What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's back

raydragon

Juniors
I could be wrong, but I thought it had nothing to do with the Broncos…that was Brian Smith coaching then. He, (Brown) coached us over a decade later and we got done by Wests Tigers and the Storm, despite having pretty good cattle.
you are correct my bad. but still think browny has more to offer than Flanagan or barret and the best thing he done was slap barrets face. Loved it.

Rod Coil

Juniors
I could be wrong, but I thought it had nothing to do with the Broncos…that was Brian Smith coaching then. He, (Brown) coached us over a decade later and we got done by Wests Tigers and the Storm, despite having pretty good cattle.
100% correct. Losing to to Bronco’s was in ‘92 & ‘93. A full 10 years before Brown was coaching us. (2003-2008). Rolled by salary cap cheating Storm & a young Tigers team in semi at SFS.

RedVee_8

Juniors
100% correct. Losing to to Bronco’s was in ‘92 & ‘93. A full 10 years before Brown was coaching us. (2003-2008). Rolled by salary cap cheating Storm & a young Tigers team in semi at SFS.
There was some story of a verbal kerfuffle in the bus to the Wests game. From memory Lance got the blame for upsetting a young bloke with some verbal sparring. He got the arse from the club not long after - again from memory.
Anyone know the truth of that story ?

BLM01

First Grade
no it wasnt, it was us that let us down, we froze and looked nothing like the team we where capable of especially the second GF.
couple of things stuck in my mind, why was wally fullerton smith benched , Also we had this fast Kiwi winger, cant remember his name, why was he benched as well.
and Scott Gourley was called back by the ref when the broncos knocked the ball on, he had every right to keep going, Those memories still Haunt me
Was the winger Jason Donnelly you are thinking of. I loved him as a bustling winger, not sure about speed

raydragon

Juniors
Well maybe raydragon. As you say pathways and development possibly, but I think he’s had his go as a Head Coach.
Not as head coach I remember Bennet saying he came in to a pretty roster, That was mostly built by brown Bennet just added a couple of hard heads.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Ex Son in Law

Not as head coach I remember Bennet saying he came in to a pretty roster, That was mostly built by brown Bennet just added a couple of hard heads.
That he did, but imo Bennett did in an offseason what Brown sides couldn't do during his tenure with us . Bennett did more than bring a couple of hard heads.; we changed immediately; gone with the hand-overs and the silly mistakes, we were tight and tough.

Under Brown we had a great roster if only........ Many people commented that we underachieved under the Brown years and i'd have to say i tend to agree with that perspective. Not a bad effort getting to 2 Finals but i think a lot of people believe we should have got a bit more from those years.

redv13

Bench
That he did, but imo Bennett did in an offseason what Brown sides couldn't do during his tenure with us . Bennett did more than bring a couple of hard heads.; we changed immediately; gone with the hand-overs and the silly mistakes, we were tight and tough.

Under Brown we had a great roster if only........ Many people commented that we underachieved under the Brown years and i'd have to say i tend to agree with that perspective. Not a bad effort getting to 2 Finals but i think a lot of people believe we should have got a bit more from those years.
2004, 2005 and 2006. Definitely should have won at least 1 GF in 05 or 06. Massive missed opportunity for Browny and the club