend

Guess who's back, guess who's back
Guess who's back

We’ve created a monster
'Cause nobody wants Benji Marshall no more
We’ve got Flanno, a list he’ll deliver

Well if you want Flanno, this is what he’ll give you
A little peptide mixed with some cap riggin
Sign Dugan that'll jump start your heart quicker
Than a shock when you get shocked by a board decision
By Gordon when you’re not co-operating
When you’re rockin' the board table while he's delegating

Hey!

You waited this long, now stop debating
'Cause Flanno’s back, he’s on the books list creating
I know that you got a job, Ms. Griffin
But your husband's squad problem's complicating

So STG won't let him be
Or let him be free, so let me see
They try to shut him down on pay TV
But it feels so empty, without Mary

Flanno said this looks like a job for me
So everybody, just sign with me
'Cause we need a little, controversy
'Cause it feels so empty, without Mary
Post of '22 so far. Absolute GOLD.

qld redvee

Juniors
could be a good move .. club actually being constructive with pathways and development , thank god hook has a vision compared to all those dark years with whatsisname.. we will never know exactly what flannos input was when he was assistant but i like the idea that he could maybe replace gentle as I think we need a stronger more experienced coaching crew. Overall love the fact we are looking at a blueprint to mimic penrith.. we have the juniours so lets harness them and grab an outsider or 2 to fill the team .. And this should make a great competitive squad in reserves compared to the squads we have had since JD left

muzbys post rules.

id say itll be a year role, and with the usual amount of people getting sacked mid and late this year someone will grab him.
i get the feeling, that he thought that he would walk back in at the sharks. (he had backing from a few of the board etc)
good luck to him.
the worst thing he can do is bring his kid, who is a dud.
as to jack bird, it doesnt matter where jack is, the grass is greener else where.

qld redvee

Juniors
It is not just our nursery but would one of Flanno's roles be scouting young players state wide and putting them in to these nursery systems ( like Lomax, Ramsey ) ?
Denis,
I reckon he will be especially if he is looking to fill holes that coach has identified moving forward . fingers crossed we may have a bloody good production line happening which will give us hope

BLM01

First Grade
It is not just our nursery but would one of Flanno's roles be scouting young players state wide and putting them in to these nursery systems ( like Lomax, Ramsey ) ?
No I read it is he will be scouting and trying to improve and fill holes in our Top 30 - 35 roster
This is because we will have a fair turnover again this year of senior players
There are others in position to do the scouting for the young players and development / nursery system stuff
Millward will oversee that part without the leg work

possm

Coach
they keep moving millwards chair one closer to the door without going through to the other side - job for life it seems
The Millward Mess was identified years ago. The problem is that part of the Illawarra/WIN agreement with St George. The agreement to sell Illawarra shares, below market price included special treatment for Doust, Craig Young, and Millward.

justadragon

Bench
It is time.
Flanno to take over.
We need change now or next year will also be wasted.
Be careful what you wish for, Flanno was there as the AC, not much happened, he is there now and not much is happening either. As i have posted before leave hook until seasons end but we head hunt Bellamy at all costs, we get him out of that consultancy agreement with the storm, and get him here, sure it will cost a lot of $ a real lot, but we have all seen what the end result is not spending bugger all on the most important person will do. Besides if Flanno was so in demand he wouldnt have a job with us would he.

Dragon David

First Grade
Be careful what you wish for, Flanno was there as the AC, not much happened, he is there now and not much is happening either. As i have posted before leave hook until seasons end but we head hunt Bellamy at all costs, we get him out of that consultancy agreement with the storm, and get him here, sure it will cost a lot of $ a real lot, but we have all seen what the end result is not spending bugger all on the most important person will do. Besides if Flanno was so in demand he wouldnt have a job with us would he.
Sorry justa, the same could possibly be said for Bellamy. As a Storm coach he has done wonders for sure - a couple of premiership wins stripped and points taken in 2010, when we won, for salary cap breach reasons. However, during his long and almost distinguished career at the Storm, he was appointed the NSW SOO head coach from 2008-2010. He was sacked after the 2010 games and his "results overall were three unrelenting seasons of disappointment which netted only two wins from nine matches" - a quote from Wikipedia.

The picture as I see it is yes, he is more or less brilliant as the Storm's coach, but outside of the aura of that establishment in Melbourne, he might not be as good elsewhere - well he would be better than any of the coaches we have had since Bennett that's for sure but just might not be our answer. I know, who am I kidding when I say that? No one. But a lot can be said about horses for courses and that is why I think Bellamy would be reluctant to coach elsewhere when after he hands over the reins to someone else and he does his consultancy work for the Storm he would be comfortable passing his ten cents worth to the new blokes on the block. I kinda think that he doesn't want to lose his comfort zone. However, $4M-$5M a year might sway him or just put any high figure down.

justadragon

Bench
Sorry justa, the same could possibly be said for Bellamy. As a Storm coach he has done wonders for sure - a couple of premiership wins stripped and points taken in 2010, when we won, for salary cap breach reasons. However, during his long and almost distinguished career at the Storm, he was appointed the NSW SOO head coach from 2008-2010. He was sacked after the 2010 games and his "results overall were three unrelenting seasons of disappointment which netted only two wins from nine matches" - a quote from Wikipedia.

The picture as I see it is yes, he is more or less brilliant as the Storm's coach, but outside of the aura of that establishment in Melbourne, he might not be as good elsewhere - well he would be better than any of the coaches we have had since Bennett that's for sure but just might not be our answer. I know, who am I kidding when I say that? No one. But a lot can be said about horses for courses and that is why I think Bellamy would be reluctant to coach elsewhere when after he hands over the reins to someone else and he does his consultancy work for the Storm he would be comfortable passing his ten cents worth to the new blokes on the block. I kinda think that he doesn't want to lose his comfort zone. However, $4M-$5M a year might sway him or just put any high figure down.
I can see your point Dave, my gut feeling is we need someone who can stand up to the board and demand what he wants, plus I think the upside of attracting players to the club would be immense. He is ruthless and just wont put up with any rubbish. I suppose I'm more interested in getting a system that works from the storm implemented at the dragons, not just plays for the football team but the whole management. And he would be the kind of guy that would tell them where to stick it if they dicked him around. But yeah horses for courses, lets hope we find Phar Lap !!!

Dragon David

First Grade
I can see your point Dave, my gut feeling is we need someone who can stand up to the board and demand what he wants, plus I think the upside of attracting players to the club would be immense. He is ruthless and just wont put up with any rubbish. I suppose I'm more interested in getting a system that works from the storm implemented at the dragons, not just plays for the football team but the whole management. And he would be the kind of guy that would tell them where to stick it if they dicked him around. But yeah horses for courses, lets hope we find Phar Lap !!!
Yep, someone with a big heart for the Dragons and someone with a winning culture through and through.